Beginners and Beyond

WEDNESDAILIES Are Still on the Wagon (Read 49 times)

Mmmmm...beer

So on my lunch hour, I am scrolling through facebook (I know, time well spent) and notice that the race I'm doing this Saturday is having a 1 day registration special for their 2016 event - only $26.20 for the full or half.  Regular price for the full I think is $100.  My cheapness is well documented, and at that price, my initial instinct is that I'm NEVER going to find a full at that price, so if I plan on making the jump, why not this one.  Not to mention that it is only a 40 minute drive from my extremely comfy bed.  I have also confirmed with the RD that I could sign up for the full and drop back to the half if it turns out that I'm chicken s***.

I was going to ask for opinions, but screw you guys, I think I've already talked myself into it.

Not even a question, for that price I'd sign up immediately.  I'd run a marathon this weekend if it was only $26!

I'm all about cheap races, there's a couple of 5Ks here that are only $6, and $8, and you even get a shirt at the $6 one!  My 100 miler in May is only $40. 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Cyberic

I was going to ask for opinions, but screw you guys, I think I've already talked myself into it.

I'm a bit disappointed you did not consult with us before making such a big decision. But I won't press the matter, I know the guilt is already eating you from the inside.

onemile

I signed up for a marathon once because it was half price (at $35).  I DNSed it. What a bargain.

Cyberic

Cyberic: LOL - I'm amazed at your first marathon. Seriously.  What's your secret (other than being tall and cool)?

None. It's all about being tall and cool, baby 

cjones1

I'm a bit disappointed you did not consult with us before making such a big decision. But I won't press the matter, I know the guilt is already eating you from the inside.

I was typing out the post to ask you guys, and I'm pretty much like, well this is a no-brainer.   And I haven't actually registered yet, so no guilt here.  Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

bluerun

Super B****

I registered for Paine to Pain 2016.

Even though I feel like I'm never going to run again.  Whatever.  I'm rich, after all.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I registered for Paine to Pain 2016.

Even though I feel like I'm never going to run again.  Whatever.  I'm rich, after all.

Exactly. How else could I have owned three GPS watches at the same time back in August FFS.

LRB

I signed up for a marathon once because it was half price (at $35).  I DNSed it. What a bargain.

I got an event shirt for $65 for the marathon I DNS'd. I win.

bluerun

Super B****

Exactly. How else could I have owned three GPS watches at the same time back in August FFS.

I currently own three.  Plus an FR70 and a vivofit.  So I really must be rich.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I managed to run 10.2 miles this morning, I saw a fox and a Bobcat just after mile 5, yes pretty much at the same time.

My log is showing that in the last 7 days I have ran 56.6 miles and in the last 30 days I have logged 184 Smile so close to the 200 mark, I can taste it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I currently own three.  Plus an FR70 and a vivofit.  So I really must be rich.

Yeah your rich could take my rich out to dinner. lol

LRB

I managed to run 10.2 miles this morning, I saw a fox and a Bobcat just after mile 5, yes pretty much at the same time.

My log is showing that in the last 7 days I have ran 56.6 miles and in the last 30 days I have logged 184 Smile so close to the 200 mark, I can taste it.

Let me guess; it tastes like chicken?

Mmmmm...beer

Awesome, it's been a long time since I've seen a bobcat, they're pretty elusive.  Get 200, you can do it! Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

onemile

Not marathon training seems to suit you.

StepbyStep-SH

I was typing out the post to ask you guys, and I'm pretty much like, well this is a no-brainer.   And I haven't actually registered yet, so no guilt here.  Smile

cjones is drinkin' the Kool-Aid. Wink

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.