Beginners and Beyond

Soggy Sunday (Read 42 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Wet and windy out this morning. At least it's keeping the temperatures down for my 5k.

Good luck Baboon, KC and sdWhiskers!

What do you have going on today?

Cyberic

I know it's Baboon's target race of the season, so good luck to him, and to HCK, KC and SDW.

I'll be heading out in a bit for my LR.

Good luck out there Boon! 

HC- Very nice 5k racing weather! good luck!

My Spring race season as come to an end. Ran my last 5k yesterday. The heat and humidity was terrible. The course was very challenging. I just did not have it in me to really race it like I should have. Kinda beating myself up over it today but oh well...everyone has bad races...ill get over it.

Taking the day off...slept almost 10hrs. Have a big party today for our Sons 1st Bday. A lot of work to do but should be fun, 

I did get some strength work in this am.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 10 miles tonight.

Good luck, Baboon, KC, and SD!

Damaris

LRB

My Spring race season as come to an end. Ran my last 5k yesterday.

You done good this spring.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Good luck to today's racers, especially those for whom today's is a target race.

We still haven't seen the rain that's been forecast, but the humidity broke overnight and I had very nice conditions for a 10 mile long run.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

LRB

The sky just opened up, I guess I missed that memo.

Gotta' figure out what to do here...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Gotta' figure out what to do here...

Doh, run in the rain.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I forgot, good luck to Half Crazy K as well!

Damaris

Good luck racers!

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

26:59. Was hoping for faster, but the net downhill really meant mostly downhill mile 1, mix of up and down in mile 2 and lots of uphill in mile 3, but a downhill finish. Pretty crowded early on, lots of kids lined up front. One had a sign on his back cause his parent is running for some sort of office "vote for so and so, my parent".  Kid was stopping to walk within the first 1/2 mile in the middle of the road--different county/district, but if I was voting in that race, definitely would not have my vote. Also entertaining was the POPs were NOT at the start, they were at the finish area, 1/4 mile away. Got a nice sprint in pre-race to get there & back. On the way, they were setting up the timing mats and there was confusion as to where the start was--not reassuring, I had read last year the start mat never was set up.

LRB

Doh, run in the rain.

I said the sky opened up. That's not rain, that's a monsoon.

Cyberic

20 miles. 79.7 for the week.

bluerun

Super B****

AND I was on a bike when it happened because I am a pushover. 

(Now I'm back home again waiting for my leg of this relay race that I somehow fell into for the second year in a row.  I don't understand how that keeps happening to me.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I said the sky opened up. That's not rain, that's a monsoon.

Yeah, that's what we call light rain down here. :-P

Damaris