Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 39 times)

Cyberic

You guys up?

I'm going to run to work this morning, then gonna draw some arrows on the asphalt path around the park near work, as at lunch time I'm organizing my first race .

One loop around the park: 1.77 miles (IIRC). Free entry, no t-shirt, no medal, no water. Hand held timer and a dude (that would be me) standing on the line holding the timer and recording everyone's time. That should be fun.

Have a nice day

bluerun

Super B****

6.4, coughed up a lung or two... would have been three if I had three.  Now I get to spend hours in a hair salon.  I honestly do not understand people who find that enjoyable.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

5 miles, running in Baboon country.

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Still like summer in San Antonio, 90 degrees yesterday after work when I went and did my 3.3 miles.  However, the humidity was only 38 percent, so it did not feel too bad at all out there.   Today after work, another warm one before our cool front gets here tonite.  Supposed to be around 53 or so on Thursday and through this weekend for my two races I have scheduled....low 50s on Saturday morning and the same on Sunday morning.  We may even hit the 40s in the early morning hours.  Be a nice change from the heat we've been experiencing since May.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

I did an hour in the yard geezus. Hopefully the movement will help my sore ass and fried legs for tomorrow's run.

LMAO

delicate flower

Hello!  I got my run in early today.  4 warm and humid miles done at recovery effort.  My legs were tired from last night's speed workout attempt.  

5 miles, running in Baboon country.

My advice to you is to spend as little time as humanly possible in this godforsaken city.

<3

LRB

I ran 7.5.

I planned on 8 but after the first mile realized that wasn't happening! My legs were not as beat up as yesterday, but are still recovering from Sunday, apparently.

It's cool, I don't have anything but easy runs on the schedule until this weekend so I'll be all right.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am up!  But I was driving to Broward so I've been up for the last 4 hours all for work.  Grrrr.  I have Pilates and 7 miles but not sure I'll get to run the full 7 as I get home late. We'll see.

Damaris

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 3.5 miles at 70F.  My left foot is feeling better overall, but this morning I could pinpoint the peroneal tendon as the whiniest little bitch.

I probably ramped-up too fast,  ran too many hills, wore new shoes for too many 10+ milers last week, stood in lines for too long, and carried too much shit up and down steps at work.

Sometimes my judgement is questionable Smile..  I'm hoping a few more days of less and easy will work it out.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

Whatever the rule is about not eating lunch until 11:30 is about to get booted to the moon! 

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

60 minutes of cardio and weights later today.

Cyberic: Yes, I am working with a coach. We meet once a week and he is breaking things down.  Lots of slow miles right now and with the exception of one interval session a week, there is nothing fast.  Things will pick up in due time.  I'm also doing weekly plyometrics with him. He is a guy I know who is working on getting his coaching license so the only pay he accepts is a breakfast burrito.  Also, he runs a 2:36 marathon. Smile

LRB

I'm also doing weekly plyometrics with him.

It's funny that I went to Nicole specifically for plyometerics in May of 2014, but my foundation was so unstable that she strictly forbade it!

I was a broken down, hot mess back then, but have come a long way since those days. I still haven't done anything explosive yet, though.

LRB

Whatever the rule is about not eating lunch until 11:30 is about to get booted to the moon! 

Going, going, gone!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Today is most definitely a RD. The last 3-4 days I've just felt so out of my element, yesterday afternoon I took some liquid medicine for my throat on a pretty empty stomach.....last night's speed workout didn't help either. It was 79 degrees last night, which really sucked after enjoying temps between 45-65 the last 2 weeks.

There was a football game at the high school so I ended up going to the elementary school track just across the street which is actually concrete or asphalt, definitely not what normal tracks are made of and I don't know about you guys but I can definitely feel the difference.

The plan was a 2 mile warm up and then 8x400m at 5k pace with 60 sec recoveries and a 1-2 mile cool down.

I did the first 3.25 miles of this on this track before noticing that the high school football field lights were being turned off, then I headed over there.

First half

2 mile warm up at a 8:51 min/mile pace

Lap 1 - .25 - 1:28.6 - 5:54 min/mile

60 Sec Recovery at 8:54 min/mile

Lap 2 - .25 - 1:40.1 - 6:40 min/mile

60 Sec Recovery at 8:29 min/mile

Lap 3 - .25 - 1:42.2 - 6:49 min/mile

60 Sec Recovery at 8:27 min/mile

Then I headed over to the high school to that nice, beautiful track for the final half.

.55 mile Warm up at 8:34 min/mile

Lap 1 - .25 - 1:41.6 - 6:47 min/mile

60 Sec Recovery at 9:00 min/mile

Lap 2 - .25 - 1:46.4 - 7:06 min/mile

60 Sec Recovery at 8:13 min/mile

Lap 3 - .25 - 1:40.2 - 6:41 min/mile

60 Sec Recovery at 8:41 min/mile

Lap 4 - .25 - 1:38.4 - 6:34 min/mile

60 Sec Recovery at 8:49 min/mile

Lap 5 - .25 - 1:39.1 - 6:36 min/mile

60 Sec Recovery at 8:42 min/mile

1.1 Mile Cool Down at 8:22 min/mile

Then I hit the stairs for my stair bounds - 10x, totaling a distance of .15 and 4:28 minutes

It freaking sucked balls man, nasty, sweaty, wretched balls  I felt sick to my stomach and could hardly get another breath of air... it just felt crappy.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

From the Internet.

Going, going, gone!

I finished almost all of my food for the day (until 6:00 when I get home) by 11:30 :C So starving!! I haven't even really done anything the last few days!