Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: Also known as Fat Thursday (Read 35 times)

sdWhiskers

Very, very true. You don't want to know what my mortgage payment really is. 

I think I might win this game...yay?

sdWhiskers

5 recovery miles on a hilly route. Took the day off.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I think you have like a 1 in 18 chance of getting in with the lottery

Or you can go with Marathon Tours.  Its packages range from about $1600 - $2300 for 3 or 4 nights, airfare not included, but guaranteed entry is.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

DavePNW

I think I might win this game...yay?

OK, I believe it, based on where you live. Plus I'm guessing I have been a homeowner longer, and I'd hope to god I've built up some kind of equity after making mortgage payments for 26 years.

Dave

RunningOnSand

ROS I agree that it's probably best to just stick with the plan this close to the race and discuss bumping up volume for next cycle or finding another coach after that. I think getting up to 50-55 mpw would pay big dividends, but having more time to spend there is key.

As always, the groupthink in this forum is pretty incredible. I'll email him and ask him what's up. Although, tbh, I'm kind of feeling done with marathon training. Aside from Nov of 2018 (when I took the month off from workouts (aside from racing IMM), I've been training pretty consistently, and pretty hard, for 2 years. I guess there's been a week off here and there, too, but for the most part it's been pretty intense. Maybe I'd feel better with just doing easy runs with higher mileage. Who knows.

I forgot who was watching for the release, but the Vaporfly Next% was just released, FYI.

Challenge accepted. 

Or you can go with Marathon Tours.  Its packages range from about $1600 - $2300 for 3 or 4 nights, airfare not included, but guaranteed entry is.

Winner winner chicken dinner!

I set my alarm for getting up early this morning to run, but I guess I slept right through it? I honestly had no idea and woke up at 8 feeling very confused. I still haven't run yet, and am nursing a headache and sore throat. I took some Motrin and will hopefully be able to run tonight.

LRB

Although, tbh, I'm kind of feeling done with marathon training.

That's a tough spot to be in. If you're not in it mentally, you're not in it. Those are not words you want in the same sentence as marathon training, although you can sometimes run yourself out of a funk by nailing a race or workout, so there is that.

LRB

I set my alarm for getting up early this morning to run, but I guess I slept right through it? I honestly had no idea and woke up at 8 feeling very confused.

Um, that would be called dead. lol

Your body needed it. It's one of the drags of morning running. We are kind of forcing ourselves to run so it's not as natural as running after we are already up.

LRB

Speaking of strange and abnormal shit, I did box jumps yesterday for the first time ever. The last 4 of which were onto a box the height of a dining room table. It was the strangest sensation ever those first couple of times. Utterly stupid, but invigorating if that makes any sense? I have been wiped out ever since though. Like, done for. Thank goodness I have nothing big planned for this weekend running-wise. That'll change soon enough...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

RoS, I have such light sleep I have never missed an alarm, but after the Dopey Challenge with Mary, which included 4 races and wake up calls at 2:30am, I went to bed back home and some drunken bitch ran over the fence behind our house and almost crashed into my living room but was saved by a tree stump.  Everybody came out to investigate except us.  Hubby watched from the bedroom blinds and was telling me hey, wake up, some shit is going down outside and I was snoring away without noticing.  I missed the crash, the cops, the lady trying to escape, the neighbors talking, etc, 10 feet away.  The next day I see the grass behind the house all trampled and police tape and I'm like oh shit, did something happen and my husband was like hello???? 

Damaris

DavePNW

As always, the groupthink in this forum is pretty incredible. I'll email him and ask him what's up. Although, tbh, I'm kind of feeling done with marathon training. Aside from Nov of 2018 (when I took the month off from workouts (aside from racing IMM), I've been training pretty consistently, and pretty hard, for 2 years. I guess there's been a week off here and there, too, but for the most part it's been pretty intense. Maybe I'd feel better with just doing easy runs with higher mileage. Who knows.

Other than a bit of time between cycles, my time off from marathon training generally only comes as a result of injury. I don't recommend that option.

Dave

LRB

Other than a bit of time between cycles, my time off from marathon training generally only comes as a result of injury. I don't recommend that option.

Indeed. That's been me in each of the years that I've run except 2014, 2016 and 2018.

Just a mess I tell ya. A hot stinking, unadulterated mess.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training and a quick 1 mile jog. Wasn't planning on running, there was a break in the rain and I was going to take some pictures of flooding. When I drove home at 5, this entire field was under water and looked like a raging river. 2 hours later, the water had receded.

I just want to get home.....I was 1/2 from home and nope.

Hanging out in a parking lot because I could barely see anything.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Stay safe!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

ROS, would it make sense to have the mileage discussion with your coach post marathon and after taking some time off? Just thinking if you are a bit burned out on the more intense training, it may seem like an ideal solution to run more miles at an easier pace, but maybe it's a case of thinking the grass is greener.

LRB

ROS, would it make sense to have the mileage discussion with your coach post marathon and after taking some time off? Just thinking if you are a bit burned out on the more intense training, it may seem like an ideal solution to run more miles at an easier pace, but maybe it's a case of thinking the grass is greener.

Speaking of that nice pics!