Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #176 (Read 24 times)

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

6.4 run/walk miles for me this morning. Really pretty morning; temp around 60, not too humid, clear sky and daylight at 5:30 am! 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 6-7 depending on which run on the calendar I do.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

NYCM canceled.

Damaris

Cyberic

It rained last evening and into the night. This morning it was still humid, but at the end of my run it was already less humid and the wind had picked up some. It is currently nice out, and humidity will continue to drop during the day.

Ran 10ish

On a "back to normal" note, the public washrooms were open in my favorite park. It is a rather large building and a very little part is open from the doors to the 2 washrooms on floor level. Usually those two washrooms are for handicaps or people with mobility problems and I go downstairs where there is a men's and women's washrooms, with urinals and stalls and whatnot, but even if it's the two "one person at a time" washrooms only, it's still a great improvement.

Also soccer practice for my daughter is starting again today. We have to get there 20 minutes early for hand washing,  question answering about symptoms, traveling, ... and it will  be weird practices with no proximity between players, but still some steps towards a normal life. No games planned yet.

I am on vacation until July 6th.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

NYCM canceled.

yep

I've been "fasting" one or two mornings a week where I usually don't eat until 10 or 11am which makes for a 13-14 hour fast, including a run/workout in the morning. Other than being really hungry right after a run/workout, it isn't too bad and I tend to not feel crazy hungry the rest of the day. Today is one of those days and, after a few more minutes in the microwave, I'll be really ready for oatmeal with dried cherries/blueberries, chia seeds (give it some nice grittiness/crunch) and some whey protein powder mixed in!

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

I am on vacation until July 6th.

Have a great vacation! Traveling or doing a staycation?

We just scheduled vacation for the week of July 13 in the Petoskey area.Can't wait!

DavePNW

NYCM canceled.

... in the least surprising news of the day. Does not bode well for CIM. Although I didn’t really expect that to happen either.

Dave

Cyberic

Have a great vacation! Traveling or doing a staycation?

We just scheduled vacation for the week of July 13 in the Petoskey area.Can't wait!

No traveling. The Woman is looking for things to do and there isn't much available. This virus thing has very weird effect on people. The Atlantic provinces of Canada don't want people from Quebec there  (provincial rule), and the border to the US is closed  so cabins for rent near lakes' prices have skyrocketed, camping grounds are almost booked to capacity, beaches are opening, but you have to reserve time slots...

We have another 2 week vacation in August, and we're trying to find something to do for that vacation.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

... in the least surprising news of the day. Does not bode well for CIM. Although I didn’t really expect that to happen either.

Chicago is still twiddling its thumbs and MCM just released some weird shit:

https://www.marinemarathon.com/about/safety-and-wellness?fbclid=IwAR1BaGBv9Dg3o9CeKWypxYjx-zv5vNYsFFn7dGMDposxK03-Z_7w0Irg8Dk

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

5.25 in new shoes and even though it was slow and ploddy and disgustingly humid, I am glad that my still-achy hip is evidently not broken.

I've gone from being registered to run two marathons this year to being registered for zero. I may actually run Boston virtually. Because I'm insane like that, or something.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

No traveling. The Woman is looking for things to do and there isn't much available. This virus thing has very weird effect on people. The Atlantic provinces of Canada don't want people from Quebec there  (provincial rule), and the border to the US is closed  so cabins for rent near lakes' prices have skyrocketed, camping grounds are almost booked to capacity, beaches are opening, but you have to reserve time slots...

We have another 2 week vacation in August, and we're trying to find something to do for that vacation.

we found the same when we looked to book. 3 weeks ago there was plenty of availability...we dawdled around and yesterday we were lucky to get anything in July.

Europe may ban travelers from the US - can't blame them!

LRB

KCRuns

Chicago is still twiddling its thumbs and MCM just released some weird shit:

https://www.marinemarathon.com/about/safety-and-wellness?fbclid=IwAR1BaGBv9Dg3o9CeKWypxYjx-zv5vNYsFFn7dGMDposxK03-Z_7w0Irg8Dk

The more people who choose now to defer to 2021, 2022 or 2023, the fewer refunds they have to give when they actually cancel the race.  Plus it spreads those people out over several years and they can still sell new entries.

I am hoping when Chicago cancels that they give the option to defer to next year without having to do the lottery again.  DH keeps telling me they may postpone the race rather than cancel.  SIL tells me someone she works with who is on the CARA board thinks they will hold the event for elites only.  So lots of speculation about what might happen, but none of us actually know anything.

KCRuns

I ran/walked 5.1 this morning.  It was gorgeous out there.  It was mid 60s and I was surprised at how many people were wearing long sleeves and pants!

LRB

... in the least surprising news of the day. 

Not so much surprising as is the suddenness of it. One would've expected Chicago to announce it first and Detroit for that matter.