Beginners and Beyond

It's Labor Day, MONDAILIES. Let's Labor. (Read 44 times)

cjones1

And why hasn't anyone mentioned food yet? Isn't Labor Day a day to picnic or barbecue?

You done did it now. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

LRB

Maybe my races have sucked this year because I haven't bought new outfits for them.

"If you look good you feel good. If you feel good you play good. If you play good they pay good."

Deion Sanders: Pro football/baseball player - The original fashion 'ho.

"When you look good, you feel good. Confidence with what you're wearing is very important. If you feel good, you will always perform your best without worrying about anything."

Maria Sharapova: Pro tennis player - Not quite on Deion's level but has the right idea. 

Of course some prefer the oldest, most worn garment in their closet and that is perfectly fine because it's the same principle; they feel good in it. And others couldn't be bothered with any of it, which is fine too.

#differentstrokesfordifferentfolks

onemile

"If you look good you feel good. If you feel good you play good. If you play good they pay good."

Deion Sanders: Pro football/baseball player - The original fashion 'ho.

"When you look good, you feel good. Confidence with what you're wearing is very important. If you feel good, you will always perform your best without worrying about anything."

Maria Sharapova: Pro tennis player - Not quite on Deion's level but has the right idea. 

Of course some prefer the oldest, most worn garment in their closet and that is perfectly fine because it's the same principle; they feel good in it. And others couldn't be bothered with any of it, which is fine too.

#differentstrokesfordifferentfolks

I believe that and I used to buy new stuff for my races but then there gets to be a point where you have so many clothes that it seems... impractical.

LRB

Went to the track to run while my club was doing their workout - a few other club members were also there just to run and not to do the workout, so I felt less like an outcast. 4.37 miles, felt good.

Coach agrees that my on-and-off shin aches are probably due to tight calves, will likely go see my PT this week to get her opinion, figure out a stretching routine, and maybe get a dry needling treatment. He also thinks I've been coming back very conservatively to this point and can afford to try to bump the mileage up a little more this week, so that was encouraging Smile I'll walk or walk/jog tomorrow depending on my shin/calf situation and maybe shoot for 5 miles Wednesday morning.

Great news!

Hi pretty face.

Hello Step.

Where the 10 done, or to be done CJ?

George although not your typical Labor Day fare, I mentioned pizza in my first post. Big grin

Hi D. Friday is often my off-day in the winter.

Kill that run Cy.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I believe that and I used to buy new stuff for my races but then there gets to be a point where you have so many clothes that it seems... impractical.

Gasp!

Damaris

LRB

True. So the question becomes do you need something new, or simply want something new. If it's the latter then problem solved; BUT THEM SHITS YO!

happylily

This is what I bought yesterday. And as pretty as I personally think it looks, I know it won't make an ounce of difference come race day. I'm still going to end up with another disappointing result. Oh well, at least I will look cool in my strappy cheetah like outfit. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

onemile

This is what I bought yesterday. And as pretty as I personally think it looks, I know it won't make an ounce of difference come race day. I'm still going to end up with another disappointing result. Oh well, at least I will look cool in my strappy cheetah like outfit. 

I almost bought the shorts with that print because they are on sale.

onemile

True. So the question becomes do you need something new, or simply want something new. If it's the latter then problem solved; BUT THEM SHITS YO!

Really, I should put on ebay some of the things I don't wear.

From the Internet.

I almost bought the shorts with that print because they are on sale.

I DIDN'T NEED TO KNOW THIS.

happylily

Me too.

One good thing about my running clothes, though, is that I can wear a lot of them at work. In that sense, it's not really an extravagance for me to buy so many pieces.

onemile

Me too.

One good thing about my running clothes, though, is that I can wear a lot of them at work. In that sense, it's not really an extravagance for me to buy so many pieces.

The good thing about lululemon is you can sell used shorts for 30-40 bucks.

LRB

Oh well, at least I will look cool in my strappy cheetah like outfit. 

You could wear the Cheetah top for speed, and another animal's bottom that is known for endurance, like an aardvark.

Problem solved.

happylily

The good thing about lululemon is you can sell used shorts for 30-40 bucks.

Yes, there is a crazy market going on there. As soon as they run out of a particularly hot item on their website, you can find it on Ebay, brand new, for two or three times the price. It's insane. I stay away from that.

LRB

I have a list 80 items for free offer from ebay sitting in my email inbox. I just don't wanna be bothered with the shit right now. It's time consuming.