Beginners and Beyond

NRR: kid suspended for bringing toy to school (Read 412 times)

happylily

I'm curious if the toy was battery powered or manual.  Inquiring minds want to know!

I vote manual. The sound of the battery powered ones is just so distracting. I would think...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

@runjerseygirl

I vote manual. The sound of the battery powered ones is just so distracting. I would think...

False. Wink

Do you even run?

happylily

False. Wink

I wouldn't know... You must be right. Big grin

Smashy!!!

I agree with the sentiment that a 2 week suspension is out of step with the crime. If I were principal, I would've given the kid Saturday school with that jock who taped Larry's butt, the nerd who tried to off himself, that loser who I just hate and wish would punch me so that I could really do something to him, and that beauty queen who I guess is only there (in the background) to create romantic tension. 

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

And why is that exactly? I don't often talk about this sort of stuff around here.

(and if you're confusing me with FreeSoul, I'm gonna cut you)

Its all about the Noodle...

Damaris, from what my girls tell me, he was showing it to all the kids, and you know kids these days.  They all have cell phones.  Well, let's just say someone dared him to do something with it and photographic evidence emerged.  This is what happens when you teach sex ed to grade school children.  Or not.

I do agree that suspension is a bit harsh.  Yes, kids should be respectful, but we adults have a very secretive, puritan attitude about sex in this part of the world.  As a child, I always found it odd that no one spoke of the topic, yet everyone celebrates pregnancy - like it's an immaculate conception.

LOL at the mother having to pick up the "item" from the school...  Poor thing.

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

happylily

Yes, the suspension is ridiculous. It was merely inappropriate to bring that object at school. It's more for the parents to discipline the child than for the school to do it.

Regarding being open at home about sex, I grew up in a house where my parents walked around naked and discussed sex with my crazy grand-parents who were living some sort of menage a quatre relationship with two other people. Let me say this: it screwed me up. Big grin Now, I hardly ever kiss my SO in front of my kids.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris, from what my girls tell me, he was showing it to all the kids, and you know kids these days.  They all have cell phones.  Well, let's just say someone dared him to do something with it and photographic evidence emerged.  This is what happens when you teach sex ed to grade school children.  Or not.

I do agree that suspension is a bit harsh.  Yes, kids should be respectful, but we adults have a very secretive, puritan attitude about sex in this part of the world.  As a child, I always found it odd that no one spoke of the topic, yet everyone celebrates pregnancy - like it's an immaculate conception.

LOL at the mother having to pick up the "item" from the school...  Poor thing.

LOL.  I agree.  2 weeks was harsh but it might be procedure?

Damaris

@runjerseygirl

LOL.  I agree.  2 weeks was harsh but it might be procedure?

You think they have a procedure for this kind of thing?  LMAO!  How often does this have to happen for them to put a procedure in place?

Do you even run?

Smashy!!!

You think they have a procedure for this kind of thing?  LMAO!  How often does this have to happen for them to put a procedure in place?

School Discplinary Handbook, pg. 75, paragraph 2.3.1: "In the event that student brings a recreational object of the sexual type to school, said student will be given 2 week suspension minimum."  

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

@runjerseygirl

School Discplinary Handbook, pg. 75, paragraph 2.3.1: "In the even that student brings a recreational object of the sexual type to school, said student will be given 2 week suspension minimum."  

OMG. 

Do you even run?

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

OMG. 

If you actually believed that, I have some ocean front property here in Oklahoma that I'd like to sell you at a bargain price. Wink

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

He should have just labeled it "hemorrhoid massager" and then it would have been appropriate for Health Class... "Yes, the vibration helps reduce the swelling of this annoying tissue of your body...."     Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

happylily

He should have just labeled it "hemorrhoid massager" and then it would have been appropriate for Health Class... "Yes, the vibration helps reduce the swelling of this annoying tissue of your body...."     Wink

I think you just invented something, Scotty! You're gonna make big bucks with it. Only three easy monthly payments of $19.99! Big grin

@runjerseygirl

If you actually believed that, I have some ocean front property here in Oklahoma that I'd like to sell you at a bargain price. Wink

I seriously laughed WAY too much at this!

Do you even run?