Beginners and Beyond

3.14.15 Let's celebrate Pi Day Saturdailies! (Read 54 times)

Hip Redux

Whatcha up to?

Not up to anything. Just up, for 3 hrs already. Gdmn insomnia. And my knee is sore. Wah wah wah.

MTA: I would like some pie though. Pi day is also Albert Einstein's birthday.

Dave

Cyberic

Gonna eat breakfast and later I am going to run while DD is at her soccer practice.

Hip Redux

AFM, I am about to drive an hour to go run in a circle for 3.14 miles at 9am (get it, 3.14159?) in the freezing rain.  

Cyberic

AFM, I am about to drive an hour to go run in a circle for 3.14 miles at 9am (get it, 3.14159?) in the freezing rain.  

And then eat 3 14 inch pies I presume?

LRB

And then eat 3 14 inch pies I presume?

Baked at 314 degrees of course.

Cyberic

And if you manage to eat all 3, LRB, I will call you Sir. Sir Comference coz of what your tummy is gonna look like

LRB

And if you manage to eat all 3, LRB, I will call you Sir. Sir Comference coz of what your tummy is gonna look like

Well I better go run first before I get too far ahead of myself.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

What up all?

The rain is supposed to finally let up later this morning, then we shouldn't see rain until next Wednesday which will supposedly only be AM drizzles on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.... so they say. I hope they're right, because a few more days of this and parts of Southern Indiana are going to be underwater, as will parts of Northern Kentucky, it's going to be like the city of Atlantis 

I've got plans to run around 20 minutes or 2 miles with Dorian and Rocky later today, hopefully Dorian still fits in the stroller.... guess we'll find out.

This morning I was up at 4 AM and headed to the gym for 1 hour and 30 minutes of circuits, focusing mainly on the back.

Wide Grip Lat Pull Down: 50lbsX20reps, 60lbsX12reps, 50lbsX20reps, 60lbsX12reps, 50lbsX15reps, 60lbsX12reps
                    Torso Rotation: 50lbsX12reps, 60lbsX12reps, 60lbsX12reps, 55lbsX12reps, 60lbsX12reps, 55lbsX12reps
                    Underhand Seated Cable Row: 50lbsX15reps, 60lbsX8reps, 56.2lbsX12reps, 50lbsX12reps, 60lbsX10reps, 56.2lbsX12reps
                    Hip Abductors: 6 sets/ 15 reps/ 35 lbs
                    One Arm Bent Over Dumbbell Row: 27.5lbsX12reps, 30lbsX12reps, 27.5lbsX12reps, 3 sets/ 12 reps/ 30 lbs
                    Rear Delt: 35lbsX12reps, 40lbsX12reps, 45lbsX8reps, 35lbsX12reps, 40lbsX12reps, 45lbsX8reps
                    Standing Calf Raises: 3 sets/ 12 reps/ 30 lbs, 3 sets/ 12 reps/ 35 lbs
                    Parallel Grip Lat Pull Down: 50lbsX18reps, 60lbsX12reps, 50lbsX18reps, 60lbsX12reps, 50lbsX18reps, 60lbsX12reps
                    Seated Cable Row: 3 sets/ 12reps/ 56.2 lbs, 2 sets/ 12 reps/ 50 lbs, 1 set/ 8 reps/ 60 lbs

Topped it off with another 5 sets of the:
                    One Arm Bent Over Dumbbell Row: 3 sets/ 12 reps/ 30 lbs, 2 sets/ 10 reps/ 35 lbs

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning!

Since cheesecake is cut like a pie, I can celebrate Pi day with cheesecake, right? 

There might be some running today, might not, who knows.

From yesterday:

D2: I have become a fan of Saucony as well. I just ran a HM in the Virrata, have used the Kinvaras for fast stuff, and I have a pair of Guide 7 under my bed waiting their turn. I think with my injury trouble I need a pair of neutral shoes that offer some extra cushion... maybe a neutral on steroids?  Can you, or anyone, recommend anything?

Their new Iso series are all neutral shoes.  The Triumph is the most cushioned (and the heaviest, in the 10oz range), then the Zealot, then the Breakthru (both about the same weight, 8oz range).  The Triumph and Breakthru are both 8mm drop, while the Zealot is 4mm drop.  They all seem to be really good shoes.  I went for the Zealot because I prefer the lower drop and I wanted less weight than the Triumph 11s I have (the Triumph Iso is basically the Triumph 12).

Oh, and the Virratas have been discontinued, if you like them, might want to pick up some extras.  They're on liquidation at RW.  I'm not really sure how they didn't sell well, I love them, great lightweight shoe with enough cushion for a marathon.  Guess people didn't like the zero drop.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

StepbyStep-SH

Since I saw that Lily correctly identified yesterday as my surgery date, I thought I would pop in with an update:

Surgery itself went well and they were able to clean up the torn medial meniscus as planned, along with also cleaning up a previously unnoticed lateral meniscus tear. They also looked over the ACL while they had the camera in there, and the news from that isn't as good - it is basically hanging on by a thread. I'm not sure yet what the implications of that will be - it may mean I need to cut back or greatly modify trail running (downhills aren't good on a knee with no ACL). And they also found the beginnings of arthritis.

I feel pretty good today - only taken a couple of the painkillers, and that as a pre-emptive measure to stay ahead of any pain. I haven't had to use the crutches we brought home yet, either.

I plan to spend most of the day with my leg up and ice on the knee (though I'm not sure how the cold gets to it through a half-inch of the biggest ACE bandage I've ever seen).

With luck, in a few weeks, I'll be posting run/walks in the dailies again.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Better yet at 9:26 -----> 3.1415926

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  6.15 miles done with hubby.  Now I want cheesecake, thank you, D2!

FE dinner with some of the ladies of the RWOL Daily Runner group tonight.

Damaris

From the Internet.

WHAT EVEN JUST HAPPENED. 10 miles done in the rain with the last 5.5 ish at MP. Took me a little bit to find my groove but the last 3 miles were 8:50, 8:51, 8:48. 8s! And they felt GOOD! And I could speak in sentences while running that pace!

B-Plus

Gonna go spectate a race in the pissing rain FFS. 10 miles after that.