Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 34 times)

LRB

I ran 7 sluggish ass miles. Not sure what was up with that but it's over.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 5.7 miles of fun.  I wore my new Kinvara 6s for the first time, and I think I like them.  They discontinued my Virratas, and these may be a replacement.

I'm off work until Monday, and I'm headed to the Ryman this evening to see Drive-By Truckers.  Do you think I'm smiling and loving it ?  Fuck yeah I am Smile.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

From the Internet.

'Bout 4 weeks in now and I finally have cranky tired MRT legs - gutted through 12.2, slow start but finished with 3x5 minute surges in the last few miles (with some uphill stretches and in the back half of an MLR I definitely went effort-based, didn't try for a pace) and felt OK. Got hungry at mile 7 but it passed pretty quickly. I have a massage scheduled tomorrow afternoon and I am REALLY REALLY looking forward to that!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and weights (forgot to lift last night).  If I can, I'll walk while hubby is running, or bike around him while he does.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good morning!

I ran 5.7 miles of fun.  I wore my new Kinvara 6s for the first time, and I think I like them.  They discontinued my Virratas, and these may be a replacement.

I'm off work until Monday, and I'm headed to the Ryman this evening to see Drive-By Truckers.  Do you think I'm smiling and loving it ?  Fuck yeah I am Smile.

Have a great day folks!

I have a pair of Virratas and it's funny that I love Altras' 0 drop but every time I wear the Virratas I'm scared of their drop.  I love the Kinvaras but have not tried the newer ones.  They have gone heavier than before, IMO, and I stopped loving them.  Let me know what you think of them after some more runs.

Damaris

delicate flower

'Morning!  Busy busy busy at work!  Wife needed to be up earlier than usual today, so I rolled out of bed at 5:00 and did my 60 minute bike spin, which included 2 x 20:00 at the running equivalent of a tempo effort.  Fresh on the heels of last night's run, my legs were not happy with me.  I have to hit specific power numbers (watts) and it took damn near everything I had to do it.  I am glad that's done, and now I can rest my legs until my 10K Saturday.

I want to swim after work but the scheduling isn't looking great.  Then again, what the hell else am I going to do since the wife is away tonight.

<3

Zelanie

I had a pair of Virratas once, and also got PF at the same time.  When I switched shoes, it got better.  This may have been 100% coincidental, but it made me paranoid.  I seem to be doing fine with Altras, though.

LRB

I had a pair of Virratas once, and also got PF at the same time.  When I switched shoes, it got better.  This may have been 100% coincidental, but it made me paranoid.  I seem to be doing fine with Altras, though.

Paranoia is expected where running injuries are concerned. In fact, the first thing we usually ask ourselves when trying to assess if we're injured or not is if we're being paranoid. lol

Paranoia is expected where running injuries are concerned. In fact, the first thing we usually ask ourselves when trying to assess if we're injured or not is if we're being paranoid. lol

Yeah this is one reason I stick with the same shoes over & over again. As it is, I have been having pain in the top of my foot, which coincides with switching out to new pairs of the same shoe. But I went from the Ravenna 6 to 7, so wondering if that's related. Or whether I just tied them too tight, since I just tie shoes once & slip them on & off the rest of their lives. Or something else.

6 miles. Forgot my Garmin at home in the charger. Ended up carrying my phone & using the Strava app. Which looked all jacked up, so I just entered a guesstimate in the RA log. Which is what I should have done to begin with.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think it's because the Altras have cushioned, or at least a different (or higher) cushion than the Virratas.  Which Altras do you use.  I use the very light ones (The Ones and Intuitions) and the cushion, although small, feels more than the Virratas.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am sure I'll be paranoid in 4 weeks or so...

I am already paranoid that the other knee's meniscus is broken.  LOL. Just cause it's sore from carrying most of the weight.

Damaris

LRB

LRB

6 miles. Forgot my Garmin at home in the charger. Ended up carrying my phone & using the Strava app. Which looked all jacked up, so I just entered a guesstimate in the RA log. Which is what I should have done to begin with.

My run came up short today on a known route for stupid ass reason. I adjusted the last split based on what I'm fairly certain I ran, not the crap the watch was showing.

Cyberic

I've got a 1.33 mile loop that I did 6+ times.  Anyway, the 60 minute workout (no assigned paces):

10 minute warm up

15 minute tempo (7:03 avg)

3 minute recovery

15 minute tempo (7:02 avg)

3 minute recovery

10 minute tempo (7:01 avg)

4 minute cool down

Good run, and just as good a tempo run as I've ever had.  8.11 miles at 7:24 avg.  It'd be nice if my recent race results would reflect my training...

Wow! Good run!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

I can relate, but with a twist.  I retired my first pair of Virratas at 178 miles, because I had a twinge in my knee on a run.  I had never felt it before, and got paranoid about the shoes.  The knee thing was fine the next day.

A little later, I decided to give another pair a try.  I retired those at 952 miles.  Then, two more pair with over 800 miles. I've run 2900 miles total in Virratas.   I'm down to 2 new pair in rotation, and am already getting sad.

Runner with a riding problem.