Beginners and Beyond

Penguin's SunDAILY (Read 23 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Possibly a LR when it stops raining.  Hopefully the bike path will be biker free.

Have a great Sunday.  Smile

Bin Running

Morning, jerry.

17 w/ 12 @ MP done. Quite a morale booster. Went to the gynae and we are to go back on wed. Oh, also got myself a gold iPhone 5S. Smile

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

Bin: nice run! I am just about ready to head out for 16 w 12 @ GMP.

Hi everyone.

PADRunner

Same here Jerry, waiting on it to warm up a bit for a 10 mi. LR.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Last "LR", 12 with the last 4 @ MP.  First day without a migraine all week.

Jerry, enjoy the LR once it stops raining.  Or better yet, go out in the rain.

Bin, nice and tough workout!

Jack, good luck with that workout.

PAD, go get your 10.

Damaris

hog4life

Bin, Jack, Damaris, nice runs,

Pad, Jerry, go get them LR's.

I'm about to head off to church, after the service, we will be preparing for a large community yard sale. Yay, I get to unload my junk. Then we will take all 3 grandkids shopping for shoes, the 2 little ones will be getting running shoes so they'll have good shoes for the marathon. Then I might just have to help them take re shoes for a test run. I could use 2-3 recovery miles.

SheCan

Morning penguins!

Boy that's a lot of LR miles everyone is doing today.  Good luck!

For me, i'm taking a SRD and probably some yardwork.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Sick as a dog.....but managed a 30:59 this morning at the Diva 5K! Good enough for 150th place out of 1200 finishers! (it was a slow field.....but I will take it anyway) Had I been able to breathe through my nostrils I probably would have PRed.....my first mile was almost PR pace (9:14)but then I legitimately could not breathe due to congestion and had to take a WALK BREAK at the 1.5 mile aid station (I haven't walked during a 5K since my first almost a year ago)

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Zelanie

Morning!  Bin, thanks for the update on DW. Smile

Still sick here.  4 recovery miles later.

PADRunner

Got my LR done turned into 11.

Zelanie

Nice, PAD!  Was it one of those runs where it is hard to stop once you get going?

PADRunner

Nice, PAD!  Was it one of those runs where it is hard to stop once you get going?

Yea, felt good and 60 degrees didn't want to waste it.

Sloooow.

Jerry, have a great long run!

Bin, very strong long run, you should feel a great boost from it. Is the 1st of December your next race?

Jack, is it still miserably hot for you all? Hope your long run went/goes well.

PADRunner, 60F sounds like beautiful running weather. Congrats on the 11!

Docket, glad you got a run without a migraine! Was it tough only doing 12? I guess they call it taper madness for a reason, lol.

Mitch, have a great day!

Cherie, have a wonderful rest day Smile

Kristin, that is an awesome finish for someone with a cold! I wouldn't bother running I'm such a wuss, never mind racing. Congrats!

Zelanie, feel better soon. Great job on the 4.

I was stupid for not getting up earlier, left at 9:45am for my long run.  Hardly a cloud in the sky, horrible and sunny, got to 78 by the time I got home. Broke all the rules and did 10 miles, overall a very slow 13:39 pace. That included half a mile of walking when my other half very kindly drove to meet me with cold water and I walked by the side of the car. I told him I wanted to wreck my legs so I would be glad to have a week off.

SheCan

Congratulations, Kristin!!!!!!  Can't believe you did so well, with being so ill!

Zelanie-- get well soon!

Awesome job on those LRs, PAD and Coralie!

No yard work for me today!  We're going to go touring some of the vineyards we've never been to.  Yay! Big grin

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson