Beginners and Beyond

The first WednDAILIES of the rest of your life (Read 48 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

FYP, haven't you learned anything today?

Sorry, Dave. I learn by doing. Later tonight I will give you the full report on my 45 minute recovery run.  Smile

LRB

I don't think you're supposed to take them that way.

Let me clarify that there is inflammation. I did a self-adjustment yesterday to hopefully remove the source of it, now using ibuprofen to hit the remnants of it.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone! Smile

I'm back out on the ship again, internet is iffy, but I wanted to pop in and say hi.  I started my Pfitz 61-84 HM plan this week, and I'm gonna stick to it this time!  Yesterday was my first split LT run, 10 miles with 16 mins LT, 4 mins recovery, then 13 mins LT, worked out to about 2.5 miles of warmup and cooldown bookending the LT portions.  Great run.  Set my LT at 6:40 based off of my last 5k, which was still the high end of the range on Pfitz's LT chart, but I figured I'd play it safe.  It was a good workout, could probably handle a lil more, so I might step it up a lil on the next one.  12 miles GA on tap for today, no rest for the wicked. lol

Hope everyone has been doing well, I'll try to check in when I can, have about 2.5 more weeks out here, yay! :P

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Tell that to my log! It demands an even number of miles, maybe a .1 at the end if I miscalculate. If I am not mistaken, McMillan plans will say something like "60-70 min easy", in which case I'm sure I'd run whatever number of minutes gives me an even number of miles.

Same here.  And if it was me, being so slow, they would have to give me at least 60 minutes every day to make it through easy short 5 milers.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hey everyone! Smile

I'm back out on the ship again, internet is iffy, but I wanted to pop in and say hi.  I started my Pfitz 61-84 HM plan this week, and I'm gonna stick to it this time!  Yesterday was my first split LT run, 10 miles with 16 mins LT, 4 mins recovery, then 13 mins LT, worked out to about 2.5 miles of warmup and cooldown bookending the LT portions.  Great run.  Set my LT at 6:40 based off of my last 5k, which was still the high end of the range on Pfitz's LT chart, but I figured I'd play it safe.  It was a good workout, could probably handle a lil more, so I might step it up a lil on the next one.  12 miles GA on tap for today, no rest for the wicked. lol

Hope everyone has been doing well, I'll try to check in when I can, have about 2.5 more weeks out here, yay! :P

Glad you checked in!

Damaris

Mmmmm...beer

Glad you checked in!

Thanks!  I miss you guys. Smile  Some days it takes me 20 minutes just to enter a run into my log, after that I just don't have the patience to try to post too.  Greatest military in the world and we have dialup internet speeds. LOL  Altho, most of the time I'm still impressed that we even have internet and tv while floating out in the middle of nowhere, so I'll take what I can get.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

D2, so long as you are posting your miles, ha!  Glad to hear from you.  We miss you as well.

Fuck, one of our bankruptcy practitioners and his partner got hit by a fucking drunk driver.  They were cycling in Crandon Park, where a lot of people run and bike.  Fucker.  His partner died, the bankruptcy attorney is barely hanging.

Damaris

From the Internet.

Counting calories sucks. I had 2200 of those suckers yesterday and I'm still starving today. Heading out in a few minutes to run 3 or 4 recovery miles and then devouring my lunch like a crazed beast.

Little Blue

Hi everybody!  4 miles walked with my friend, 2 miles run.  Legs really feeling yesterday's hills, so I guess I need to do that more.

I just hit my ass cheek with 600 mgs of Motrin. Probably gonna do that twice more today or at least once. Not in major pain just doing a self-diagnostic type of thing right now.

I usually only take pills about once every other year or so there.

Just your description bored a large hole in my stomach.  That much Motrin would dissolve my stomach and most of the rest of my innards.  Sure hope it helps you.

Hip Redux

Yes but they go in your mouth not your ass.

Let me clarify that there is inflammation. I did a self-adjustment yesterday to hopefully remove the source of it, now using ibuprofen to hit the remnants of it.

Fuck, one of our bankruptcy practitioners and his partner got hit by a fucking drunk driver.  They were cycling in Crandon Park, where a lot of people run and bike.  Fucker.  His partner died, the bankruptcy attorney is barely hanging.

Ugh, sorry to hear that.

From the Internet.

Holy shit, that's ridiculous. My condolences and a massive fuck you to people who drive drunk.

LRB

Yes but they go in your mouth not your ass.

I'm a little slow today. 

DavePNW

I'm a little slow today. 

Must be all the Motrins up your ass.

Dave

LRB

Just your description bored a large hole in my stomach.  That much Motrin would dissolve my stomach and most of the rest of my innards.  

If your stomach is empty I suppose it would. 

I am doing my best.  Thanks!