Beginners and Beyond

The Damn DAILIES (Read 52 times)

Mmmmm...beer

Ended up with 7.74 miles @ 7:55/mile average.  There's still a fair amount of ice out there, but pretty easy to dodge it in the daylight.  I won't be running in the dark again until it's gone.  Luckily it should warm up enough this weekend to get rid of the rest of it so I can get back to morning running on Monday.

Damaris, hope it turns out to be benign and doesn't cause any issues.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

outoftheblue

I slogged through my 14 miles today.  The legs which felt so fresh and frisky on yesterday's tempo run were leaden today.   Driving out to my Grandma's funeral tomorrow,  I still can't believe she's gone.  I will really  miss her, but hopefully she is reunited with her husband and in a better place now.

Damaris -- my heart goes out to you for everything you have been going through.  Sending positive thoughts and prayers out to your husband.

Life is good.

happylily

Linda, great run! It is good to run long on tired legs. It means you ran your tempo at the correct effort yesterday and you have developed great endurance to run so long the day after tempo. I'm sorry about your grandmother. Grandmothers are precious, I loved mine more than anyone. But I bet you will think of her often and you will smile when you do. She is in you.

Damaris, you know I wish for the best for R. And hugs to you as well.

15 miles done. 8:11 pace. If you don't hear from me tomorrow, it's because I drowned in my bath due to being tired.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

I'm doing my tempo paces something close to 10K + 30 seconds or so (which ends up just under my HM pace).   It's my only "speed" work, and I haven't raced anything longer than a 5k in a year+, so it's mostly a guess based on feel.   I try to get to something "comfortably hard" - a pace that I can hold but that was hard enough that I have to concentrate to stick with it.

Of course, I'm a noob, so you know, I'm probably doing it wrong.  lol

LRB

That you are doing it at all is fly! 

Hip Redux

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm doing my tempo paces something close to 10K + 30 seconds or so (which ends up just under my HM pace).   It's my only "speed" work, and I haven't raced anything longer than a 5k in a year+, so it's mostly a guess based on feel.   I try to get to something "comfortably hard" - a pace that I can hold but that was hard enough that I have to concentrate to stick with it.

I always think we are all doing it wrong.  That's what makes running so interesting.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I picked my friend up from the hospital.  They found some blockage in her arteries so I am glad she got it checked because if she had not been without food and nauseous, she might not have noticed the chest constrictions until the blockage was bad.  She has been losing weight so she is on the right path and I hope this only helps her more.

Damaris

LRB

FYP

I thought I typed that.  lol

happylily

I picked my friend up from the hospital.  They found some blockage in her arteries so I am glad she got it checked because if she had not been without food and nauseous, she might not have noticed the chest constrictions until the blockage was bad.  She has been losing weight so she is on the right path and I hope this only helps her more.

What was the initial surgery for, D.?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Tomorrows high of 22 degrees will occur in the morning between the hours of 6 and 8 am, during yet another snowstorm.

From there the temps will drop rapidly over the course of the day until they reach single digits around 7 pm.  Oh yeah, winds will hold steady throughout the day at 15 to 20 MPH.

Not only does this put a damper on my plans for speed work tomorrow, but it also screws up my night as I will go to bed without a clue of not only what the fuck I am doing tomorrow, but where.  Sigh.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What was the initial surgery for, D.?

Removal of polyps from her backside.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Tomorrows high of 22 degrees will occur in the morning between the hours of 6 and 8 am, during yet another snowstorm.

From there the temps will drop rapidly over the course of the day until they reach single digits around 7 pm.  Oh yeah, winds will hold steady throughout the day at 15 to 20 MPH.

Not only does this put a damper on my plans for speed work tomorrow, but it also screws up my night as I will go to bed without a clue of not only what the fuck I am doing tomorrow, but where.  Sigh.

Just buy a fucking plane ticket to MIA and book a hotel already.  Just for a weekend!  In fact, next weekend is the ING, you could do the HM and enjoy some warmth and the docket might even take you out to dinner and party at Mango's.

Damaris

Will run for scenery.

Whew - I had to skip past all that tempo nonsense so fast, I hope I didn't miss anything good ! 

Shari good luck Sunday!  I think running indoors is a great idea!

D, sorry about the unending woes.  I'm gonna drink this whole bottle of Bordeaux myself, but we'll say it's all for you!   My dad had a cancer scare years ago where the radiologist saw spots, and - weeks later - was told it was nothing.

I tried on some Hokas today.  It's sort of like dragging a sandbag behind you but oh so comfy.  I'm this close (holds up fingers, this far apart) from buying them.  I'm so tired of this achey foot nonsense.  Lately I'm thinking it's not really PF, just a bunch of bone bruises or something.  Anyway, with the money I haven't spent on shoes over the past 4 months I figure I've got a good excuse.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Whew - I had to skip past all that tempo nonsense so fast, I hope I didn't miss anything good ! 

Shari good luck Sunday!  I think running indoors is a great idea!

D, sorry about the unending woes.  I'm gonna drink this whole bottle of Bordeaux myself, but we'll say it's all for you!   My dad had a cancer scare years ago where the radiologist saw spots, and - weeks later - was told it was nothing.

I tried on some Hokas today.  It's sort of like dragging a sandbag behind you but oh so comfy.  I'm this close (holds up fingers, this far apart) from buying them.  I'm so tired of this achey foot nonsense.  Lately I'm thinking it's not really PF, just a bunch of bone bruises or something.  Anyway, with the money I haven't spent on shoes over the past 4 months I figure I've got a good excuse.

Buy then.  Especially for the races that you do.  You'll LOVE THEM.

Damaris