Beginners and Beyond

Saturday - National Drink Wine Day (Read 27 times)

LRB

Now that's some shit I might try, not sure about anything else though, except eating.

onemile

Now that's some shit I might try, not sure about anything else though, except eating.

Still feeling bad huh?

LRB

Still feeling bad huh?

I think I've been the target of an assassination attempt, or got in the cross-fire of some kind of germ warfare between two rival organizations or some shit. 

But yeah, I've lacked both energy and strength. I've run through every cold I've ever had but this is something I cannot recall ever dealing with.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

Have a glass for me LRB.  I'll drink an extra beer for you.

I slept in and then ran 12.1 miles in daylight.  Low 50s with light rain made for a nice jog.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I have Pilates and maybe a bike ride tonight.  Leg feels better after the crack while running, but the lower hamstring is tight so I have to work on loosen it up today.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

Our local hospital ER was closed to incoming patients yesterday because they had too many people with flu, norovirus, etc. There were no beds left.  I gather this has been a really bad flu season.

No more marathons

I think I've been the target of an assassination attempt, or got in the cross-fire of some kind of germ warfare between two rival organizations or some shit. 

But yeah, I've lacked both energy and strength. I've run through every cold I've ever had but this is something I cannot recall ever dealing with.

Maybe the same shit that got Kim Jong Nam

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

Maybe the same shit that got Kim Jong Nam

That's some crazy shit.

LRB

Our local hospital ER was closed to incoming patients yesterday because they had too many people with flu, norovirus, etc. There were no beds left.  I gather this has been a really bad flu season.

That is one place I would not want to be right now. The last time I went to the doc for a physical the lobby was full of sick people, I had all but convinced myself that I was going to die. lol

No more marathons

OK Babs - you need to explain the whole brick thing.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

delicate flower

'Morning!  My triathlon club had their annual Raffle Run this morning.  For every half mile circle around the block you run during the 40 minutes, you get a raffle ticket for fabulous prizes.  I was easily the fastest runner and lapped most of the people there at least once (maybe 30 people total).  I eased up after 20 minutes because this wasn't a race.  5.75 mile total at 7:10 avg pace...we'll call it a tempo run.  Tack a 1.6 mile warm up on tap of that.  And of course, I was the only person who did not win a raffle prize.  Figures!!  I got a pity hat though that has our club logo on it, which is what I wanted to win in the first place.  

OK Babs - you need to explain the whole brick thing.

HA!  Our club president said I was running too fast so he handicapped me the last lap and made me carry a brick while I ran...a big, heavy, granite cobblestone brick.  That shit was heavy!  Not just heavy, but awkward...too small to cradle in my arm like a football, but too large to carry in the palm of my hand. I ran a 7:50 pace that lap.  I finished the lap, dropped the brick, and said "This is bullshit!"  Big grin  Good times.

I was going to swim this afternoon but it is 50 degrees outside and my tri bike demands to be ridden.  Also, DW had a small matter of two flat tires on her car this morning courtesy of a pile of nails in the road, so she now has my car, so no pool for me!

<3

LRB

'Morning!  My triathlon club had their annual Raffle Run this morning.  For every half mile circle around the block you run during the 40 minutes, you get a raffle ticket for fabulous prizes.  I was easily the fastest runner and lapped most of the people there at least once (maybe 30 people total).  I eased up after 20 minutes because this wasn't a race.  5.75 mile total at 7:10 avg pace...we'll call it a tempo run.  Tack a 1.6 mile warm up on tap of that.  And of course, I was the only person who did not win a raffle prize.  Figures!!

That's awesome. lol

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 with 2x 2 miles HM effort

Cyberic

I ran a 5k race. My time: 1:44:46

It was the Polar Hero Winter Obstacle Race. DD wanted to run it, so I got picked as the accompanying parent, because -race- and of course you need to wait for ages at almost every obstacle. Fun times, though. Great for my weekly pace average, too 

weekly average

lol

Hi.

I actually ran today, 4 miles. I took about a week off (if anyone noticed) to see if my achilles could heal up. Verdict: jury's still out. Started OK, but then definitely started to feel it. Still tolerable, and better than it was when I last ran. But it was a short run; I don't know what will happen if I try to get back to a normal schedule. So not quite sure what to do from here.

The good news is that my other problem, pain on the top of my foot, I did not feel at all. Of course, short run. But I am still blaming it on the tighter toebox of the Ravenna 7s, after upgrading (downgrading) from the 6. Last week I did try trading them in for the 8's (after ~70 miles, thank you Brooks 90 day return policy); felt a little better in the store, but after one run, the pain came back. I tried the Ghost at the time too, per onemile's recommendation, but did not buy them. Last night I went back and did. We'll see how they work out; all I have to do is be able to run.

Dave