Beginners and Beyond

NRR: kid suspended for bringing toy to school (Read 412 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL.  Imagine the mother at the principal's office picking up the item.

Damaris

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

Just think of the opposite genders:
      "Alright son lets go pick up your first Pocket P..."

yeah...  

I did take my son one time. I'm an equal opportunity parent.

MM #8764 / HF #6535 / Double Agent #668

PRs: 5K - 27:43, 10K - 57:14, HM - 2:06:18, FM - 5:22:42

~How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were supposed to be?~

happylily

A boy in 6th grade is old enough to know what he's doing and what he's taking to school. If he didn't know what it was for, he'd have asked his mom about it.  Never mind being suspended 2 weeks from the school (which I find too long, btw. The kid must be happy about it! Better to give him after school detention for a few days instead), I would ground the boy for a whole month at home. No computer, no TV, no music. Nothing but homework and house chores. It was a blatant lack of respect for the mom. Not funny. Would it be alright if the mom took her son's private diary and read it to the neighbors and they all laughed about it? No. Respect must be taught.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

A boy in 6th grade is old enough to know what he's doing and what he's taking to school. If he didn't know what it was for, he'd have asked his mom about it.  Never mind being suspended 2 weeks from the school (which I find too long, btw. The kid must be happy about it! Better to give him after school detention for a few days instead), I would ground the boy for a whole month at home. No computer, no TV, no music. Nothing but homework and house chores. It was a blatant lack of respect for the mom. Not funny. Would it be alright if the mom took her son's private diary and read it to the neighbors and they all laughed about it? No. Respect must be taught.

Hark the herald angels sing...glory to the newborn Queen.  Lighten up a bit Francis...it's the Holidays.

As my kid's teacher says.."Don't believe what your kids say about me, and I won't believe what they say about you".   Werd up!

Baboon

delicate flower

Junior should have brought dad's blowup doll instead.  "Why does the doll look so surprised?"

<3

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

bow chakka bow bow

happylily

Hark the herald angels sing...glory to the newborn Queen.  Lighten up a bit Francis...it's the Holidays.

As

Yeah... like I asked you your opinion on my opinion.... YOU lighten up, buddy. Big grin

Yeah... like I asked you your opinion on my opinion.... YOU lighten up, buddy. Big grin

The interwebz tubes can be befuzzling at times. Just messing with you Lily.

happylily

The interwebz tubes can be befuzzling at times. Just messing with you Lily.

Stop messing up with me! You make me at times. Big grin

@runjerseygirl

There sure is a lot of love going around in a thread about "toys".  Just saying.  Wink

Do you even run?

bow chakka bow bow

The principal called....she said that you can stop by anytime to retrieve your 'item'.

Weezer88

I'm curious if the toy was battery powered or manual.  Inquiring minds want to know!

I AM WEEZER.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Kinda surprised WhippyNoodle, I mean FlippyNoodle, hasn't checked in here.

And why is that exactly? I don't often talk about this sort of stuff around here.

(and if you're confusing me with FreeSoul, I'm gonna cut you)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm curious if the toy was battery powered or manual.  Inquiring minds want to know!

And how was he caught?  Did he try to use it on some unsuspecting female?  Or on himself?

Damaris

happylily

And why is that exactly? I don't often talk about this sort of stuff around here.

(and if you're confusing me with FreeSoul, I'm gonna cut you)

LOL...