Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies (Read 33 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

It got cold in the house overnight, slept better than I have in a long time. Now up and getting ready for a 5k. It is one of the few flat course around, hoping that the 40 degree temperature difference from this summer makes a difference.

LRB

It got cold in the house overnight, slept better than I have in a long time. Now up and getting ready for a 5k. It is one of the few flat course around, hoping that the 40 degree temperature difference from this summer makes a difference.

Win and win. #winwin

LRB

It got cold in the house overnight

I turned my furnace on.

It's 45 out there now which will probably feel like 25 for a mile or two seeing as how I haven't run in anything less than 55 degrees. I am currently debating on long sleeves versus a singlet and arm sleeves...

Half Crazy K 2.0

I turned my furnace on.

It's 45 out there now which will probably feel like 25 for a mile or two seeing as how I haven't run in anything less than 55 degrees. I am currently debating on long sleeves versus a singlet and arm sleeves...

I haven't run in anything below 70. Its 45.

LRB

I haven't run in anything below 70. Its 45.

Excellent! Manage your pace the first 800 meters as to not overdo it and you'll be golden.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have been fighting the urge to turn the furnace on. My husband would’ve done it already if he was here.

Indy HM as a LR. Starting at 8.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Excellent! Manage your pace the first 800 meters as to not overdo it and you'll be golden.

Lol, so sprinting 1/2 mile to the start probably isn't what you meant.  Yea. Who the fuck doesn't at least put a cone up. I was on the wrong side of the lake.

From the Internet.

We turned the heat on early this morning and OMG IT'S COZY IN HERE! We had insulation updated through a state energy audit program and holy shit is it ever making a difference!

8 miles easy this morning - 39 degrees!! Tights weather! Big grin

Cyberic

Ran a workout by feel, partly  to test the ankle.

36 degrees, 11.5 miles total.

13 x (  0.62 mile / 0.12 miles ). The Q parts were done by feel. That's about 8 miles of Q running, and  they were all between 6:15 and 6:32 pace.

Ankle felt good, but there were a few times in there that made me think it's not ready for Intervals yet. Like I could feel my ankle. When all is good, we don't feel our ankles. Still encouraging.

MTA: I started the furnace some day this week. Thursday IIRC.

This morning I was wearing shorts, long sleeves, gloves and a head band for the ears. Could have gone without the head band. Every fall I forget a bit, and need some adjustment.

LRB

13 x ( 1000m/ 200m)

We know what 1000s are. 

LRB

Ankle felt good, but there were a few times in there that made me think it's not ready for Intervals yet. Like I could feel my ankle. When all is good, we don't feel our ankles. Still encouraging.

You may or may not recall that I dealt with a severe ankle issue for most of 2017 (and PF ffs!). I waited and waited and waited for it to get to the point where I wouldn't feel it and it never came. Finally, I decided to run until I broke it (I used those exact words at the time) and little by little it went away from my mind. I would guess it was about a year before I stopped feeling it but not focusing on it for all those months before that helped immensely. YMMV

10 stream grade, this is okay

Cyberic

You may or may not recall that I dealt with a severe ankle issue for most of 2017 (and PF ffs!). I waited and waited and waited for it to get to the point where I wouldn't feel it and it never came. Finally, I decided to run until I broke it (I used those exact words at the time) and little by little it went away from my mind. I would guess it was about a year before I stopped feeling it but not focusing on it for all those months before that helped immensely. YMMV

I don't recall your ankle issues. I remember PF only for some reason.

I am in the process of figuring out what caused it. Right now I'm suspecting a combination of a pair of shoes and running fast. But once hurt, running fast in any shoe hurts. So I'm suspecting I'll be able to run fast again soon once it's ok. It might be ok now, but it's not like I'm craving a VO2Max workout. I can live with a couple more easy weeks Smile

This is all speculation at this point, but that's how I've approached all my running issues up until now with satisfying results.

I would (and have in the past) do what you did with your ankle: run through and see if something breaks, but I like to try a few things before Big grin

delicate flower

Hey!!  I ran 18.34 miles.  35 degrees...frikkin glorious.

<3

Cyberic

Hey!!  I ran 18.34 miles.  35 degrees...frikkin glorious.

Good job on the LR