Beginners and Beyond

How is it only TuesDAILIES (Read 40 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yes!  I have heard it's a fun race.  Where is it?

Evansville, In.

At Angel Mounds, we run the trails, a 5k loop.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

This.  Everybody is different.  My first winter running I ran outside every time no matter what the weather was like and I made some important discoveries about myself and what I think it worth it vs what conditions are just stupid.  I'll be curious to watch your running this winter and see what you decide is worth it for you.

Yeap.  I am curious too!

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Today's work distraction is my looking for a hotel for the NYC Marathon.  Holy balls are NYC hotels expensive.     With any luck I won't get into the race and won't have to spend the money.  I do have access to a slight insider deal, so there is that.

<3

Cyberic

Eric - burrow = borough - same pronunciation though

D - usually homeowners and businesses are responsible for snow removal on sidewalks in front of their property. That goes for salting too. Some places give owners 24 hours to remove snow or face a fine, but often they don't enforce that. If there are a lot of vacant properties or municipally owned ones, sidewalks can be a real mess. I won't run in town when there has been snow. I'm better off in the suburbs where I can run in the street.

Ha! Thanks!

Here the city (or rather the boroughs) are responsible for the sidewalks. It would be mayhem if everyone was responsible for their little bit 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Today's work distraction is my looking for a hotel for the NYC Marathon.  Holy balls are NYC hotels expensive.     With any luck I won't get into the race and won't have to spend the money.  I do have access to a slight insider deal, so there is that.

I remember my first year for the NYCM.  I called and asked two hotels for their government rates. She said $586/night.  I was like and the government rate?  $586/night.   OK, then...

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ha! Thanks!

Here the city (or rather the boroughs) are responsible for the sidewalks. It would be mayhem if everyone was responsible for their little bit 

In here it depends what the HOA covers but most HOAs that cover removal cover snow removal of rows. Having said that, I've heard of friends of mine in IL and IN where the HOA covers sidewalk snow removal as well.  That would be nice.

Damaris

KCRuns

Ha! Thanks!

Yes, yes it is

bluerun

Super B****

But we're always expensive, we don't just get expensive for the marathon! (Can you tell I'm mad at the Boston price gouging??)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

sdWhiskers

I think the same thing about dog poop removal. Many owners can't be bothered by it. I almost wish there was some group responsible to clean it all up routinely from public walkways.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think the same thing about dog poop removal. Many owners can't be bothered by it. I almost wish there was some group responsible to clean it all up routinely from public walkways.

There is no money in the world that would make that job worthwhile.

Damaris

Hey daffy duck, how hilly is it it around Lake Accotink? I'm debating a half there.

Cool!  Most races run along the east side on the Cross County Trail, there is only a half mile of bumpy section, I ran over it four times this, morning as part my 8, it’s  gentle.  The rest of the Cross County Trail is stream grade, mostly very slight stream grade.

west side has a real hill, and a really steep pitch short hill at the dam  but it depend If you run clockwise or counter clockwise.

what race?

found an elevation chart, the right side is the East side, it’s running the loop clockwise, starts up the steep pitch dam hill then a climb..

I .always run counter clockwise with a one good hill ( I do an excursion to make the hill a little milder and adds about .25mi)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Daffy duck, Holiday half on 12/8. All depends on what's going on with my in laws

DavePNW

8 miles with 10 strides. A pretty zippy pace again, legs just feeling really fresh.

MTA: of course, in mid-40s drizzle.

Dave

onemile

I ran 12 with 4x2km (6:26avg pace) with 2 min recoveries + 2 x 400m (1:28, 1:27).

onemile

There is no money in the world that would make that job worthwhile.

I think I'd rather do this than my job. If they paid the same 

Outside, walking around, not sitting at a stupid desk. Not dealing with people.