Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #260 (Read 28 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

What up peepers!

Went to the gym this morning for Delts, then took Jetta out for a run.

It was a Freaking gorgeous 56 degrees!!!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Half Crazy K 2.0

I was feeling pretty comfortable with the decision to do a 5k. I'm reading the infection control e-mail this morning from work and it talks about activities that increase your risk of exposure, which includes sporting events, concerts or parades. Great. There is a town hall tomorrow about infection control, trying to decide if I send a question asking about their recommendations for participation in sports. I work for an affiiliate of Johns Hopkins Hospital, so at least I know I am getting real expert answers.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It was 47F this morning so I ran some before work. Sadly I'm so slow I only had time for 2 before calls and emails started flowing but what a 2! I have more tonight probably on the TM.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

I walked to PT this morning. It's over 7 miles away. THAT is how much I hate the MTA.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

sdWhiskers

I was feeling pretty comfortable with the decision to do a 5k. I'm reading the infection control e-mail this morning from work and it talks about activities that increase your risk of exposure, which includes sporting events, concerts or parades. Great. There is a town hall tomorrow about infection control, trying to decide if I send a question asking about their recommendations for participation in sports. I work for an affiiliate of Johns Hopkins Hospital, so at least I know I am getting real expert answers.

Seems like it depends on too many variables for any expert to really weigh in. There's also a difference between what an event says they will do and what actually happens.

sdWhiskers

3 miles. Air quality isn't great but not Dave poor so I kept it short. It looks less hazy, for whatever that's worth.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Seems like it depends on too many variables for any expert to really weigh in. There's also a difference between what an event says they will do and what actually happens.

I asked & already got an answer. Sporting event= large event in a stadium or other mass gathering.

They also said 5ks can have many people, there is a lower risk since everyone ultimately spreads out.

Looking at the 2018 results, there were 68 people in the 4k. 10 had a pace faster than 9mm. So I should be clear of people almost immediately.

DavePNW

3 miles. Air quality isn't great but not Dave poor so I kept it short. It looks less hazy, for whatever that's worth.

I actually had a dream last night that I was out running and the air was much better. Woke up to the harsh reality. The trend seems to have reversed and the numbers are now creeping ever so slowly in right direction. But not fast enough, and still shit today.

Dave

onemile

I actually had a dream last night that I was out running and the air was much better. Woke up to the harsh reality. The trend seems to have reversed and the numbers are now creeping ever so slowly in right direction. But not fast enough, and still shit today.

how many days is the new streak? longest stretch of days off since? we need the daily streak updates still you know

DavePNW

how many days is the new streak? longest stretch of days off since? we need the daily streak updates still you know

You're not concerned with my compulsion to keep it going?  

Non-running streak hits 5 days! But I don't see a widget on the log that will track this for me. I need to dig through it manually to find the last one this long. Or just ask LRB.

Dave

onemile

You're not concerned with my compulsion to keep it going?  

Non-running streak hits 5 days! But I don't see a widget on the log that will track this for me. I need to dig through it manually to find the last one this long. Or just ask LRB.

I am starting to get a little concerned 

DavePNW

I am starting to get a little concerned 

You and me both.

Digging done. Had 6 days in June 2019. I am guessing that may be broken. Prior to that was 4 months in 2018; god help me.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You and me both.

Digging done. Had 6 days in June 2019. I am guessing that may be broken. Prior to that was 4 months in 2018; god help me.

Can you find a cheap non-contract gym you can join? That's what I did whenever the TM broke in Miami. $10/month is worth it to be able to run.

Damaris

onemile

You and me both.

maybe the god sent the fires to get you to take a day off. It would have been a lot easier on a lot of people if you had just taken a day off willingly 

onemile

Can you find a cheap non-contract gym you can join? That's what I did whenever the TM broke in Miami. $10/month is worth it to be able to run.

run wearing a mask on the treadmill at a gym?