Beginners and Beyond

Flip the Script SunDAILIES (Read 35 times)

LRB

It will go from 40 degrees to 25 degrees by the end of this morning. And looking at the five day forecast, winter appears to officially be here.

LRB

I will do some kind of lower body workout after coffee, then see The Revenant this afternoon.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 6.5 slow miles in ugly weather.  18F windchill and snow/sleet pellets hitting me in the face.  The next week looks pretty wintry in mid TN as well.  Hurry up April.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Hip Redux

Pouring and 50 degrees here.   I want to stay in my PJs.

onemile

It is 9F, feels like -9 here and only going to get colder throughout the day. I am planning to run at the indoor track this afternoon.

Cyberic

There is always something. Last week there was too much snow/ice to add any quality to my Sunday run, and today the sidewalks are perfect, but that kind of workout would drain a lot of energy I don't have because of this stupid cold.

I did go out and ran 11 though. 55 for the week. I guess I shouldn't complain.

Cyberic

7 day forecast shows wintery temps are coming back, but very little snow. Hopefully the sidewalks will stay clear.

LRB

I just went outside; ice is on the ground, it's snowing sideways and the wind is blowing at 30 MPH. Blizzard?

I missed the memo. lol

onemile

I just went outside; ice is on the ground, it's snowing sideways and the wind is blowing at 30 MPH. Blizzard?

I missed the memo. lol

There was no memo.  That's why I got rained/sleeted on during my run yesterday. 

Sounds like a beautiful day for football in the upper midwest! It would only be better if the Packers were home too, so we'd have a Ice Bowl doubleheader today.

Dave

delicate flower

It is RAINING out there!  For the first time ever, the weather forecast was correct:  HEAVY RAIN.  And I don't run in that shit.  8 on the treadmill completed.  The gym was pure resolutioner hell.  The noob on the treadmill next to me could not figure out how to start it (no, I wasn't going to pause my run and help lmao).  He eventually got it, then was doing one of those 30 second sprint, 60 second straddle the belt deals.  I wanted to tell him he'd actually burn more calories staying on the machine and going slower, but whatevs.  Then an old man a couple of machines down was doing medicine ball exercises on another treadmill.  No, the treadmill was not running.  Guess he thought it seemed like a good place to work out.  GDI.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

My track club's new member run was today, which was exciting (for me) because it's usually on Saturdays -- I've been a member for three years and never gone to one of these!  So I was GOING to go, even though it was supposed to be pouring rain with 25 MPH winds.

The forecasters were wrong.  It didn't rain for most of the run (though it was windy), just a brief downpour on the way home.  Which I maintain is definitely better than not running, so I'm pleased.

10.3, which is my first non-AlterG double digit run since Staten Island. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

There was no memo.  That's why I got rained/sleeted on during my run yesterday. 

Yes, it blew in from the west, so that, explains that!

Cyberic

10.3, which is my first non-AlterG double digit run since Staten Island. 

Congrats!

How are the marathoners doing?

Hip Redux

It is RAINING out there!  For the first time ever, the weather forecast was correct:  HEAVY RAIN.  And I don't run in that shit.  8 on the treadmill completed.  The gym was pure resolutioner hell.  The noob on the treadmill next to me could not figure out how to start it (no, I wasn't going to pause my run and help lmao).  He eventually got it, then was doing one of those 30 second sprint, 60 second straddle the belt deals.  I wanted to tell him he'd actually burn more calories staying on the machine and going slower, but whatevs.  Then an old man a couple of machines down was doing medicine ball exercises on another treadmill.  No, the treadmill was not running.  Guess he thought it seemed like a good place to work out.  GDI.

Good times.

One January I saw:

- A man working out in jeans (hello, chafing, nice to meet you)

- A woman who was walking slowwwwwwly on the treadmill because she was trying to text on her phone

- Someone who was clearly a resolutioner (had never seen her at all at the gym and she wasn't really working out, more "milling around") loudly exclaiming that the gym was "too crowded with all these resolutioners".