Beginners and Beyond

Is it Friday? (Read 39 times)

onemile

Oh how I wish I had an indoor track to run on. 

Mine is closed for the Olympic speed skating trials 

DavePNW

Mine is closed for the Olympic speed skating trials 

Couldn't they just do that outside?

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

A little over 6 in feels like .8. Wasn't bad when I wasn't going into the wind. Wind was brutal. There better be some damn good Lululemon shit from the Strava challenge. That's the only reason I went outside.

LRB

I've been taking pictures of my running trail, not running on my running trail. Like others have, apparently.

Runshortii

LRB - nice pictures!

i ran 4 with drills and 6 striders. Wind chill was -4. Wind chill is supposed to be above 0 tomorrow, yay.

onemile how many laps equals a mile at the Petitt anyway?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran my 4 outside at 1. It was nice enough for me not to burst on fire. Now on our way to Orlando. My body aches so I am hoping I am not getting sick!!

Damaris

Cyberic

LRB, it could/would have been a bit dispiriting to run there. Hard on the cardio, hard on the adductors and not very fast.

I would not have run there (unless needed, of course).

onemile

LRB - nice pictures!

i ran 4 with drills and 6 striders. Wind chill was -4. Wind chill is supposed to be above 0 tomorrow, yay.

onemile how many laps equals a mile at the Petitt anyway?

About 3.5

oldfartrunner

Couldn't they just do that outside?

They are wimps.

oldfartrunner

LRB, it could/would have been a bit dispiriting to run there. Hard on the cardio, hard on the adductors and not very fast.

I would not have run there (unless needed, of course).

I hate when the footprints get froze/thawed, and you twist a damn ankle. Sad Last Winter we had snow and about 8", I ran 8 in it and my AT was screwed up for about 2-3 months.... Nice pics, and smart choice to just walk.

GinnyinPA

Oh how I wish I had an indoor track to run on. The wind and cold encouraged me to turn back and finish with only 1.6 miles. The wind gusts had me literally running in place, and I mean literally, not the incorrect usage as a synonym for figuratively or virtually. All the snow blown back across the roads made the footing treacherous as well.

That's what it was like here yesterday. I felt like a mime, pretending to run against the wind, except it was real. Worse was when the wind was to my side and gusts were blowing me into traffic.

oldfartrunner

Ran my 4 outside at 1. It was nice enough for me not to burst on fire. Now on our way to Orlando. My body aches so I am hoping I am not getting sick!!

Mt. Dew and Krispy Kreme will fix you up.  Good luck!

Image result for krispy kreme picturesImage result for pictures of mountain dew

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Mt. Dew and Krispy Kreme will fix you up.  Good luck!

Image result for krispy kreme picturesImage result for pictures of mountain dew

Yes!  Mtn Dew already in the car and KK is already mapped!

Damaris

onemile

I've been taking pictures of my running trail, not running on my running trail. Like others have, apparently.

wow, we barely have any snow here and it doesn't look like we're going to get some anytime soon

sdWhiskers

Another SRD. I have 12 on the schedule tomorrow with some at HMP. Looking forward to getting out there after sunrise sans headlamp.

When I first started running about 10 years ago, I was in grad school in CT and used the indoor track at the university almost exclusively during the winter. Of course, then I would do races outside and would nearly die from the cold.