Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 42 times)

LRB

'Sup?

StepbyStep-SH

URD - couldn't drag myself out of bed. 5 cardio workouts a week is enough, right? Especially if 3-4 of them are an hour or more? Just couldn't drag myself out of bed to face an hour on the elliptical.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

'Sup?

lmao

'Morning!  30 minute recovery jog last night, and a 40 minute run planned today.  As excited as I am about my race Sunday, stalking the weather is getting me even more excited.  If the forecast holds up, it's going to be frikkin beautiful for a marathon.  45-55 during the race, sunny, light breeze from the east (the route runs mostly north and south).   Giggity.

<3

LRB

delicate flower

<3

LRB

Singlet weather.

Although I am sure you have, I cannot say that I recall ever seeing you wearing a singlet in a race pic. Me on the other hand, own more singlets than running socks. lol

From the Internet.

Morning!

Track workout last night was excellent. 1x1000 - 4:38, 2x800 - 3:42, 3:40, 3x600 - 2:36, 2:42, 2:41, 8 miles total with warmup/cooldown/recoveries. I wore my DS Racers for the second time ever and those shoes make me feel fast! Can't wait to race something in them! 4.27 recovery-jog miles done this morning, slow but I felt good the whole time - tired but not sore.

I have been ESU for DAYS, weighed myself this morning and I'm down a pound from last week. At this rate my grocery bill is going to become absurd when I break into the 50s for weekly mileage.

delicate flower

Although I am sure you have, I cannot say that I recall ever seeing you wearing a singlet in a race pic. Me on the other hand, own more singlets than running socks. lol

It is rare.  Here's one though...Tower of Terror 10 Miler last fall.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Absolutely freaking nothing!!!

It actually felt good not to have an alarm set before 7:40 AM, except for my stupid watch alarm that went off at 4 AM... forgot about that one. I might take Dorian and Rocky for a walk later today.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

lmao

'Morning!  30 minute recovery jog last night, and a 40 minute run planned today.  As excited as I am about my race Sunday, stalking the weather is getting me even more excited.  If the forecast holds up, it's going to be frikkin beautiful for a marathon.  45-55 during the race, sunny, light breeze from the east (the route runs mostly north and south).   Giggity.

Your taper looks pretty steep. How are your legs feeling?  Ready to go??

cjones1

As excited as I am about my race Sunday, stalking the weather is getting me even more excited.  If the forecast holds up, it's going to be frikkin beautiful for a marathon.  45-55 during the race, sunny, light breeze from the east (the route runs mostly north and south).   Giggity.

I'm really "happy" for you.   I on the other hand, apparently will be running through a recreation of the movie Twister. Smile

Quick 2m run this morning.  And now I wait...

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

LRB

Some of those are seriously keepers!

Yep. That''s B & B hotness right there.

LRB

It is rare.  Here's one though...Tower of Terror 10 Miler last fall.

More hotness.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I am working from home (after two weeks of not being able to) so I ran this morning.  Only 76F but the 72DP felt through my lungs, which are congested from the smoke (brushfires) this week.  I should have hopped on the TM earlier but didn't.  Overall, a great run but the lungs are not happy.  Boo.  Pilates later, followed by me giving a class at my lawschool Alma Mater.

Baboon, you need to repost our FE pic, FFS.

Damaris

delicate flower

Your taper looks pretty steep. How are your legs feeling?  Ready to go??

I'm feeling good.  I feel better than I did during my last taper, but I think last time I may have overtrained a bit and went into the race a little tired.  I'm starting to feel refreshed and rested.  Extra sleep has helped.

Baboon, you need to repost our FE pic, FFS.

Good times.

<3