Beginners and Beyond

Work Release FriDAILIES (Read 46 times)

StepbyStep-SH

9.25 miles of run/walk, 7 of it with a friend. We were on my favorite trail - bald eagles, hummingbirds, great blue heron, grosbeak, gold finches, and plenty of flowers - columbine, honeysuckle, violets.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

LRB- Morning!

Hi!

Have you decided on a pace and/or strategy yet?

From the Internet.

No, I wanted to do a strength workout but overslept while dreaming I ran a 1:14 half marathon. It seemed so real that all I could think about was posting it in the dailies. I was ordering some kind of yummy post-race goodies when I woke up but cannot remember what it was for the life of me.

Wishing you all the best!

OH MAN. That reminds me of a dream I had last week - I was running a 5K to see if my fitness had improved since last fall (since that is my actual IRL plan in the next few weeks) and I crossed the finish line in 27-something or other. I was so upset, I thought I ran it really hard!

LRB

REST DAY. I feel squishy and restless D:

You are going to beat this mother fucking race into submission!

LRB

Hi, Dailies.

I ran 5 miles last night after work.  It was, luckily, overcast and the sun wasn't beating down oppressively.

I just hope I get a transition period to the hot weather.

LRB

Plan on 8 miles or so after work. This week has really dragged. Its beautiful today and then heat and humidity returns for my 5k on Sunday.

Hopefully the morning chill hangs around long enough that it is not that bad. I remember my first year of racing, where I stupidly raced in the sweltering temps of July and August and it was miserable. lol

Zelanie

Hi!

Have you decided on a pace and/or strategy yet?

Start off at super ridiculously easy, then see if I feel like running faster. Mentally, I'm breaking it into 4 x 10K plus a victory lap. My main goal is to rock that 3rd 10k.  DH is meeting me at every 10k. The race is tiny, something like 35 finishers for the full last year, and the course is rural. So it will be nice to have him around at least.

Baboon

delicate flower

Start off at super ridiculously easy, then see if I feel like running faster. Mentally, I'm breaking it into 4 x 10K plus a victory lap. My main goal is to rock that 3rd 10k.  DH is meeting me at every 10k. The race is tiny, something like 35 finishers for the full last year, and the course is rural. So it will be nice to have him around at least.

Sounds like a race that is prime for AG pickin'.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  What a fucking day so far.  I have Pilates and 8 miles tonight and looking forward to that, though.

Anyway, I had court so I drive to Broward, get all my shit, closed the car, go back to the car because I wanted to throw out the remnants of my breakfast, picked the bag with the breakfast, and closed the car, with my purse inside.

Now, my car is those that will not lock if the car keys are inside the car.  EXCEPT TODAY.

Fortunately, and as usual, I had my iPhone in my hand so I text hubby who was still sleeping to get me the code to open my car.  He sends it to me in 5 minutes, miracle.  IT DIDN'T OPEN THE CAR.

So, here it is 8:20am and I text hubby, I have 20% of battery and you need to drive to Broward to give me the extra keys.  Let me know if you are coming, I'll try to find a charger from the court in the meantime.  Court starts at 9:30am and here I am WITH NO MAKEUP.   Fortunately, I had my jacket on (which is not normal) so all I needed is to look less than dead.

Hubby got there in record time, I got my keys, opened the car, pulled the purse out, put some lipstick and mascara and made it to court with 2 minutes to spare.  Yay me.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Basya, I am glad you found some peace.  Keeping you in my thoughts.

Z, good luck!

Damaris

LRB

Sounds like a race that is prime for AG pickin'.

No doubt. Shit, she might win the damn thing. lol

Half Crazy K 2.0

Hopefully the morning chill hangs around long enough that it is not that bad. I remember my first year of racing, where I stupidly raced in the sweltering temps of July and August and it was miserable. lol

No morning chill. Low is 70. Race time is 72 with 64 dew point.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Forgot to say, Marjorie, OMG!  So cute.  He looks like he is saying, eh, why are you leaving me here?

Damaris

LRB

What an unmitigated disaster D, thankfully it worked out.

I once involuntarily threw a diamond tennis bracelet in the snow that I bought for my daughter for her 18th birthday. Talk about sick to the stomach, ugh!!

Luckily it was found or I would have never gotten over that!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

That is one cool looking dude. I cannot wait to see the three of them together...if Quincy allows it that is. lol

Hammy is okay with him.  A little skittish but not bad.  Quincy is still the "I'm the boss and you need to get away from me"  He will come around in another day. He isn't barking at him non stop anymore and has only snapped at him a few times so it is better.  They all get to go on the adventure of going to the vet in a bit.  That should be fun.

Marjorie