Beginners and Beyond

The Boston Marathon (Read 98 times)

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

Yeah, Boston Globe says it was miserable later on:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/04/20/was-all-horrible-rain-cold-prove-challenging-for-some-racers/8VtQ9GfbEstugxev4C3koJ/story.html

Not that bad for my race, but probably for those in the later waves.

B-Plus

Thanks L-Train for coming out!

I thought my friend dropped (2:49 guy), but just checked and he's still going! Made it to 35 in 3:03 ... another 2:05 to get to 40 

B-Plus

I thought my friend dropped (2:49 guy), but just checked and he's still going! Made it to 35 in 3:03 ... another 2:05 to get to 40 

Just finished in 5:37:30! He really earned that medal.

From the Internet.

Holy cow! What happened to him?

Cyberic

Congrats to Jay, B+, onemile and lily!

GinnyinPA

Congratulations to all who finished the race today.

It's interesting seeing the difference in the two cameras.  At Heartbreak Hill, most of the people are walking now.  Earlier there was a lot more energy.  But at the finish line, everyone has been making an attempt to run across the finish line, though a lot of them stop fast and have a hard time walking once they make it across.  Fun to imagine me doing the same thing in Boston some day.

B-Plus

Holy cow! What happened to him?

He's recovering from an injury. Today was his 4th run in the last 2 weeks!

B-Plus

Congrats to Jay, B+, onemile and lily!

And Bruce!

I'm watching now. Prob fall asleep in a bit.

From the Internet.

Oh wow! Congrats to him for finishing!

Brilliant

Congrats to all ... amazing.  We have some really awesome people in this group ... 

this^^^^

LRB

This is why everybody loves Meb.

“You always run to win, that doesn’t mean you get first place. You get the best out of yourself,” said Keflezighi.

happylily

I'm embarrassed.  But thanks for the support, everyone! And congrats to all our amazing runners!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Brilliant

I'm embarrassed.  But thanks for the support, everyone! And congrats to all our amazing runners!

What? Why?  You were amazing today!

Little Blue

Congratulations to everyone who ran!  I couldn't follow anything, trying now to see the weather, Meb, and all the other stuff you have been talking about all day.  Sounds like it was an excellent/exhilarating/difficult/miserable/awesome day.

B-Plus