Beginners and Beyond

Calm & Quiet SunDAILIES (Read 32 times)

LRB

My copacer (URP) finished in 3:36:39

That is hilarious!

And geez louize, I guess RRP figured out his training after all!

LRB

Never had a chimney before!

Where'd you hang your stockings with care?

Cyberic

Beautiful day for running. I finished in 3:39:20. My copacer (URP) finished in 3:36:39  and RRP ran a 2:57:38!!

Who were the runners running with? You or URP? This is confusing. How can you be copacers and not finish hand in hand?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We don’t hang stockings down there but when parents wanted to do that for kids they used a wall.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice job, onemile. And wow.

Damaris

LRB

Who were the runners running with? You or URP? This is confusing. How can you be copacers and not finish hand in hand?

Nice run. I needed recoveries to run that pace.

onemile

We were running together until just before mile 10 and then he got ahead of me at an aid station and I was slightly behind him but then he kept speeding up and I was already a good 40 seconds ahead of goal pace so I could hardly book it to catch up.  So we both had a group of runners with us. I had people with me until mile 25ish

onemile

And geez louize, I guess RRP figured out his training after all!

I think he didn't taper enough for the last one and was overcooked on race day. He also lost 15lb.

LRB

I think he didn't taper enough for the last one and was overcooked on race day. He also lost 15lb.

How are you feeling? Just another long run?

onemile

How are you feeling? Just another long run?

Aerobically and energy wise it felt like an easy effort (146 avg heart rate)  but my legs still feel like I ran a marathon.   Last year I was surprised at how much it felt like I had run a marathon.  This year I was expecting it. But the recovery is wayyy easier

Cyberic

We were running together until just before mile 10 and then he got ahead of me at an aid station and I was slightly behind him but then he kept speeding up and I was already a good 40 seconds ahead of goal pace so I could hardly book it to catch up.  So we both had a group of runners with us. I had people with me until mile 25ish

Makes sense.

Cyberic

A point to point marathon, overall a little downhill. Does it feel easier? Because Boston is a point to point, with a net downhill, and it didn't feel any easier to me.

DavePNW

I finished in 3:39:20.  

Nice job!

I was thinking about 16 today, but it seemed like everyone was doing 18 this weekend. So I did that, because I wanted to be one of the cool kids.

64.5 for the week.

Dave

onemile

A point to point marathon, overall a little downhill. Does it feel easier? Because Boston is a point to point, with a net downhill, and it didn't feel any easier to me.

Most of the net downhill comes in mile 23ish where you head down to the lakefront (it's maybe 100 feet drop).  The other down stretch is like mile 1 but it's not a big drop.  Otherwise the course is flat with a couple gentle rolling hills. I don't think it feels easier than a flat course, especially because it is always windy in the last 3 miles along the lake.

Cyberic

My Garmin keeps auto detecting my Lactate Threshold pace  much worse than last year, which was worse than two years ago . Maybe my HM time wasn't a fluke after all, and my fitness is on the downhill.

MTA: I should get my Stryd in the mail this week. Maybe I'll be able to get some reliable numbers out of that thing.