Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 53 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning everyone!

Enjoy the city tour Lily!

I set my alarm for 5:50 this morning but thunder and lightning woke me up at 4. Went back to sleep, will do a lunchtime run today instead. Boss is gone and today's experiment has a long incubation time in the middle, so I'll pop into the gym for a quick strength workout right after the run.

WHERE IS DOCKET? MTA: Apparently I started my post just before you posted, haha. I have heard a rumor that Mizuno is bringing back the Elixir this fall - you were another Elixir fan, correct? I will be super happy if this is true!!

I have heard that rumor as well and I am prepared to buy 10 pairs ASAP.  Hope the rumor is true.

Damaris

outoftheblue

Another RD.  My hamstring pain returned after only a moderate increase in running last week, so I'm shutting it down again.  I made an appointment on Thursday to see a person who specializes in sports massage and therapy and am hoping she can help me get to the bottom of my ongoing issues.

Life is good.

LRB

WARNING: IDIOT CROSSING AHEAD

LRB

LRB

No it is not a tu-tu.

It is the contraption you put on to run on the Alter G.

Baboon

delicate flower

No it is not a tu-tu.

Uh huh.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I went for our last run for the week this morning, 4.7 miles, well.... Rocky won't be running for almost 2 weeks though we will be walking quite a bit.

Then I headed to the gym.

Dumbbell Lateral Raises: 12.5lbsX12reps, 15lbsX8reps, 12.5lbsX12reps, 15lbsX8reps, 12.5lbsX12reps, 15lbsX8reps
                Converging Plate Loaded Overhead Press: 70lbsX12reps, 70lbsX12reps, 70lbsX12reps, 70lbsX12reps, 60lbsX12reps, 60lbsX12reps
                Rear Delt: 50lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 50lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 50lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps
                Shoulder Shrugs: 27.5lbsX12reps, 30lbsX10reps, 27.5lbsX12reps, 30lbsX10reps, 27.5lbsX12reps, 30lbsX12reps
                Front Plate Raise: 35lbsX12reps, 35lbsX12reps, 35lbsX12reps, 35lbsX12reps, 35lbsX12reps, 35lbsX12reps

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

B-Plus

B-Plus

NEWSFLASH - I ate shit up last night. If I wasnt planning to spend so much time on airplanes, I'd be ESUing today as well.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

Lily: Congrats on another BQ! I hope you will do a report on your races and time in Boston. Smile

I will get some miles in today, I just don't know when. Life is busy and things happen but miles always help the cause.

Have a good day.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

7 of my 11 done with 5.5 of the required 6 at strength pace. I feel lousy about cutting back but I'm sore,  tired and cranky. I'm trying to justify it by telling myself that I only short changed my warmup and cooldown. I hope I put enough hay in the barn.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Ric-G

10 miles this AM...

lily, b+, onemile, jay ...congrats again! and enjoy your recovery...

lrb - if you say it's not, i believe you..

have a great day everyone!

marathon pr - 3:16

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Little Blue

Sorry about the whiney back, Little Blue, I feel ya...my back is giving me signals it's time once again for my spinal arthritis injections, yeah, fun stuff...been procrastinating on it, but I think I better get it done if I want to stay functional.  Good luck with the grass mowing - altho you might think about passing on that till your back stops whining.

That's a good thought, except that I do it for a living. And it's been whining since February.  Actually the mowing doesn't bother it a bit, and the movement seems to be good for my back.  But I would be willing to be a kept woman, if I could!