Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: So easy, a cave man can do it (Read 45 times)

LRB

Hi.

Off to run.

Bye!

Hi, everyone!

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. Have a great run.

I did 3.0 miles in 40:33. Everything was done at a 1.0 incline. 10:00 at 3.7mph (16:12), followed by 5x2:00 at 6.6mph (9:05)/1:00 at 3.7 mph and 15:33 at 3.7 mph.

After the TM, I hit the stairmill for thirty minutes at level seven. I stopped after 8:38. I'm running on half an hour of sleep.

I'll do half an hour of brisk walking on a 7.0 incline when I get home tonight.

The wedding was a blast. It was worth the exhaustion I'm feeling right nowSmile

delicate flower

HELLO!  lmao

I ran my double yesterday.  Not a lot of volume...11 miles total.  The evening run kind of sucked due to conditions.  It was dark (I did have lights, though I normally run in daylight), the roads were slick, there was no shoulder due to snow and still lots of packed snow on the roads, and it seemed like every damn car in town was on the roads.  I spent way too much of the run running in snow on the shoulders.  I would have driven to the gym and treadmilled had I known all that.  But, I got it done.

60 minutes easy to do later today.  Looking forward to tomorrow's first speed session of this cycle.

<3

SRD

Dave

I ran 9 with 12x400 at 6:27 with 90 second recoveries.  

onemile - impressive! Is this your target 5k pace?

Dave

B-Plus

Trying to head out for 6. Snoozed for 30 min, so we'll see.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I ended up going to Fort Sam Houston and did hills...3.8 miles of hills - and these ain't baby hills either!  6 uphills and 3 downhills.   It was QUITE wet and rained on me the whole way.   At one point, I had a funny moment.  I'd just crested one of the hills and had come to a stop sign and there was this Army major sitting in his vehicle at the stop sign, and he had a canoe tied to the top of his SUV.  I walked over and tapped on his window and he rolled it down, and I said to him, "Jeez, Major, just how much rain are you expecting today?"  At which he laughed out loud and said "Thanks very much, I was having a bit of a bad work day and I needed a laugh!"  Glad I could help! I was quite soaked when I got back to the gym and the post-run hot shower felt GREAT.  I actually felt much better after that, so maybe I ran some of the crud out of me.   Got back home and took a short nap too, and that seemed to help also.  Back to work tomorrow.

Well, I am back at work this morning but only for a half-day.  I did go to the doctor and apparently I have some type of non-contagious virus crud. The doc did give me some type of 'booster' shot and also I got this 'pnuemonia vaccination - apparently when you're over 60, you are at greater risk - and then he sent me home, telling me I'd probably feel a bit tired and then start feeling like my old self about Thursday, this stuff just has to run its course.  Boy, was he right.  After I got home yesterday, between napping and going to bed early, I must've slept about 15 hours!  I'm at work today but only for another half-day per his instructions and then on home.  After work, I may just go out and try to get a VERY short run in, or at least a bit of a walk, just to do something...that seems to help me nap better, lol.

Crazy traffic this morning - 15 car pileup in San Antonio!  I was heading right for that area but luckily heard about it on the radio, so diverted and avoided it by using back roads to get to work.

Oh, if you missed it yesterday, here is my running photo from the 7K I did on Sunday.  A friend took this of me on the course.  What good form, huh?

Someone asked about those railroad tracks in that photo that 'go nowhere', lol.  Before this community was built,there was a big quarry in that area, and the tracks were for the small train at the quarry that moved rocks, debris, etc.

B-Plus...nice Bling photo there yesterday, congratulations!

Step...wow, that is a HUGE driveway you have there!  How long does it take to get all the snow removed from that thing?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

HELLO!  lmao

I ran my double yesterday.  Not a lot of volume...11 miles total.  The evening run kind of sucked due to conditions.  It was dark (I did have lights, though I normally run in daylight), the roads were slick, there was no shoulder due to snow and still lots of packed snow on the roads, and it seemed like every damn car in town was on the roads.  I spent way too much of the run running in snow on the shoulders.  I would have driven to the gym and treadmilled had I known all that.  But, I got it done.

60 minutes easy to do later today.  Looking forward to tomorrow's first speed session of this cycle.

Dang, Baboon, you should earn 'extra credit' for a run like that!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 9 with 5 at faster than MP tonight.  I barely slept a wink last night.

Damaris

onemile

onemile - impressive! Is this your target 5k pace?

I don't know. I plugged my half marathon time into McMillan and he gave me 6:34 as 5k pace. So I made it one step harder (because that's what I do ).  It felt harder on my legs than it did aerobically.

The fun part was I programmed this into my Garmin and the last time I did this workout, I had it set for a target pace of 7:05-7:15.  Kinda cool.

Zelanie

I successfully ran my first post-marathon track workout last night!  (Unless you count the 4 x 400 I did on the TM, or the 4 x 400 that I tried to do outside and gave up after 100m).  I'm happy to say it felt pretty much like normal.  I ran with my friend who was running the 8 x 600 Hanson's workout, so not a bad place to start.  I took it easy on pace, but the important thing was that I got it done.

cjones1

Supposed to do an easy 4 today, and my 8m faster run tomorrow.  Looked at the weather and the 20 degree drop in temperature from today to tomorrow helped me decide to switch those around, so 8m with 4 @ 10k pace with a sweet cinnamon crunch bagel waiting for me when I was done.  Now 4 easy tomorrow.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Hi dailies:

Rick - heat wave today, did you wear shorts?

Basya - 7.0, bring a parachute just in case

Baboon - it was dark at night?  WTF.

DaveP - hi

B+ - snooze = looze?

Scotty - glad no one needed a canoe for their commute

D - enjoy the faster miles

I'm going to do some outside miles this morning (gasp!) and then head down to the Y later.

The plow got my mailbox for the 3rd time this winter, so the idea below is going to be a summer project.  But, with the box housed in a 1/6 keg or something nearly as indestructible instead of a pretty log cabin decor that will get smashed to bits.

LRB

lol - that's a pretty good idea Jay!

Cyberic

Did 55 minutes on the TM, at steady pace (7.2 MPH) but playing around with incline. It made time go by faster, but I was drenched at the end. I was hoping I wouldn't cross anyone in the elevator going back to my room. I didn't.

Last day in Seattle. Flying back tomorrow morning. Time to party? Meh, my party years are mostly behind me. A few craft beers before I go? You bet!