Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdailies - Is this thing on? (Read 34 times)

Cyberic

Yesterday during my run I got dive bombed by a red winged blackbird. Claws in my hair and I knocked my visor off swinging my arms around to chase him off. So as I was going to get it and put it back on my head the bird(s) kept trying to swoop down on me until I finally just ran away.  . This morning I was afraid to run past them so I stayed on the other side of the road and managed to not get attacked.

Geez-es

Cyberic

I did just order a Garmin 230 this am. 

I won't tell Docket_Rocket, but you'll like the Garmin. My co-worker had a TomTom, and is really glad he switched to Garmin (he has a 235).

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I won't tell Docket_Rocket, but you'll like the Garmin. My co-worker had a TomTom, and is really glad he switched to Garmin (he has a 235).

LOL, I have three Garmins and I use them every so often.  Still glad I switched to TomTom.  For TM running, there is none better at the mileage there.

Damaris

LRB

Thanks LRB. Yeah i get all that. I just never knew that watches had a “lap” button. My Tomtom really stinks. I use a timex currently for all my intervals. I did just order a Garmin 230 this am. 

Oh.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Yesterday during my run I got dive bombed by a red winged blackbird. Claws in my hair and I knocked my visor off swinging my arms around to chase him off. So as I was going to get it and put it back on my head the bird(s) kept trying to swoop down on me until I finally just ran away.  . This morning I was afraid to run past them so I stayed on the other side of the road and managed to not get attacked.

Definitely worse than being hissed at by a sewer-dwelling raccoon.  I'm glad you (apparently) got away unhurt, though I can understand it must have been a stressful time.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

From the Internet.

I'm down to 3 sick days left; just 8 more teaching days (7 if I take another day off next week) and 3 days of finals between me and summer and finding another job!

Got in a good hour on the bike today, about to have a nap, then track practice at 5:45. Miles and 800s on tap.

sdWhiskers

Today is one of the Top 5 work days of the year at my company. We find out our yearly Bonus amount! It gets paid out next week which also makes a Top 5 work day.

This, plus the fact that I am finally done paying daycare next month makes me very happy!

KCRuns

Today is one of the Top 5 work days of the year at my company. We find out our yearly Bonus amount! It gets paid out next week which also makes a Top 5 work day.

This, plus the fact that I am finally done paying daycare next month makes me very happy!

Those are important days!  What are the other 3 Top 5 days?

sdWhiskers

Those are important days!  What are the other 3 Top 5 days?

The day our annual "stock program" pays out in July is another great one. Then our site closes Christmas to New years so I'd put the day before that break as another top day. And our summer picnic probably rounds out the list

One mile- Wow that must have been scary

Damaris- No way. Lol. I still don’t like the watch 

Eric- Oops the one I ordered is a 235.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Cyberic

One mile- Wow that must have been scary

Damaris- No way. Lol. I still don’t like the watch 

Eric- Oops the one I ordered is a 235.

They are the same watch, except for the wrist HRM on the 235.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Late check in - got to play in a golf outing at work today which was very enjoyable. I'd love to get to play more golf than I do, but running time really gets in the way. Last night was a nice shortish run, and tonight is the usual group run. I'd like to do some extra miles, but I'll have to see how soon the beers from the golf outing wear off Smile

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

I have to go back and see Monday and Tuesday posts, but I got some of the weekend stuff read.  Boon, not shocked, you kicked some crazy hill ass!  1100 in a 1/2?!?!?!  Day-um.  Nice placement man!  JayB, sorry about the hot as hell 5k.  But I have to agree that your spring racing season has been epic in every way.  Whiskers, that map thing made me lose my shit.  People are so stupid    That was hilarious.  Docket, you posed a hypothetical that actually happened to my friend.  She ran her very first marathon at the R&R SD last weekend, was on pace for a 5 hour finish.  The shooting thing happened when she could see the finish line, she got diverted and wasn't allowed to cross.  She found her family, then got to cross later, her official time is 5:55.16.  She's claiming her Garmin time of 5:00:53.  She's got a really good attitude about it, I think not getting shot makes one grateful.  LRB, I almost got kilt today when my dumb dog pulled me suddenly, I tripped on a thing in the sidewalk, and almost split my head open on a metal lightpost as I flew forward.  By some miracle, I managed to stay upright and not get a concussion, but the *tweak* feeling in my leg as all this was happening was no good.  Hopefully you don't have anything that lingers from your thing.

DavePGoodFood, where did you eat??????  I need to know.  Also, happy 24 years of bliss.

I've concluded that I'm a lot brokeass.  My hip got worse.  So I took Ibuprofen over the weekend, prescription strength (600 mg).  I spent Sunday night bar-tending for 4 hours, took Monday as a RD, took more Advil.  By Tuesday morning my eyes were almost swollen shut, I looked like I was having some sort of horrid allergic reaction.  I have been living under some sort of rock apparently, I had no idea that Ibuprofen was not a good idea mixed with distance running, and some craziness happened that resulted in 8 pounds of water retention in the space of 48 hours.  Apparently this side effect is also common with people with iron deficiency.  It's finally getting better, but I'm getting that ferritin test and going to the doc to make sure I don't have some sort of kidney thing going on.  And the chiro needs to pick up!!!  Naturally, I have continued to run through this because I'm a total idiot.  Also, because it doesn't seem to matter if I run or not, it hurts regardless.

So in the spirit of running through injury, I did hills today.  712 gain.  6 miles total.  Now I'm going to try and call the chiro. Again. 

LRB

Naturally, I have continued to run through this because I'm a total idiot.

Your You're in good company then. Welcome to the Idiots Club, take a number then go to the end of the line.

Half Crazy K 2.0

6.7 with roughly 3k and M pace, 2k at HM pace and 1k at 5k pace. I got bit last week, assuming on a run, by some unknown insect. I can't think of a specific time when it happened, the bite just appeared. Today it had a lovely border around it, so after first consulting Dr Google, I went to see the real doctor. Got a 2 week course of just in case this was a tick antibiotics, which was the outcome I wanted.

LM, I must be under the same rock. Never heard that about ibuprofen. I've only heard not to mix running & painkillers because it may make injuries worse to keep running on them.

Onemile, yikes on the blackbird.