Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdailies- Don't call it a comeback. (Read 42 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

Winter biking sucks about 95% of the time, so I've been trying to jog a little again.    After way too many weeks of no exercise, 3-4 miles of slow plodding is a treat.   I've almost ran enough this month (5 times for about 17 miles), to consider myself a runner again.  As a runner, I get to post on an official running forum, so my miles count Smile.    I'm going to try to keep at it; running a couple days a week this summer and biking the rest.  I'll let my left foot decide the reality of that plan.

TLDR  -  I ran 4.5 this morning.  It's 65F with wind gusts hitting 30 mph, so the run vs ride decision was easy.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

PleasantRidge! Glad you are back on your moving feet. Hopefully things will continue to improve for you.

Rained all day yesterday and forecast said that today was going to be the same, but during my commute there was a break in the rain, and even some blue sky visible between thin clouds. 41*F, skies somewhat clear, asphalt for the whole run, barely any wind. Perfect!

delicate flower

Ridge!  Nice to have you back!

Good morning to the rest of you!  I got up early and hit the local high school track.  Apparently that is a thing here, because there were about 20 other people there chasing their tails.  I did 4 miles with a bunch of pickups...no structured workout or anything.  I was soaking wet when I finished, because it's warm and muggy here.  Now I can rest my legs for my HM Saturday.  Dinner tonight with one of my BFF's from home...he just happens to be in Atlanta for work this week too.  Go figure!

ETA:  There are nine other people on my Strava activity this morning.  Big grin  I am used to seeing none on my track workouts.

<3

onemile

Hi PR! Good to see you!

onemile

I was soaking wet when I finished, because it's warm and muggy here.  Now I can rest my legs for my HM Saturday.  

Will your HM be warm and muggy too?

delicate flower

Will your HM be warm and muggy too?

Yes but not as bad.  Having a week to acclimate a little will help.  Oddly enough the HM I would have done if I was home will only be about 10 degrees cooler, but with 800' more elevation gain.  So it's probably a wash.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Hi Pleasant Ridge! How's the hip?

onemile

so my injured leg seems to be feeling mostly good now but my lower back/it bands have been getting incredibly tight when I try to run. I did some stretching/foam rolling after my run last night but I don't know what the deal is. It's on both sides, not just one so I don't think it's due to compensating for the injured side.

onemile

Hi Pleasant Ridge! How's the foot hip ?

Welcome back PR! Your dreams were your ticket out.

11 miles at 25 degrees. Possibly the coldest I've ever run in around here. Ha.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

so my injured leg seems to be feeling mostly good now but my lower back/it bands have been getting incredibly tight when I try to run. I did some stretching/foam rolling after my run last night but I don't know what the deal is. It's on both sides, not just one so I don't think it's due to compensating for the injured side.

Maybe not overcompensating per se but compensating for the injury by working harder than normal?  Can you do some yoga classes this week?  If you see a Pilates one take it.

PR!  Glad to see you here!

I have 8 miles and weights tonight.

Damaris

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Thanks for the welcoming  and Hi back to everyone.

The hip is a non-issue.  The foot is always there, but the running hasn't seemed to aggravate it.  Give me a little while, I'll find the limit Smile.

Runner with a riding problem.

RunningOnSand

Thanks for the welcoming  and Hi back to everyone.

The hip is a non-issue.  The foot is always there, but the running hasn't seemed to aggravate it.  Give me a little while, I'll find the limit Smile.

Hi! i'm new here, but am always happy to see a "new" (to me) poster here!

Easy 5 on the belt this morning, as we are also experiencing colder-than-usual temps this morning (plus ice!).

zzyzx

abs shoulder and triceps

Exercise bike 30 minutes level 13 10.25 miles. Not bad.

sdWhiskers

PR: Hi and welcome back! I'm also a newbie on here.

Winter has returned with a vengeance! San Diegans are not used to weather in the 30s and 40s...third day in a row we won't hit the 60's.

I have strength training after work with my trainer. Undecided about running today since this is a cutback week.