Beginners and Beyond

Houston Sundailies (Read 19 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job, SD!

I ran only 7ish and that was it. I'll retry the 9 next week but my right leg was bugging me from the lower back pain (might have a pinched nerve) and the left knee was still hurting. Sucks getting old!

It was 39F and feels like 31F. Even though it was sunny and it looked like 40F was shorts weather, we were dressed like it was Winter. Made the mistake of removing my gloves when the wind was on our back and I'm still trying to warm the hands up ha.

Damaris

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

My only pair of running tights gave up the ghost today (when I took them off I notice a large tear just off a seam in material that's become too old to sew).  I don't recall anything about how I picked them as they're at least 5 years old and now I'm looking at all the choices online and have no idea how to pick a new pair.  I must have gotten really lucky last time to have bought a pair in ignorance that worked so well for so long.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Quickadder

No clue what the elites did at Houston, but I’ve been tracking two friends there. Both with pretty solid outings considering it’s a warm day.

Both the Houston and Louisiana Marathons today. I live about midway between the two and it was downright chilly today - mid 40's this morning, only getting to a high of 64F this afternoon.

I waited until mid-afternoon and then ran 9.4 miles - longest since July.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

Upcoming race: Four on the 4th 7/4/24 maybe.

Half Crazy K 2.0

sdWhiskers, nice job. Ugh on the headwinds. Do you normally get windss that close to the ocean? Whenever I run AC, I know it is a risk of wind (more so thana inland).

Fred, I would think a challenge with tights for men is that some are tights and others are base layers. And the base layer ones often aren;t for wearing without shorts.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

sdWhiskers, nice job. Ugh on the headwinds. Do you normally get windss that close to the ocean? Whenever I run AC, I know it is a risk of wind (more so thana inland).

Fred, I would think a challenge with tights for men is that some are tights and others are base layers. And the base layer ones often aren;t for wearing without shorts.

And yet some do.  🤢

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Both the Houston and Louisiana Marathons today. I live about midway between the two and it was downright chilly today - mid 40's this morning, only getting to a high of 64F this afternoon.

I waited until mid-afternoon and then ran 9.4 miles - longest since July.

You got lucky because the high for Houston was 75 or 77.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

Always a breeze along the coast but I don't usually worry about strong winds. However, we're having crazy-for-here storms so a lot more wind than usual.

Half Crazy K 2.0

And yet some do.  🤢

I can't remember where I saw the post, years ago someone was asking if the tights her BF was wearing were meant to be worn withtout anything over them. The tights in question had a very anatomicaly designed pouch with contrast stictching.

Although I guess it's not any worse from the trendy women's tights/shorts with butt scrunch that require hiking them up everytwhere.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I can't remember where I saw the post, years ago someone was asking if the tights her BF was wearing were meant to be worn withtout anything over them. The tights in question had a very anatomicaly designed pouch with contrast stictching.

Although I guess it's not any worse from the trendy women's tights/shorts with butt scrunch that require hiking them up everytwhere.

Ah, yes, banana hammocks and camel toe - the Gray's Anatomy of running gear.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

🤣

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

Moose knuckle for the dudes.

The new trend for women is apparently to show that you have 2 very distinct ass cheeks. Some of the leggings are shaded/contoured. I'll stick with my non-ass flattering comfortable tights TYVM.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Hi all,

Been a non-poster for a few weeks. Not sure why but was kind of in a funk. Maybe no/not much running, grey winter weather, Michigan losing the Fiesta Bowl, some drama at home and/or too much work at work...

Anyway, have been running on the treadmill at PT twice a week for 20-25 mins at a time and the last two Saturday's on the treadmill at the club we belong to (40-55 mins). So, making progress but amazingly, after all this time, my foot/ankle still isn't quite right. It's light years better than six months ago but maybe that's just because of just time passing. PT finished this week and I'm not sure what's next but hoping to keep to the three days a week thing this month and continue the rehab exercises,

Hope everyone here is well. I need to do some catching up on posts. And, Happy Belated New Year!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL.

Damaris