Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES - are you up for it? (Read 32 times)

onemile

I ran 8 miles with 6x2 minutes

sdWhiskers

They're so clutch for plane rides, or road trips for that matter.  Ever since I had these damn kids, my ankles swell if I don't take precautionary steps.  I tried once to wear them after a race to drive home, but they proved too difficult to get on at that point.  Recall my nekkid cramping sitch post marathon, which was me just trying to put on pants.  Compression socks were a total fail the time I tried.  They are great to wear during the post-race post-shower nap though.

Truth.

I wore them in the last month of pregnancy when me and my cankles lived in south Florida. I think they helped me not die of blood clot.

After CIM, I headed from the finish line straight to the hotel for a quick shower before my flight. I was in the midst of pulling them on when my legs kept cramping/spasming and I was just frozen in that position. It took me like 25 minutes to pull them both on, lol  I was also naked but thankfully in the hotel room. My dear child was like wtf

KCRuns

3 miles today

Half Crazy K 2.0

5.6 miles with 3 at some sort of effort. Tempo-ish. The first 2 miles of it are in a busy area, so lots of start/stop and auto-stop doesn't always kick in. And, as soon as I saved my run, it instantly uploaded to Garmin Connect. So that's how it's supposed to work. .Cool.

DavePNW, with the grocery lists, there was an example in my data mining class about beer & diapers. Using all the data from the customer cards, a store found it was fairly common that when men tended to buy those 2 things, so the store put those items in close proximity.

Ok, I am never going to try to put on compression garments after a race in public.

GinnyinPA

It was a really windy afternoon (25mpw) so I ran 7 miles into town so I could have it at my back or side for most of the run. Legs were hurting so I was slow, but it wasn't a bad run.

delicate flower

I did an easy hour on the bike trainer.  A much shorter and easier workout than I had scheduled but that's what I was in the mood for.  Now I am continuing my work day at home.

<3

DavePNW

HEY DAVE P!  No real useful information in today's BAA e-mail.  It appears they just wanted to remind us that we have a marathon in less than two weeks.

A what now?

Dave

Cyberic

I ran 8 miles with 6x2 minutes

How did that feel?

Cyberic

Ok, I am never going to try to put on compression garments after a race in public.

I dunno why people on this forum wait until they're naked when they're sore after a race before they try to put on compression stuff.

onemile

How did that feel?

My legs didn't feel awesome but it wasn't a struggle to hit the paces so okay

Cyberic

My legs didn't feel awesome but it wasn't a struggle to hit the paces so okay

Yeah, that's good.