Beginners and Beyond

Is it Friday? (Read 39 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Why do I have the feeling that I'm the only idiot who will be in the office today?

8 AlterG miles.  Because I'd rather wish I'd run outside than wish I hadn't.  Which is what would happen if I slipped and fell and broke.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

I am trying to decide if I want to run my tempo run at lunch in 8 degrees, feels like -9 or save it for the treadmill this evening

RunningOnSand

It's -11F right now. REAL TEMP. -24F with windchill factor. WTF is wrong with this weather????? Why do I live here?! Sigh. 6 more TM miles are on tap for this morning. 

Onemile I'd be all over the TM, but I have an aversion to running when it's in the negatives.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 4 and weights this afternoon.  Leaving work at noon so hopefully we will be en route to Disney by 4pm.  #wishfulthinking

Damaris

5 miles.

Dave

oldfartrunner

Morning Runners,

I'm not sure what I'll do today?  Calves have been a little wonky this week. I think I'm pretty well at my limit for mileage and will have to dink with the schedule some to try and keep the 60 a week I'm going for (except taper and recovery weeks).

Good news! I got my Garmin Fore Runner 25 and took it out for a test walk around the hood. It does have a Lap Time/Lap Distance screen/feature, and it worked!  Loaded it up and it went to Garmin Connect and was there at RA, so good to go! For $88, it does what I need, and located before I got off the driveway!  I got two pairs of shoes coming this afternoon too, all for the price of a more expensive watch. Smile

Good luck this weekend Damaris! And good luck to all you running in the deep freeze!  ...I'd TM that Tempo run onemile. Tempo runs on the TM are better than long or intervals, IMO. You are not on there that long and you don't have to fiddle with the speed as much like an interval workout.

oldfartrunner

I am trying to decide if I want to run my tempo run at lunch in 8 degrees, feels like -9 or save it for the treadmill this evening

I heard it's so cold up in dairy country, they are taking extreme measures! Image result for funny treadmill pics

RunningOnSand

I heard it's so cold up in dairy country, they are taking extreme measures! Image result for funny treadmill pics

If only factory farmers treated their cows so well!

onemile

How did you find my picture?? 

delicate flower

-10 wind chill with 50 mph gusts?  Ahhahahahahahaha yeah I'll be treadmilling later today.  Looks like it'll finally start to "warm up" next week, just in time for MORE SNOW!  We got 13" yesterday.

I was going to do my treadmill run before work but I slept an extra hour instead.

<3

KCRuns

Happy Friday!  Today is a rest day.  I have a 10k tomorrow morning that promises to be freezing at 6*, feels like -11*, at race time.  They've already moved the start time an hour later because of the cold.  I've never bailed on a race before so I'm working on adjusting my attitude and just suck it up and go run.  It's not PR weather, so I guess this would count as one of my races to do just for fun .

oldfartrunner

How did you find my picture?? 

I'm sure your more of a fit bottom girl.

Image result for pictures of pretty girls on treadmills

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Docket and KCRuns - Good Luck this weekend!

Baboon - Yeah, it's crazy cold out there.  Stay warm.

OFR - I was wondering how long you could keep up those crazy miles.  Good to listen to to your body and make adjustments.

onemile - I'm with the others... TM.

ROS - I wonder when it gets that cold if it really matters anymore.  Numb is numb.  But yeah, that's crazy cold!

blue - I think your greatest hazard is commuting to/from work right now.  Good thing it's Friday.

Dave - I stayed up past midnight watching The Summit on Netflix last night.  All I could think about is that I'd sh*t my pants looking up at that monstrosity of a serac looming over my head.  Interesting story though.  I guess it's human nature to want to know exactly what happened in a tragedy, but the bottom line is that if you put your ass out there, it may not come back.  Nature of the game.

I'll go out and crunch a few miles of snow this evening.  Tried the new Brooks Caldera 2's last night, but I was slipping and sliding the whole way.  May go back to the Ghost 10's tonight b/c they're a little less stiff.  My snow shoes are in storage, so I can't use those.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Cyberic

13 miles in the snow, in the wind, in the cold... but I found $20 on the ground  Bet that won't happen to treadmill runners.

onemile

13 miles in the snow, in the wind, in the cold... but I found $20 on the ground  Bet that won't happen to treadmill runners.

You are so hardcore, but where were your tempo miles?