Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #253 (Read 26 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I went to the gym this morning, then ran 7.4 miles. It was 66 degrees and humid, but not awful.

The Jetta Chronicles

So I know I've mentioned a few times over the last 5 years about dealing with Jetta's seemingly chronic diarrhea and my frustration over it, I think it was 2 weeks ago she had another incident all over the living room floor and I was just at my wits' end with it. This is a stench like no other dog crap, and it literally soaks into the wooden floors and then just soaks into the walls and everything, the smell just lingers for hours.

DH is/was certain it was from her eating cat poop but I was not satisfied with that theory so I did some google research on GSD's, because I remember reading way back before Jetta that this breed tends to have sensitive stomachs. After much digging and deduction, I came upon food allergies and even to the point that some GSD's digestive system cannot break down certain proteins properly, like beef and chicken  and they also need probiotics to help with digestion among other things.
    Well, that would explain the last 5 years and why her poop rarely was solid...  Even though Fromm is a great brand of dog food, I was choosing beef options or chicken. So I dug into what dog foods are best for GSD's and came to the choice of Taste of the Wild's Sierra Mountain recipe. Highly digestible roasted lamb and egg combined with sweet potatoes and peas, along with Species-Specific Probiotics to help with the digestive system.

She's been on it for over a week and I am no longer seeing runny/loose stools (so far). Hopefully that was the issue.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

...and FreeSo was singing “Ta ra ra poop de ay, she had solid poop today ๐Ÿ˜€”

Rest day, and off till I can sleep two nights in a row on my right side.  Time to try rest for the quad-thing that’s been bugging me since the end of June๐Ÿ˜ก...me not being able to sleep on my right side has also been bugging my wife since the end of June๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜›

Did 20 mins of slow pool mix; my wife had reserved a lane at a different pool and she couldn’t go so I went.  Depending where I work I can fit it in... have to be first in line as there are only 5 deep lanes... the pool I had been going to has 14 deep lanes.

20 mins forward gutter walking before the pool, that seems to bug the quads.....then 15 mins backward walking on tilt after pool, that seemed fine in the quads.... gotta keep pickin on the ham problem while resting the quads.

Not running on an off workday is ๐Ÿ˜ข

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hope that helps, FreeSoul! For Rubio's shortened colon issue and IBD, the response is apparently food with high contents of fiber, which sounds contradictory. So weird.

I don't know if I have 9 or my LR. I'll decide before noon as if 9, then I'll have my allergy shot today.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yeah I'll be happy if I can go 6 months without an incident lol.... She seems to like this food too, though I'm considering switching from 3 regular size meals a day to 4 or 6 small size meals.... Wonder if that would be easier on her stomach.....๐Ÿค”

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.8 miles this morning with 8 x 200. Forgot what day it was and had to run through the house collecting the trash before my run.

Freesoul, hope the new food does the trick. You may be able to ask your vet to do a blood draw for food allergies. We did that with our last dog since she was allergic to grass and trees.

sdWhiskers

3 miles followed by weights. I started doing LIIFT4 on BOD, which is 4 days/wk of weights and some HIIT.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

4.8 miles this morning with 8 x 200. Forgot what day it was and had to run through the house collecting the trash before my run.

Freesoul, hope the new food does the trick. You may be able to ask your vet to do a blood draw for food allergies. We did that with our last dog since she was allergic to grass and trees.

Each time I took her in, they did blood work and never came back with anything... it was frustrating. But hopefully this does the trick or lessons the incidents at the very least.... I just can't go another 5 years with this lol

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am your dog!

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Got 3 more pics from the Labor Day Race, the 1st one was most certainly my best one 

Pretty sure I was in the midst of the 2nd loop and getting ready to do that out and back on the concrete parking lot.

Pretty sure I was headed straight for the finish line, yeah because the sign showing to turn around for the 2nd loop is right behind me. And I look awful and I felt awful, I was fried AF

Don't expect me to smile.... I feel too awkward when standing in front of people/crowds/strangers, even if they are clapping or whatever... I still feel weird.

PRs

Didn't smell so smoky this morning. Air quality index was still not great, but better than yesterday, and I think on an improving trend. Ran 6 miles.

Dave

KCRuns

more rain this morning, so 4 miles on the treadmill.

RunningOnSand

The dailies are slow today. Almost 4pm central and still on the 1st page! 

FS, congrats on your win! Awesome pics, too. I also hope Jetta's problems are solved.

Dave, hopefully the air quality keeps improving--I can't imagine running in bad quality air.

Whiskers, how have you liked the strength training? Have you noticed any impact on your running, good or bad?

Daffy, it does suck to not be able to run on a day off. Sad

KC, did you run through the streets of any foreign country during your run today? Seems like it would help with treadmill running a lot.

Docket, how did your allergy shot go?

I ran 3 miles this (earlier for me) morning, and walked a combined total of about 1.5 miles. My legs were still protesting from my strength training I did on Monday, and felt like lead, and my throat felt constricted. I am pretty sure we don't have any air quality issues here, so maybe it's the start of a cold or something. IDK. It was still nice to get outside, but I had to kind of LOL at the weather app, which proclaimed there was a rain shower happening and we were basically at 100% chance of rain for the next few hours. So, I didn't wake my dog up (my RP), b/c she hates running in the rain. It was dark outside so I couldn't see what was going on, but when I got outside there was no rain at all. Nor a sprinkle during my walk and run. Oh well. At least she got to sleep in.

sdWhiskers

Whiskers, how have you liked the strength training? Have you noticed any impact on your running, good or bad?

I've been doing strength consistently for several years now (at least 1-2x wk), started after tweaking my back--who knew pregnancy destroys your core?  My goal has never been to get jacked, but rather be toned and able to do a few pushups.

Biggest impact on running is zero running injuries since I've been doing it regularly. Might not be related but probably plays some role. It requires planning out the week a little to make leg days mesh well with faster running days (I usually do leg workout in the PM of same day when doing harder running workout in the AM).

Been enjoying BOD content in lieu of going to the gym or trusting my trainer to be Covid smart. I need a few heavier weights (some day they will be available again...) but I probably never need a gym again.

KCRuns

KC, did you run through the streets of any foreign country during your run today? Seems like it would help with treadmill running a lot.

It does help a lot and I love the mini history lessons I get as well!  It's obvious the trainer I follow on the app does his research of an area ahead of time, so he's full of interesting information.  I did not do a program today though, just ran on my own.

sdWhiskers