Beginners and Beyond

It is Saturday! Where yat! (Read 36 times)

delicate flower

Good morning, friends!  9:30 and no dailies yet?  Wakey wakey!

The 70.3 course preview ride I was going to do was cancelled due to rain, but here it is two hours past the start and it still is not raining.  Hmph.  Oh well.  So I got up early anyway to get my 90 minute tempo run done, which I did on the track.  The first 45 minutes was tempo work, and the final 45 minutes was moderate effort.  13.1 miles total in 1:30:14, which oddly enough ties my current HM PR.  I'd find one to race if my race schedule wasn't already set for the next six months.  But whatever.

What's everyone got today?  Workouts?  Chores?  Movies?

Good luck to KCRuns in her marathon today!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I have 6 miles.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

2.8 easy miles.

DavePNW, at least you weren't sharing pictures. One of our old nieghbors wanted to show us the pics of his colon, his wife was mortified.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 102 miles.  Both of the other guys showed up, and were very tolerable.  Time went by a LOT quicker, and I am glad I took the chance.  I wouldn't want to do it all the time, but I will not be scared to try again.  They were both much stronger and faster riders than me, and I can tell I got pushed a little.  Now, I'm going to eat, laze, and repeat.

Have a great rest of the day!

Runner with a riding problem.

sdWhiskers

Asked my coach yesterday about how to narrow down to determine goal pace for my HM in 3 weeks. She ended up changing my workout for today, making it harder. What have I done?? Lol. Basically to have less rest between intervals and see how it goes.

It wasn't awesome but also wasn't terrible. I feel mentally pretty good about targeting 9 min miles. 13.1 miles with 3 miles wu, 3 miles at 9, 0.5 mile easy,  2 miles at 9, 0.25 miles easy then 1 mile at 8:45. Final 3+ miles easy was a bit of a struggle but I realized I hadn't had any water or anything for the entire run. I usually do and maybe take 1-2 chews. It was also humid (for here) and I chafed an armpit 

zzyzx

I've been having a decent week (even did the full stair challenge on Thursday) but as I went out for my run today, I quickly realized that I had nothing. I changed my course to go up fewer hills but still had to stop after 5 miles. I then ran another 3 slow miles after my break which at least was a mile more than I did last week. It was a lot warmer than any other day I've run all year and I know that was part of my speed issue. Oh well, there's always next week Smile

DavePNW, at least you weren't sharing pictures. One of our old nieghbors wanted to show us the pics of his colon, his wife was mortified.

Ha, I have them, but no.

What was most interesting to me yesterday was that after coming out of the anesthesia, there was about a 30 minute period where I was conscious - having conversations, getting dressed, making my way to the car - but I have zero memory of whatsoever. Maybe that's typical, but weird. I didn't even think about it till later in the day, and then had to ask my wife what happened during that time.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Our boss brought his colonoscopy pictures to the office once and if you asked about the procedure, he would show them to you. 

Damaris

Coastal

Our boss brought his colonoscopy pictures to the office once and if you asked about the procedure, he would show them to you. 

Well, that's one way to make sure nobody ever, ever, ever asks you how you're procedure went....  

The thing I remember from my procedure was they told me I don't need another for 10 years!

Got in 6 on the road.  Had a surprisingly good run compared to the last two days.  The low clouds had burned off so I put on sunscreen and got out there.

HC-  OMG that is hilarious

Pleasant- Nice ride. Always good to do some training with people who are faster

SD- Nice run...Its hard to figure out goal pace. I've found 12 with 6 continuous at goal pace is a pretty good indicator of what you can do

Boon- Sounds like you are capable of destroying that old PR! Well done!

Dave- Glad to hear you got that done...I have loved ones who refuse to go, despite family history of cancer...sad

Who gets a hangover from 2 regular beers?...this guy  lol... Had a nice time last night at dinner/ band thing but my drinking days are over...I cant handle it. I drank an IPA at dinner and was borderline drunk. Had one more watching the band. Woke up feeling pretty crappy. Headed over to my local hilly park. Ended up doing 12mi total. 4E/ 4 with some hill attacks at various efforts/ 4E. The run actually went well...considerably faster than last weeks fartlek 12er there and perceived effort was much less. Ended up with a 7:27 avg pace.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Today I ran a race billed as a 10k, but after last minute, unexplained, unannounced course changes it turned into a race of not quite 6 miles.  However, that's a minor annoyance as I don't think an extra 0.2 miles would have changed my pace, which was 8:45 and totally blows away my current 10k PR pace of 9:12, and as icing on the cake, I actually won an a/g award for the first time ever.  A good day, even with a brief rain shower at mile 4 making me ever so much heavier just before the big hills.  ;-)

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                        10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

RunningWithMyDog

Ha, I have them, but no.

What was most interesting to me yesterday was that after coming out of the anesthesia, there was about a 30 minute period where I was conscious - having conversations, getting dressed, making my way to the car - but I have zero memory of whatsoever. Maybe that's typical, but weird. I didn't even think about it till later in the day, and then had to ask my wife what happened during that time.

A couple of years ago I went under for a tooth extraction.

While waiting in the recovery room, I took a horrific selfie (my mouth still stuffed with gauze, eyes glassy) and posted it to Facebook.

I have no recollection of doing it.

RunningWithMyDog

Afternoon, everyone.

Started the day by watching back to back softball games by my daughters. The field is a couple of blocks from a giant cookie factory, so you can smell a sweet smell the whole time. It's maddening.

I then ran almost 11 km home. The highlight: thanks to Toronto's ravine park system, I was able to do the entire run without having to hit pause on my Garmin. Only four major intersections with lights, and I got lucky on all of them.

Have a great evening.

RunningOnSand

A couple of years ago I went under for a tooth extraction.

While waiting in the recovery room, I took a horrific selfie (my mouth still stuffed with gauze, eyes glassy) and posted it to Facebook.

I have no recollection of doing it.

This is making me laugh uncontrollably hard.

RunningOnSand

2.8 easy miles.

This is also giving me fits of uncontrollable laughter. Big grin

You guys are the best.

JayB, you must not have been feeling too terrible? Thank god for a lower tolerance (as I'm sure if you'd have drank more than 2 beers, you'd have been puking while running!)

Dave, yes, thank you for not sharing your colon pics!

I ran 10 total. 0.5 involved with a dynamic warmup, and then 9.5 with 4x1mi @ 8:00 pace with 2min JRs, and a warmup and cool down. I think I was supposed to run closer to 8.5 but I had to finish watching the last available episode (for now) of Handmaid's Tale s2. So, so good. We're having neighbors over for cocktails and apps, should be fun.