Beginners and Beyond

The DAILIES Sunday Edition (Read 45 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hubby ordered matching Garmins (ugh).  Fenix now.

Some quick shout outs -

Ohhh, Jay, didya win?    You've sort of set an expectation, you know.

April - thanks for volunteering!  Man, I hope he's ok. Sad  Scary stuff.  I saw a volunteer go down at an event - she collapsed like a sack of potatoes after standing in the heat for 5 hours!

D- nice work on the last 4 fast!  What watch are you using now?  Garmin 910 still or no?

Dave - glad you're feeling good. Smile

I just have to say that I do not like being on the DL.  That is all.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job on the 70mpw BTW.  Keep up the good work.

I totally agree, but if I'm running 18, it probably means I'm running some decent weekly mileage. I hit 70 for this week.

Thanks SIAR. I'm definitely starting to get into the thick of things. Tuesday was 8 x 600m, then I amazingly was able to hit my paces for Thursday's 14 w/ 8 @ MP. I now just capped off the week with 18 miles through the park, although it was no walk.

Speaking of which ... 18 miles @ 7:34

Phil - That's probably the longest fly-by posting I've ever seen. Congrats on the duo!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks for volunteering.  Hope the guy is OK!

Hi!

I volunteered at a 15k trail race this morning. I was at aid station 1 (about 3.5 miles into the race) at the top of a hill. It's a hellish race - I ran it last year - and it was horribly humid and warm this morning. I had a ton of fun though.

A guy went down  right after our station, he was in bad shape, so the ambulance came and took him. I hope he's okay. He was very out of it and delirious, and just collapsed at the bottom of the hill past our station. His wife (who we called) said he's an ER doc and was at work until 4am and still decided to run the race. Yikes.

After that, Jess (lilac_jive, who also volunteered) and I went to breakfast with a few people in our running group who ran the race, then we went to the local zoo. It was a fun-filled day!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What time should I get there?  8pm OK?

Oh, and my stracotto in the oven smells wonderful.

Damaris

Will run for scenery.

Hey People.  Yes you people !

Hope everyone had a great wkend.  I've got some catching up to do.  I was up in the mountains since Thurs PM, and had an epic adventure on Saturday.  I'll get a R(un)R put together when I can, but it will be few days.  Lots of pics to sort out.

Short Version : I am now an "ultramarathon" "runner".  This weekend was the peak of one of the best wildflower seasons Colorado has had in years. My feet hurt.

Jay - funny story about the cat.  My guard cat hid beneath the floorboards for 3 weeks to avoid the terrors of a professional catsitter.  Poor lady was sure he had run away.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, jjs22!

Damaris

Zelanie

jjs- Congrats!

DaveP- Glad to hear it's just a muscle strain!  Sorry for getting out the "mom voice", it's just that running with a bad knee is still a pretty recent memory for me.

B-Plus

What time should I get there?  8pm OK?

I guess we could at least enjoy the smell.

jjs - Congrats and take your time with that report. I still quite behind with my RR reading Blush

Hip Redux

I guess we could at least enjoy the smell.

It was marinating in chianti, with onions, celery, carrots, rosemary, garlic and bay leaves.   And it is getting braised in the same.  If that helps.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Stop it.  It's making my mouth water.

It was marinating in chianti, with onions, celery, carrots, rosemary, garlic and bay leaves.   And it is getting braised in the same.  If that helps.

Damaris

LRB

Stop it.  It's making my mouth water.

No, continue.  No really!

j22, you talkin' to me?  Ha-ha, congrats on the achievement!

Just B.S.

JJS22, awesome news!!!!!!

Did a tri this weekend. Except nobody cared and it took me 24 hours.Big grin A real tri next weekend,

3rd since Jun 9th. So I was practicing this weekend.

900 meter lake swim yesterday morning.

25 miles on the bike around 3pm.

Hardly slept all night because of the heat.

9.75 very slow  miles in 90F starting @ 8:30 this morning with about 1000 feet of climb and an excruciatingly

slow 10:45 average pace.

It's going to feel like 106 tomorrow so I don't expect much better.  Run in the morning, swim at night.

At least when I got to work tomorrow I can get into some air conditioning. Thank goodness.

Stay cool everyone!

jjs - congrats!

Beth - stay cool

LRB

It's going to feel like 106 tomorrow so I don't expect much better. 

Talk about extremes, there is either snow up to your overhang in the winter or it's a billion in the summer!  ...Ken folks said Jed move away from there, said California is the place you ought to be so the loaded up the truck and they moved to Beverleeeee.  Hills that is, swimming pools, movie stars.

Ric-G

Ric...The desert?  Bring water.  I'm sure that it can be fun, but I just have visions of you sitting in the middle of cracked earth, on a lawn chair, doing absolutely nothing.

Checking in from palm desert...mercury was 115 when we got here...just came back from dinner and it had cooled to 109. Planning to do 3 early inthe am followed by a direct visit to the pool

marathon pr - 3:16