Beginners and Beyond

Vapid WednesDAILIES (Read 44 times)

No more marathons

Is anyone downloading their logs - just as a precaution for the change of servers this evening?

Not sure if I remember how to do that.

Time to do a little digging.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

bluerun

Super B****

Is anyone downloading their logs - just as a precaution for the change of servers this evening?

I'm not, because I only log in, like, three other places. 

The shoe mileage, though...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

Ha. I thought the same thing. If data is lost, I am screwed. I trust Eric 95%, but still. That would be a nice howdy-do to all the new people who joined for the game.

Dave

onemile

Ha. I thought the same thing. If data is lost, I am screwed. I trust Eric 95%, but still. That would be a nice howdy-do to all the new people who joined for the game.

Doesn't your log also sync to GarminConnect?

LRB

No to downloading my log. I'm trying to do less after work tonight, not more FFS.

DavePNW

That's ok...it's a cut back of sorts for me too.  We'll just lean on the young, excited, high mileage competitive noobs that were assigned to us.     (eta, seriously we've got four guys that look like frikkin animals)

My 2300 puts me at #6 on my team. There are 4 at 3000+, ffs. Where do these people come from?

Dave

DavePNW

No to downloading my log. I'm trying to do less after work tonight, not more FFS.

I thought you were going to say something along the lines that he would be doing you a favor if all your 2015 data were to disappear. 

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Since I have not run since Sunday, I missed the announcement.  I'll live.  I sure do not want to upload my data from TomTom again, and I hope all my runs make it so my shoe mileage is correct.  Oh, me, OCD.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What are we going to do with ourselves without RA for the night?  Waaahhhh.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

What are we going to do with ourselves without RA for the night?  Waaahhhh.

It's coming down at 9:00 EST ffs.  Isn't everybody in bed by then?

<3

LRB

I didn't even know that. Guess I need to get out more often!

bluerun

Super B****

Yes, but we need to be entertained somehow while we're trying to fall asleep.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

Doesn't your log also sync to GarminConnect?

Well my watch syncs with GC via bluetooth, which then flows into the RA log. But I only started doing that in June, I never used GC before thwt so it has no prior data. Is there a way to transfer RA history into GC? I assume I would then need to download RA history first anyway.

In other news, upon further investigation it appears the 5k I was planning to run on 1/9 does not have chip timing or any other kind of timing for that matter, and is only a "fun run".  FFS. People, can you please just put that in big letters on your website? There was nothing about timing in the FAQ section, but nothing saying there wasn't any; it seemed like a big race so I just assumed. Yesterday I went to their FB page; someone had posted asking if it was chip timed, the response was that there was no timing.

Anyway, gotta find another one now.

Dave

DavePNW

I would be, but that's 6:00 for me. We have been binge-watching The Americans anyway, so should be able to manage.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Eh?  I am barely finishing cooking dinner at that hour.

Damaris