Beginners and Beyond

Is it Friday? (Read 39 times)

hog4life

I'm finally recovered a bit after working night shift, by sleeping 11 hours last night. I'll get out and run a little here this afternoon. Temps are much warmer than most of you(except Docket), so I wont torment you with the numbers.

I got in 5 miles.

LRB

wow, we barely have any snow here and it doesn't look like we're going to get some anytime soon

Yeah we got a ton of it on Christmas Eve, then about an inch every other day or so in-between the holidays.

I am not really complaining about the weather though, November was absolutely fabulous and 2017 as a whole was a cakewalk relatively speaking. We can handle these temps just fine.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I run the Williamsburg Bridge often.  I guess these guys had a better idea....

URD for me today.

LRB - Love those pics!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

DavePNW

Yeah we got a ton of it on Christmas Eve, then about an inch every other day or so in-between the holidays.

I am not really complaining about the weather though, November was absolutely fabulous and 2017 as a whole was a cakewalk relatively speaking. We can handle these temps just fine.

Still, I do not miss it the tiniest bit.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

$2200 gets you this:

<3

hog4life

$2200 gets you this:

Dumb question from someone in the south, what is that?

LRB

A sensory deprivation tank. It's the secret to his training prowess.

LRB

Still, I do not miss it the tiniest bit.

You cashed in at the right time brother. #winning

oldfartrunner

Got 5 more, now time to eat and watch "The Expendables 3".

Good luck to anyone racing or going long this weekend! ...Nice heating oil tank Baboon.

Baboon

delicate flower

It's an oil tank.  Apparently our old one was 30 years past it's recommended shelf life.

<3

DavePNW

Dumb question from someone in the south outside New England, what is that?

^really this.

Dave

onemile

Ended up choosing the treadmill.  8 miles with 5 miles progression from MP effort (not pace) cutting down 5-8 seconds per mile.

I started at 7:30, working down to 6:44  (7:07 avg)

hog4life

It's an oil tank.  Apparently our old one was 30 years past it's recommended shelf life.

Ok it has oil in it, lol. I seen one in my Aunt Sandi’s basement when I visited her in Suffield back in 2006. I never asked what it was for. This is definitely not something I’m familiar with. Do I have to move to New England to learn about them?

Cyberic

Ok it has oil in it, lol. I seen one in my Aunt Sandi’s basement when I visited her in Suffield back in 2006. I never asked what it was for. This is definitely not something I’m familiar with. Do I have to move to New England to learn about them?

Or to Canada. I don't know the percentage of houses with an oil tank, but it's gotta be pretty high. Most houses with a chimney are oil heated.

We got rid of ours about 10 years ago. Switched to electricity.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

That's what we had in the Chicago suburbs until we converted to gas in the late '50s.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                                      06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.