Beginners and Beyond

Garmin Foot Pod (Read 44 times)

What's up, little buddy!

Well I was wondering why it took you so long to respond to your page, then I remembered no one uses pagers anymore. Except Dennis Duffy.

Dave

delicate flower

Well I was wondering why it took you so long to respond to your page, then I remembered no one uses pagers anymore. Except Dennis Duffy.

I have a pager for work.  True story.  It is actually embarrassing to carry.

<3

For realz? How do you even get one of those things these days - hop in the DeLorean & go to Radio Shack in 1984? What is the point, if you have a cell phone?

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

I thought my work was the only one still in the dark ages. Our social workers have pagers. I wonder if they have to explain to new grads when they are hired what it is.

delicate flower

For realz? How do you even get one of those things these days - hop in the DeLorean & go to Radio Shack in 1984? What is the point, if you have a cell phone?

For our antiquated online paging system.  I might be able to get pages sent directly to my cell phone, but I don't care enough to look into that.  Besides, I don't want work stuff infiltrating my personal cell phone beyond the occasional call or text.

<3

onemile

If you leave the foot pod on your shoe, keep the shoe away from your dog.  Dogs, particularly greyhounds in my house, love to drag the shoe back to their beds and gnaw the hell out of the foot pod.  THAT'S FORTY DOLLARS DOWN THE CRAPPER.

Mine started nibbling on the foot pod while it was on my shoe on my foot!

LRB

I still remember my pager number which I had from '91 to about '95. 

I still remember my pager number which I had from '91 to about '95. 

Were you rockin' the flat top back then?

Dave

LRB

Were you rockin' the flat top back then?

Thankfully I was a bit older than the set that favored that so I missed out on that whole thing.

As far as hair fads go I rocked a pretty mean 'fro back in the '70's. I was also around for the finger wave crowd during the '80's.  Didn't spend any time with the jheri curl crew though, thank God for small miracles. lol

As far as hair fads go I rocked a pretty mean 'fro back in the '70's.

You & me both.

MTA: I have a feeling you pulled it off better.

Dave

LRB

lol

Hip Redux

You & me both.

MTA: I have a feeling you pulled it off better.

You guys can't say you had a 'fro and not have photos to share.

LRB

That was the stone age pre camera phone age, man did we miss out!

B-Plus

That was the stone age pre camera phone age, man did we miss out!

If you don't have a scanner take a photo of the photo with your phone and show us!

LRB

If you don't have a scanner take a photo of the photo with your phone and show us!

What photo? Those things weren't invented yet back in my day. lol