Beginners and Beyond

The DAILIES Sunday Edition (Read 45 times)

B-Plus

True dat.  I am avoiding them like the plague this year!  My marathon success or failure will be based of volume of running, not distance of any singular runs.  Physically I can do it, mentally though, I just do not want to train like that anymore.

I totally agree, but if I'm running 18, it probably means I'm running some decent weekly mileage. I hit 70 for this week.

BPlus...Good number you're running there today.  Shit's not too real when it's just an easy paced long run, IMO, but once you start throwing other stuff in there they get a little, nay a lot, tricky.

Thanks SIAR. I'm definitely starting to get into the thick of things. Tuesday was 8 x 600m, then I amazingly was able to hit my paces for Thursday's 14 w/ 8 @ MP. I now just capped off the week with 18 miles through the park, although it was no walk.

Speaking of which ... 18 miles @ 7:34

Phil - That's probably the longest fly-by posting I've ever seen. Congrats on the duo!

RSX

5.07 slow jet lag miles in the 90's again which I never saw on vacation. Ironically the first rain I saw in over a week was when we were leaving the airport yesterday which worked for me.

LRB

I hit 70 for this week.

Tuesday was 8 x 600m, then I amazingly was able to hit my paces for Thursday's 14 w/ 8 @ MP. I now just capped off the week with 18 miles through the park, although it was no walk.

Speaking of which ... 18 miles @ 7:33

Everything about that post says win!

B-Plus

Everything about that post says win!

I went back and updated my pace by a second. I hope it's still a win!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Hi!

I volunteered at a 15k trail race this morning. I was at aid station 1 (about 3.5 miles into the race) at the top of a hill. It's a hellish race - I ran it last year - and it was horribly humid and warm this morning. I had a ton of fun though.

A guy went down  right after our station, he was in bad shape, so the ambulance came and took him. I hope he's okay. He was very out of it and delirious, and just collapsed at the bottom of the hill past our station. His wife (who we called) said he's an ER doc and was at work until 4am and still decided to run the race. Yikes.

After that, Jess (lilac_jive, who also volunteered) and I went to breakfast with a few people in our running group who ran the race, then we went to the local zoo. It was a fun-filled day!

Rondog65

Kristin congrats on the PR, great job.

Got out there this afternoon for 7.3 miles on dead legs, just trying to keep plugging along.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Zelanie

AprilRunner- Thank you for volunteering!  Hope that guy is OK!  Figures that it would be a doctor who is too stubborn to recognize that he's in trouble before it got really serious!

Rondog- Sounds about like my run today.

Rondog65

Rondog- Sounds about like my run today.

I keep telling myself that the weather will eventually get better and thus the running, what doesn't kills us will make us stronger!!

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Hi Dailies:

Rick - Sunday papers are nice once in a while, but info is so quick now.

D - great job with the fast finish

DaveP - still pain free, good

B+ - = bad ass, very impressive

Kristin - great job, have fun at the wedding

SIAR - nice fast finish as well

Ric-G - with a horse with no name?

Basya - enjoy the nap food and drink

Marjorie - your very own road, neat.  Sorry to hear about that kid.

redrum - have a good rest

Baboon - cool, congrats.  To ask the obviously dumb question, is an Aquabike ride and swim only?

Zelanie - your progress has looked good

RSX - leave that rain behind

April - kudos for volunteering, hope that guy's ok

Ron - plug away

5K this morning, RR in the works.  Very poor sleep last night.  First there were engines revving and tires burning;   either kids racing or someone trying to outrun the cops - LOUD.  Then about 4AM the coyotes tore though here making their creepy, almost unholy calls.  My fierce attack cat was nowhere to be found for that episode, probably cowering in the basement.

Hip Redux

Some quick shout outs -

Ohhh, Jay, didya win?    You've sort of set an expectation, you know.

April - thanks for volunteering!  Man, I hope he's ok. Sad  Scary stuff.  I saw a volunteer go down at an event - she collapsed like a sack of potatoes after standing in the heat for 5 hours!

D- nice work on the last 4 fast!  What watch are you using now?  Garmin 910 still or no?

Dave - glad you're feeling good. Smile

I just have to say that I do not like being on the DL.  That is all.

Hip Redux

Oh, and my stracotto in the oven smells wonderful.

DavePNW

Too much great running today to shout out to everyone, but congrats to Baboon on the du, B+ on the 70 mile week, MA on the 20, Basya on the treadmill endurance session, and all the rest. 

Shit's not too real when it's just an easy paced long run, IMO, but once you start throwing other stuff in there they get a little, nay a lot, tricky

Just a regular 18 gets real for me; my goal at some point is for those LR's not to be such a big deal, which I guess comes with doing a lot of them. Plus I probably run them faster than I should.

DaveP- Careful with those twinges!  I spent quite a while running "denial runs" before I got a better handle on my knee.  Did you get a diagnosis?

You sound like my wife, lol!  Can be tough to tell when I should pull back & when it is just lingering soreness that may be there for a while. Obviously I am anxious, but I am trying to be careful. It has been diagnosed as only a muscle strain (although I haven't had an MRI or anything), I am still getting some PT. 

Dave

DavePNW

Oh, and my stracotto in the oven smells wonderful.

TWSS??

I don't know, just sounds like a euphemism for something.

Dave

LRB

I keep telling myself that the weather will eventually get better and thus the running, what doesn't kills us will make us stronger!!

Or, eventually kills us lol!

Jay, that story about your cat is hilarious!

Hip Redux

TWSS??

I don't know, just sounds like a euphemism for something.

It does sound bad, doesn't it?

I swear, it's food!