Beginners and Beyond

Early Bird Penguin's WednesDAILY (Read 23 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

Just found out that my 2014 mileage team got bounced from the playoffs, which isn't surprising, all things considered.  We've lost the last 8 matchups, we have 4 members on IR and as a team, we're behind our goals by over 2k miles.  I think I'll sit out the game next year, since my own mileage is pretty piddly. 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Just found out that my 2014 mileage team got bounced from the playoffs, which isn't surprising, all things considered.  We've lost the last 8 matchups, we have 4 members on IR and as a team, we're behind our goals by over 2k miles.  I think I'll sit out the game next year, since my own mileage is pretty piddly. 

Request denied.

Damaris

hog4life

LOL at Damaris' comment to Hope!

Hope, wow, sorry you are still having issues with your knees. I remember you had it rough last year too.

Ginny, me and Bella mostly run the street for now. I use the right hand side, which is ordinarily a no-no, but since I keep her leash in my R hand, this allows her to run in the grass. I hope to get her onto some trails soon, seeing how I signed up for this little stage race(it's on trails).

Jack, I found a beginners Yoga book, I can't remember the name, but when I get home, I find it, and let you know. I started doing them, it only lasted about 2 weeks. I was trying to do it 3 days per week.

From the Internet.

Hi pens!

HopesMom I wish I could let you borrow my knees for a couple weeks - they're in good working condition and I'm not getting any use out of them right now.

Check out my sweet floater! I only jacked it from the website because I'm totally going to buy it in a couple weeks when I have money again Big grin

Singer who runs a smidge

Request denied.

Bwah hah hah!!!

Honestly, I'm thrilled with my knees right now.  I spent a long time in constant pain, hurting with every step.  Right now I'm in occasional discomfort and I'm pretty much walking with no pain at all.  It's been a really long time coming, but I'm worlds away better than I was.  Running?  Well, I'm not ready to push that button at this point.  It's all good.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Lauren, nice pic!!

obiebyke

Love it, Lauren!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

on my way to badass

Lauren -That pic is about as close to perfect as anyone can get !

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

Brilliant, glad you like them!

Feel better, Z.

Rach! I read the temps you put for Alaska.  I'm jealous (for now).  We are still shooting high 90s for heat indexes and humid as fuck!  How's the family?  All adapted to the cold?  Bailey?

I don't mind the temperatures right now, but it is only October. This is just the beginning. The family is doing good. Unfortunately Baylee is no longer with us. She passed away Sept. 9, 2013, from a tumor. We spotted the tumor on Friday and she was scheduled for surgery on the following Tuesday. The only problem was it grew too quickly and got into her lymph nodes. Instead of trying to prolong her life and possibly have her suffer, we decided it was time to say goodbye. The doctor informed us even if we did chemo, she would only live a month longer at best. It was time and she knew it.

After some time had passed we looked into adopting another. We traveled to California to adopt Leonard (Leo) because our house was too quiet without Baylee and Penny (our cat) walked around the house crying for her companion. He has been the best addition because Penny and Leo are the best of snuggle buddies!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

:-(  I did not know (even with FB)!  Yay for Leo!  I know what it's like to lose a pet suddenly.  They just go too quickly.

Damaris

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

Rach: What kind of yoga do you do? I have been considering it but I don't know how to get started. Do you use a DVD?

We have a yoga class here on base with a yoga instructor. I mainly use the moves I learned in that class and do them at home. I HIGHLY recommend yoga. I have a knee injury (bursitis) that comes and goes. When I do yoga it doesn't bother me nearly as much as when I don't do yoga. I wish I had a DVD or something to recommend, but I don't.

A good yogi to follow is Tara Stiles. You can YouTube her and she has some pretty good videos to follow.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We have a yoga class here on base with a yoga instructor. I mainly use the moves I learned in that class and do them at home. I HIGHLY recommend yoga. I have a knee injury (bursitis) that comes and goes. When I do yoga it doesn't bother me nearly as much as when I don't do yoga. I wish I had a DVD or something to recommend, but I don't.

A good yogi to follow is Tara Stiles. You can YouTube her and she has some pretty good videos to follow.

Have you tried Pilates?  That might help too.

Damaris

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

:-(  I did not know (even with FB)!  Yay for Leo!  I know what it's like to lose a pet suddenly.  They just go too quickly.

I didn't say much about her passing as it was too heartbreaking. She had a good life (11.5 yrs). The vet we took her to cremated her for us and took her paw prints and put them in a ceramic display. My brother-in-law made a nice urn for her. So now we have a shelf with her urn, some photos, and some of her favorite toys on display.

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

Have you tried Pilates?  That might help too.

I have not tried Pilates. Once I gave yoga a good try, I fell in love.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I didn't say much about her passing as it was too heartbreaking. She had a good life (11.5 yrs). The vet we took her to cremated her for us and took her paw prints and put them in a ceramic display. My brother-in-law made a nice urn for her. So now we have a shelf with her urn, some photos, and some of her favorite toys on display.

We did the same with Lily and Daisy.  We don't want any more displays like that in a long time.

Damaris