Beginners and Beyond

WEDNESDAILIES Are Still on the Wagon (Read 49 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Let me guess; it tastes like chicken?

Lol no, it tastes like hard cider 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

cjones1

cjones is drinkin' the Kool-Aid. Wink

Besides the cost being so attractive, the fact that it's a year away makes it easier for my lazy rear end to act like it's no big deal.  Come next summer, I'm pretty sure I'll dig up this thread and ask you guys why you didn't stop me. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

workinprogress11

workinprogress: If you done even a 10 miler in this cycle, you'll be OK.  If not, just jog it.

Congrats on the PR, TO and welcome back!

i haven't done one minute of half marathon specific training but I've maintained a 30-35 mile per week average at least since my last one with several 10 milers thrown in there so I know I'll finish. I just also know it will probably be 15 minutes slower than my PR.  Blerg.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Not marathon training seems to suit you.

Thanks Dave, I will try.

Nah onemile, I just started this year off wrong for marathon training that's all. I didn't want to admit it but now I can see it the way it is, I fell off the wagon last winter starting with what should've been my recovery after the 2014 IMM. But I plan on getting back on track, focusing on building a stronger base for the rest of this year before my 2nd...er...3rd go at marathon training. Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

DavePNW

my 2nd...er...3rd go at marathon training. 

When you get it right, let me know. 

Dave

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

Thanks.  I never really left - Was posting about once a month.  Unfortunately cannot commit to the Dailies, or I'd never get any work done at all.

Everybody has their own reasons to race, so just use it as a fun, uplifting experience without any time pressure.

Congrats on the PR, TO and welcome back!

i haven't done one minute of half marathon specific training but I've maintained a 30-35 mile per week average at least since my last one with several 10 milers thrown in there so I know I'll finish. I just also know it will probably be 15 minutes slower than my PR.  Blerg.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

When you get it right, let me know. 

Lol, it took me like 4 or 5 half marathons before I figured something out and they've become less of a challenge. The marathon is a different story and a bigger challenge,  but that is why I am drawn to it and other longer distances Smile

PRs

LRB

Thanks.  I never really left - Was posting about once a month.  Unfortunately cannot commit to the Dailies, or I'd never get any work done at all.

You're right, there is just way too much ridiculousness going on in this thread. Cool

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lol, it took me like 4 or 5 half marathons before I figured something out and they've become less of a challenge. The marathon is a different story and a bigger challenge,  but that is why I am drawn to it and other longer distances Smile

I am at 30 marathons. I'll let you know when I get it right.

Damaris

LRB

Geezus!

Baboon

delicate flower

73 degrees for my post-work run was pretty sweet.    Feels nice when you don't give a shit about your pace.  The only downside to the warm temps is that the eye-diving suicide gnats were out in full vengeance.  

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Don't you do like a marathon a month or something like that? When did you start?

PRs

DavePNW

And number 30 was a big puke-fest. Maybe 31 is the magic number. 

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

And number 30 was a big puke-fest. Maybe 31 is the magic number. 

Or 32, or 40, or 50, or hell go for 100 and maybe that will be the magic number 

PRs

Little Blue

You're right, there is just way too much ridiculousness going on in this thread. Cool

No kidding.  I'm just checking back, and you have all been Chatty Kathies today.

I'm laughing at cjones and the $26 guilt trip.  And all the rich people.  And the tall, cool ones.  Ya'll are nutz.