Beginners and Beyond

The Damn DAILIES (Read 52 times)

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

The city canceled my 15 miler tomorrow due to ice, booooo.  It's funny the same race of the distance series last year got canceled due to unsafe conditions.  I skipped my runs the last few days due to too much ice, just not worth the risk (and I don't have a treadmill).  It warmed up just enough yesterday to clear most of the roads, so I'll get some miles in later today.

Andrea, that is some dedication! Smile  I've had ice beard a couple of times, but haven't got a picture of it yet.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Yugo8

Hello!  I think I may take the day off, but I'll see.  Working working working.  I hope everyone has a nice Friday.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You need to get a pic of that!

Hey everyone!

The city canceled my 15 miler tomorrow due to ice, booooo.  It's funny the same race of the distance series last year got canceled due to unsafe conditions.  I skipped my runs the last few days due to too much ice, just not worth the risk (and I don't have a treadmill).  It warmed up just enough yesterday to clear most of the roads, so I'll get some miles in later today.

Andrea, that is some dedication! Smile  I've had ice beard a couple of times, but haven't got a picture of it yet.

Hope everyone has a great day!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, the temp  in San Antonio when I got up at 6:30 a.m. was 27 degrees with a wind chill of -3!  That is DAMN COLD for we South Texans!  We did get freezing rain last night and all our highway overpasses froze over and so we have had several accidents from last night to this morning.  Mainly because the 'idiot drivers' are still trying to get over the overpasses even though the police put out a city-wide bulletin not to.  Some folks even had to abandon their cars last night, leaving them on the local highways.  I did come in to work this morning, driving on the back roads going very easily and got in okay.  My normal 20 minute commute took me 45 minutes.  Don't care, I was in no hurry, just played it nice and safe.   Then got to work and found out I should have stayed home anyway cuz the university put out a 'weather alert' message via internet, phone, etc, that the university would be closed today because of the road conditions.  I forgot to check the darn thing before leaving home, duhhhh!   Oh well...kind of nice to be in the office all by myself and I have gotten quite a lot done with no interruptions.   I'll be going home shortly.  Right now it is 29 degrees, so we have 'warmed up' a bit, lol.

Today is a rest day for me and tomorrow I have two 5Ks, one in the morning, and one at 4 PM.  The weather should be a lot nicer.  By tomorrow, San Antonio will be heading back into the 60s for the high.  The temp for my morning 5K will be near 40, so not bad at all. Crazy Texas weather!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hope your workout went well, LRB!

Yeah, don't neglect the cat, Lily!  You wouldn't like 'cat revenge'...peeing on your things, etc.   Good luck with the miles!

ANOTHER ski vacation, Baboon?  Didn't you just come back from a ski trip?  Well, good luck getting through all that work, and then enjoy that vacation.   How come MBC hasn't been posting lately?  Did I miss something?

Enjoy the eagles, Step.  All those eagles, that would be cool to see.   Safe trip tomorrow!

Sounds like some power naps are in order for you today, Damaris.  Wishing your friend all the best!

Happy birthday in advance to your DD, Zelanie!  Good luck with your miles!

Glad you got some relief, Andrew, with your daughter and spouse.   Good luck with the realtor thing, buying/selling a house can be a real stressor!

Well, Oksi, you know how to get your fingers warm?  Just put your lips together and blow.....on them...    Hope you get your wish and Dave gets in a better mood.  I'm assuming Dave is your SO.

Dang, FreeSoul, that looks, as Oski said for her weather, COLD OUT!   Wait...Rocky doesn't get a hat too?

Good luck with the goal 5 miles, B-Plus.

Sorry about your race being canceled, Dave2!  Well now you can sleep in a bit longer tomorrow.

Hope you have a nice Friday yourself, Yugo, and a happy weekend.

Have fun with your lunch-time run, DaveP!   Yeah, our schools are all closed here too...and all our universities too....and I'm the idiot that is at work cuz I didn't check the message, dang it...I coulda slept in!  Well, heck with being at work, I got a lot done (been here since just before 7, Texas time) and so now I am going home after I post this!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

And just because January cannot suck enough for us:

My husband got a chest XRay today without telling me and they found a 6mm pulmonary nodule. It looks like they are usually benign but I am freaking out.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/2139920-overview

Damaris

LRB

And just because January cannot suck enough for us:

Hopefully it is just the month and the whole damn year!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I doubt Rocky would let me put a hat on him, lol. Heck he won't wear shoes either, but he seems to really enjoy this stuff.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

On top of the possible lung cancer news, Daisy's ashes came in.  Please be advised I am getting drunk tonight.

Damaris

LRB

My normal 20 minute commute took me 45 minutes.  Don't care, I was in no hurry, just played it nice and safe.   Then got to work and found out I should have stayed home anyway cuz the university put out a 'weather alert' message via internet, phone, etc, that the university would be closed today because of the road conditions.  I forgot to check the darn thing before leaving home, duhhhh! 

That sucks!  They closed schools here today but honestly it has been so cold here that the temps today while low seem normal.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Last night I did 1.75 miles of run/walk on the TM with .25 mile walking warmup and .25 mile walking cool down for 2.25 total. Then strength stuff.

Yoga tonight after work.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Hip Redux

On top of the possible lung cancer news, Daisy's ashes came in.  Please be advised I am getting drunk tonight.

Hugs.  Sad

DavePNW

7 on the treadmill. 2@9:13, 3@8:00, 2@9:13.

Dave

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

7 on the treadmill. 2@9:13, 3@8:00, 2@9:13.

Nice one Dave. I would run something similar for a tempo run. Tomorrow I have a Tempo run as part of my LR. It looks something like 2 miles @ 9:31, 5x (5 min @7:44, 1 min @ 9:31), 1 hr @ 9:31.

I think Daniel's is actually making these more in to something more like a cruise interval, but that's the plan he has laid out.

- Andrew

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.5. Windy and cold for here. I hate cold weather.

Marjorie