Beginners and Beyond

The Boston Marathon (Read 98 times)

workinprogress11

I'm embarrassed.  But thanks for the support, everyone! And congrats to all our amazing runners!

I know its not the race you wanted and I won't blow sunshine up your skirt, but hold on to the positives about it like being healthy enough to run it after everything and BQing once again by a good margin.  Both of those things are amazing to me.

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

Everybody who finished in that weather were amazing!  some just a little more amazing than others 

happylily

I know its not the race you wanted and I won't blow sunshine up your skirt, but hold on to the positives about it like being healthy enough to run it after everything and BQing once again by a good margin.  Both of those things are amazing to me.

Thank you so much for that, Amy. You always know how to make me feel better.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

What? Why?  You were amazing today!

And thank you too, Brilliant!

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

I hope you are all warm now!  Lily, hope you were staying close by this time? Congrats on your second Boston!

happylily

I hope you are all warm now!  Lily, hope you were staying close by this time? Congrats on your second Boston!

Thanks, TO! Yes, I was staying in the South End this time, only 1 mile away from the finish line. But with my weaken marathon brain, I got lost and ended up walking 2 miserable freezing miles before I got home.  But hot bath was had, so all is good now. Going to grab something to eat now.

RSX

Everybody who finished in that weather were amazing!  some just a little more amazing than others 

+1 Congrats everyone!!. I watched from Wellesley College (20k wife and step-daughter were volunteers). It was such an awful day for runners. I never saw so many miserable runners.

Desi looked great, and Meb was giving us thumbs up when he ran by.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lily, someone not long ago told me this (more or less):

"You still managed to run a good time despite the fact that it wasn't a great performance..., so don't feel too upset.  Congratulations!"

You did.  Now read it for yourself.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

I feel for the folks finishing now.  The timer is gone.  The spectators are all gone.  Even the marshalls aren't really paying any attention.  Aside from those who have family at the finish line to run with them the last few yards, it looks so lonely.

B-Plus

+1 Congrats everyone!!. I watched from Wellesley College (20k wife and step-daughter were volunteers). It was such an awful day for runners. I never saw so many miserable runners.

Desi looked great, and Meb was giving us thumbs up when he ran by.

If I realized the carnage that was to ensue, I woulda stopped to give you a kiss.

B-Plus

Everybody who finished in that weather was amazing!  Jay way more amazing than us ordinary humans  

FYP

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I like this comment better:

Mileage Mama@MileageMama

@universalsports @dwilleyRW I hate when I'm trying to get a good finish line photo and @runmeb grabs my hand to photobomb. #saidnooneever

I believe the woman is Hilary Dionne, who finished 15th in 2:42.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

Well done everybody!  BEER TIME!!

RSX

If I realized the carnage that was to ensue, I woulda stopped to give you a kiss.

Are you the guy who kissed the male cop? He was real busy and shrugged his shoulders after it happened.

RSX

I just think that any times today were amazing given the conditions