Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: So easy, a cave man can do it (Read 45 times)

Phil, great double yesterday. Have an amazing hour tonight.

DaveP MI, have a relaxing and refreshing SRD.

B-Plus, have a sweet six-miler.

scottydawg, I’m glad that you’re doing better today. Great job showing the hills who’s boss. Enjoy that beautiful weather for me.

Damaris, have a wonderful run tonight.

Zelanie, amazing track workout.

cjones1, excellent eight.

Jay, that’s a cool mailbox.

Cyberic99, awesome TM run. Enjoy your last day in Seattle.

Rick, have fun red cording. I hope that lunch is yummy.

Ric-G, bravo on the six last night. Have a great day.

Shari, excellent pool workout.

Shari, fantastic 4.2. Great workout.

Marjorie, wonderful 5.1.

No TM for me tonight. I didn’t return from Brooklyn until 3:30 this morning. I was up at 4:30 to go to the gym. Just ab work after my weekly sewing club meetup tonight. I’m crashing.

LRB

My red cord session was awesome.  In terms of core strength and balance I am leaps and bounds of where I was when I first went there last May.

My right side is lights out strong (which is odd because I am left-handed), I am just hoping to someday get the left to match.  If I ever do, watch out!

LRB

I hope that lunch is yummy.

It was. I must have been wearing the favorite color of the girl who made it because she loaded my bowl up! 

LRB

I don't know.  I only get my plan a week at a time.

It's unlikely. Most MRT plans go between 400 and 800 meters for 5k intervals.

You'll have the whole summer to incinerate your lungs doing them so no biggie.

onemile

It's unlikely. Most MRT plans go between 400 and 800 meters for 5k intervals.

You'll have the whole summer to incinerate your lungs doing them so no biggie.

I'm not exactly MRT.  Or at least, that's not what I intended to be doing...but I don't have a goal race right now.  I kind of just want to generally get faster.  

With Hansons, I did 1k's, 1200m, 1600m, and a ladder combo.  But I never could run the paces in a race that I could for the intervals.

LRB

With Hansons, I did 1k's, 1200m, 1600m, and a ladder combo.  But I never could run the paces in a race that I could for the intervals.

You will this year.

From the Internet.

Afternoon dailies!

Went to PT this morning, did a bunch of exercises to strengthen and/or activate my glutes and had my first dry needling treatment - didn't hurt, but the muscle contractions that happen from the sore/tight spots being poked with needles feel super weird. The muscles involved are a little sore now, which she warned me usually happens, but I did 3 miles on the treadmill at the gym a little while ago and I feel like I have a whole new left leg once I get moving. A++ would definitely get poked with needles again Smile

onemile

You will this year.

I am not so confident.  I'd almost rather run a 1:32 half anyway.

onemile

Went to PT this morning, did a bunch of exercises to strengthen and/or activate my glutes and had my first dry needling treatment - didn't hurt, but the muscle contractions that happen from the sore/tight spots being poked with needles feel super weird. The muscles involved are a little sore now, which she warned me usually happens, but I did 3 miles on the treadmill at the gym a little while ago and I feel like I have a whole new left leg once I get moving. A++ would definitely get poked with needles again Smile

That sounds promising.

DavePNW

Me neither. Maybe I should try running races on days that don't have blizzards. 

Dave

onemile

Me neither. Maybe I should try running races on days that don't have blizzards. 

This is why I didn't bother to plan any races this winter. Last winter I did a 5k series and got my fill of that shit.

DavePNW

This is why Spring marathons are dumb 

FYP.

MTA: last spring I did a marathon but didn't bother planning any races leading up to it. Had all kind of grand ideas for reasonably spaced 5k, 10k & HM this time around. So far, one epic fail, two to go.

Dave

LRB

I am not so confident.  I'd almost rather run a 1:32 half anyway.

Running a 5k at or faster than your VDOT will get you there much sooner...or a 10k if you want to compromise.

LRB

Afternoon dailies!

What is dry needling?

From the Internet.

LRB - it's a way of releasing trigger points by poking into them with a needle, pretty much.