Beginners and Beyond

Taper Saturdailies (Read 30 times)

sdWhiskers

Running long with heavy legs should lead to racing with light ones, sort of like a baseball player taking swings with a weighted ring on his bat before stepping to the plate. Maybe we should just run with ankle weights then. 

My personal trainer runs with a weighted vest 

When I ran with a stroller, I felt this benefit also

LRB

My personal trainer runs with a weighted vest 

When I ran with a stroller, I felt this benefit also

I have a weighted vest, the chances of me running with that thing on are slim and nil, and slim just left the room. lol

Half Crazy K 2.0

Running long with heavy legs should lead to racing with light ones, sort of like a baseball player taking swings with a weighted ring on his bat before stepping to the plate. Maybe we should just run with ankle weights then. 

I need to be careful with the heavy legs/fatigue/whatever. I'm thinking the back to back longer runs will take care of that, but make Monday a rest day.

LRB

I need to be careful with the heavy legs/fatigue/whatever. I'm thinking the back to back longer runs will take care of that, but make Monday a rest day.

Whatever works. Just throwing peanuts from the gallery...

LRB

I had an idea to make lasagna today. It's been forever since I made one (for realz, like 10 years) so I went to three stores for a whole bunch of yummy, authentic goodness. Shit, I ran out of money and ended up using a debit card to get everything. I spent a damn fortune and will spend three hours cooking this crap. Why was this a good idea again? #nexttimetakethebluepill

Runshortii

I ran 12 as a progression run. Didn’t quite hit the paces but still a good effort, and a hilly loop. Misjudged it and had to have DH pick me up cause I was not running an extra two miles 

my best HMs have always been when I’ve had a longer long run than 12 or  13 miles.

Runshortii

I had an idea to make lasagna today. It's been forever since I made one (for realz, like 10 years) so I went to three stores for a whole bunch of yummy, authentic goodness. Shit, I ran out of money and ended up using a debit card to get everything. I spent a damn fortune and will spend three hours cooking this crap. Why was this a good idea again? #nexttimetakethebluepill

Mmmmm lasagna

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am so out of shape that all my runs are on tired legs, lol.

Today was a nice one.  Rainy, windy, and low 30s to high 20s.  Had a nice 6.  Peaceful out there and not another runner in sight.

I also did 2 hours on the piano.

Damaris

DavePNW

Are you going to start logging this?

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Are you going to start logging this?

Doh, of course.  It's XT after all. Wink

Damaris

LRB

How far over your expected concert time is that?

DavePNW

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

How far over your expected concert time is that?

That's half of what I used to practice daily, but that's all the time I want to dedicate it right now.  I used to practice 4 hours daily but now I'll try 2-3 times a week at 1-2 hours and see.

Damaris

Cyberic

Eating is a big chunk of our budget. I buy local as much as possible, and that is often more expensive (go figure), and I eat meat. I don't know how long it's been since you've bought meat, but in the last 10 years or so the price of meat has increased tremendously.

Thanks to the woman, we eat very good here: almost always home cooked food. I hopped on the wagon too, but if I were by myself, I don't think I'd go through the effort. So kudos to you, my friend! Hopefully some nice lady is going to thank you for that delicious lasagna 

Cyberic

I have no answer to the optimal length of the LR for a HM. I would probably run 16 milers if training for a 5K, so ...