Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 30 times)

LRB

Yo.

It's pretty quiet in my neck of the woods this morning. I'll run tonight. Hoping my legs will get with the program by then.

LRB

And quite the turn of events for the Frank Meza saga. Didn't see that coming.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah, and I am conflicted.  I feel like the MI guy overdid it with the multiple articles about him, calling the school where he worked, and demanding he admitted to the cheating before he would stop posting articles.  That he was a cheater, yes.  But I also believe that MI went overboard.

I have Pilates and the 6 miles I didn't run yesterday.

Damaris

The guy who got caught taking a short cut then took the big short cut.

onemile

I ran 10 miles with 6x2 min hills and then 15 minutes tempo

sdWhiskers

7 miles along the usual loop. Ran past 5 different unleashed dogs

Cheating in one race says a lot of someone's character/integrity. Cheating for years to the level that FM seemed to have...just wow. Hard to see him as a victim, even if suicide is a sad ending.

KCRuns

I ran/walked 5.5 miles to work this morning.  Mostly felt great!  I had to carry my backpack today with work clothes, which are lightweight, but I also put a new book in it that I wanted to start reading during lunch today.  It didn't feel that heavy when I tested it out last night, but after about 15 minutes or so of running with it I could clearly understand why that was a bad idea.

DavePNW

Yeah, and I am conflicted.  I feel like the MI guy overdid it with the multiple articles about him, calling the school where he worked, and demanding he admitted to the cheating before he would stop posting articles.  That he was a cheater, yes.  But I also believe that MI went overboard.

Frank appears to have had a serious mental illness, Derek did not kill him. But he does seem to be a slimeball. FFS, show some respect and take down all the articles!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Frank appears to have had a serious mental illness, Derek did not kill him. But he does seem to be a slimeball. FFS, show some respect and take down all the articles!

Exactly.  I don't blame Derek for the suicide but he has been going overboard with other people and this time he went all in.  I have lost all respect for what he has been doing.

He actually deleted the thread about it after 500 comments went from he deserved it to it's Derek's fault.  It was three days too long.

And my job is catching liars, cheaters and stealers, but you don't see me posting about it, announcing it in court, calling their jobs, etc., especially if the judge does not rule my way.  He was like certain twitter account that whines about the same stuff daily...

Damaris

DavePNW

6 miles. Still nervous about things, but starting to feel a bit better. Plan to continue taking it easy for a while.

Dave

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Exactly.  I don't blame Derek for the suicide but he has been going overboard with other people and this time he went all in.  I have lost all respect for what he has been doing.

I think a lot of what he does could be done more quietly and behind the scenes.  I think at least some of the social media splash is because race directors all too often ignore the cheaters and that's a way to put pressure on them.  There are quite a few cases of obvious cheating by people where the RDs have refused to DQ the cheater.  Keep in mind that this is a case of the known cheating going back to 2014 with the DQ at CIM and he continued to flaunt the system.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

5.5 miles.  Started slowly as expected the day after running intervals but was running fast than normal by mile 3.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Cyberic

I dunno about the cheater. Of course, the guy commiting suicide proves something has gone too far, in some way.

I'm all for DQing the guy behind the scenes, and banning him from the event. No need to go to social media and the like.

Bit at the same time, it IS the Internet that spots the cheaters, so hard to keep it off the Web. And if you don't spot the cheaters, then some guy/gal who has worked real hard thinks he/she finished one spot behind, or in this case he was taking the record out of a legitimate runner's credit, and we don't want cheaters to get all the credit over hard working people.

So it's a tough one.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm all for calling them out but when you post about it daily (I just scrolled his page and he has 4 articles still active and he did more than 4) and get angry when the RDs don't DQ a person so you do some more and you see the comments going haywire with people going all crazy and insulting, when do you start bearing responsibility for inciting the issue more?  It's a tough question, but I think Derek did go overboard in this instance.  You can write an article and send it to the RD, and let people talk, but are the 4-5 additional articles about him inciting more than educating?  I frankly find the fact that he called the school he works at and asked them if they knew he had cheated at a race is a bit too far, IMO. He did a paparazzi in this one.

Damaris

onemile

I'm all for calling them out but when you post about it daily (I just scrolled his page and he has 4 articles still active and he did more than 4) and get angry when the RDs don't DQ a person so you do some more and you see the comments going haywire with people going all crazy and insulting, when do you start bearing responsibility for inciting the issue more?  It's a tough question, but I think Derek did go overboard in this instance.  You can write an article and send it to the RD, and let people talk, but are the 4-5 additional articles about him inciting more than educating?  I frankly find the fact that he called the school he works at and asked them if they knew he had cheated at a race is a bit too far, IMO. He did a paparazzi in this one.

Derek needs to keep producing content to keep his web$ite active and get more hit$