Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #16 (Read 37 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nope. Safari on iPhone/iPad. My iPad can only connect via wifi. On the phone, it does not load on wifi, but I turn off wifi and it loads just fine. Weird. The google is of little help, and only suggest things like changing my DNS server which is way above my pay grade.

And the wifi is not having issues? I'm out of ideas. That's the extent of my expertise, lol.

Hope you get it solved.

Damaris

DavePNW

And the wifi is not having issues? I'm out of ideas. That's the extent of my expertise, lol.

Hope you get it solved.

Yeah no issues with the wifi for other websites, apps, streaming TV, etc.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Maybe Eric is doing some changes (although normally I would have issues with both and not only one).

Damaris

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Easy 3.8 today.  really tired legs after yesterday's "longest run in a while." Our dog decided to throw up at about 3:30 this morning so sleep wasn't so good.  If she wasn't such a cute pup...

Today really feels like it should be Friday.  Can't wait for the 3 day weekend although I may have to work a few hours one of the days.  I think every month should have at least on 3 day weekend. Normally we go skiing on MLK weekend but this year is freshman year at high school for my daughter (is proper shorthand "DD"?) and she has mid-terms next week so, we'll be doing study/stress support, at home, instead.   Hopefully, it means I can get in a good run or two, if my legs recover!

Houston weather sounds about perfect!

onemile

8 miles with 4 x 200/200 jog, 2 x 1 mi with 1 min rest, 4 x 200/200 jog

Oof. I didn't think I could do this, but I did. Including the final set of 200s. "what doesn't kill me makes me stronger...."

Meetings today 8:15-3pm

looks like a good workout!

sdWhiskers

Did you turn it off/on? (router, iPad, etc). That's all I know

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL. At home I do have to turn wifi off every so often when pages don't load properly. And...it works!

Damaris

sdWhiskers

Looks like you did the full mile. I have typically gone with Daniel's modification of 6 minutes at T.

I'm actually glad that I didn't know about that modification beforehand. Ha!

DavePNW

Ha yes. You could get a job in IT tech support.  How’s your Windows 10 doing? 

MTA: posted in the tech support forum.

MTA2: maybe I should try clearing my browser history; that’s the other thing IT tech support would tell me.

Dave

LRB

their forecast is slightly cooler than most but overall things are looking pretty good. upper 40's to low 50s for race time. I can work with this!

I believe it was 2012 when the Olympic trials were held there and I thought it would be so cool to run with all those elites on the course. I had Houston pencilled in on my short list of marathons and then of course they moved the trials to LA...

Anyway, the elite field for this weekend is absolutely loaded with world class runners racing both the half marathon and marathon. 9 men have sub-60 half marathon times and a crap ton of others will be vying for Olympic qualifiers. Not to mention all of the elites who have already run OTQs who are training through the event. Shit, you might have to run with a sharpie and autograph book. lol

DavePNW

I believe it was 2012 when the Olympic trials were held there and I thought it would be so cool to run with all those elites on the course. I had Houston pencilled in on my short list of marathons and then of course they moved the trials to LA...

Where it was probably blazing hot.

Dave

DavePNW

Anyway, the elite field for this weekend is absolutely loaded with world class runners racing both the half marathon and marathon. 9 men have sub-60 half marathon times and a crap ton of others will be vying for Olympic qualifiers. Not to mention all of the elites who have already run OTQs who are training through the event. Shit, you might have to run with a sharpie and autograph book. lol

After this race, we’ll all be wanting onemile’s autograph.

Dave

LRB

Where it was probably blazing hot.

Yes. I believe it was moved up from March to February to counter the potential heat and the running gods laughed their collective asses off then set it on fire.

onemile

yeah, I almost wish I could watch it instead of run it!  but I am totally excited to run it too!

LRB

Lots of desks here that are sit/stand but I only ever see a few people use them regularly. To be fair, lots of us work in the lab so are walking around quite a bit. I haven't measured in a while (I do not wear my garmin as a regular watch) but I've definitely clocked 3 miles walking around during a work day before.

This is one of those variables that rarely gets a single gram of thought but usually has a major effect on race or workout performance.