Beginners and Beyond

Throw-It-Down Thursdailies (Read 33 times)

sdWhiskers

Warm and muggy here, blech. Like it wants to rain but its SoCal so it doesn't. 6 miles done, all with a headlamp.

We got some really good news at work on a project that I've been working on since 2013. Yay science! And also submitted another patent for my current project. A good week that would be even better if I didn't have a day of meetings on the calendar today.

DavePNW

I ended up buying the 2018 one I linked to last week. It's a pretty nice jacket actually. the wind cheater material is fairly thick and it is nicely fitted with longgg sleeves that come halfway down my hands (perfect).

Does it have thumb holes?

Up at 2:45 today.  6 miles

Dave

onemile

Does it have thumb holes?

Up at 2:45 today.  6 miles

unfortunately it does not. 

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

did 5 today at a reasonable pace. cool and crisp here! PT appointment this afternoon...

DR - good luck with the rest of the trip!

LRB

Had a nice, easy group run last night. I don't think I'll get a run in tonight as it's the party for Akron. They'll honor Des tonight and she'll give a little speech...hopefully she's as entertaining as I have her built up to be in my mind lol.

My claim to fame is that we ran past each other once. 

You don't get a feel for it seeing her on television but she's tiny.

LRB

I ended up buying the 2018 one I linked to last week. It's a pretty nice jacket actually. the wind cheater material is fairly thick and it is nicely fitted with longgg sleeves that come halfway down my hands (perfect).

Excellent. 👍

From the Internet.

Just under 8.5 easy miles today and saw a ton of butterflies. Nature!

Gonna try for a 20 min easy double later but if I don't get to it, no big deal. Wanted to do 8/4 but I don't know that I can carve out the extra time for 4 with soccer practice and doctor's appt and stuff today. Forgot I was gonna be so busy!

DavePNW

Had a nice, easy group run last night. I don't think I'll get a run in tonight as it's the party for Akron. They'll honor Des tonight and she'll give a little speech...hopefully she's as entertaining as I have her built up to be in my mind lol.

Awesome. IDK if you were here when I posted about seeing Ryan Hall give a talk recently. He was very cool and down to earth guy, Des seems like probably the same. It was fascinating listening to the perspective of an elite - some things you cannot imagine, and yet some things that sound exactly like our hobbyjogger experiences.

Dave

DavePNW

You don't get a feel for it seeing her on television but she's tiny.

You don't get a feel for it because they're all tiny.

Dave

LRB

You don't get a feel for it because they're all tiny.

Great point. Some days I'm just dense. 

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Awesome. IDK if you were here when I posted about seeing Ryan Hall give a talk recently. He was very cool and down to earth guy, Des seems like probably the same. It was fascinating listening to the perspective of an elite - some things you cannot imagine, and yet some things that sound exactly like our hobbyjogger experiences.

I was! I may have posted my race time where we were on the same page lol!

LRB...I'm sure she is. Meb was shockingly tiny too. Kara, on the other hand, didn't actually seem that small.

https://ibb.co/F6jsPqH

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I got my 5.2 miles in earlier, with Dorian and Jetta. It was going pretty well til the final mile, uphill with a headwind of 6-9 mph winds.

Doesn't sound bad, I know 🙄🤷‍♀️ til you're pushing a 55 lb kid in a 40 lb stroller 🤦‍♀️

I might get in another 3 miler later this evening.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Runshortii

I ran 6. HR is still higher than normal on my runs, but I guess that’s what happens when you barely run or exercise for 15 weeks I think I would’ve felt better if my quads weren’t still trashed

Cyberic

I was! I may have posted my race time where we were on the same page lol!

LRB...I'm sure she is. Meb was shockingly tiny too. Kara, on the other hand, didn't actually seem that small.

https://ibb.co/F6jsPqH

I'm actually shocked when very good/elite runners are not tiny. Weight being the limiting factor that it is (more heat produced, more mass to move from one point to the other).

RunningOnSand

Forgot I was gonna be so busy!

I hate it when life gets in the way of running! I thought I was going to be able to run today, but it turns out I am not going to. Two rest days in a row has me kinda like

But I'll run the next few days and hopefully feel better. For those of us who run consistently, I wonder what the percentage is for those who run for stress management/emotional stuff. I'm guessing it's a pretty high number.

I've never been near a pro runner. I would love to meet Des. SIAR, have a blast tonight. I actually reference her all the time to my kids (her selfless acts early on when she conquered Boston), in hopes that they'll do the same. Obvs when they're pro runners, running the Boston marathon.  Wink