Beginners and Beyond

Saturday dailies and HELLO! (Read 33 times)

delicate flower

Good morning, friends.  What's everyone got going on today?  If you are like me, you'll be working all weekend.  I'd complain about it, but I suppose it's better than sitting around stressing about Monday, and at least I'll be sitting on my butt working from home all weekend, and I even have conference calls both days.     I do have to grocery shop and do a short run later today, and I am looking forward to both things.

<3

delicate flower

Two words:  TAIL.  WINDS.

Also, travel safe, DaveP.  See you Monday maybe but probably not.

<3

Two words:  TAIL.  WINDS.

Is this a true thing, or just some kind of incantation you’re repeating to try to make it happen?

4 miles in a drizzle. Hammy still hurts, but at this point it can pretty much go fuck itself. Heading to the airport in about an hour.

Dave

BTW, most of you know there is a regular Body Glide and a lady version. But who knew they had a baby? How freaking adorable is this? That’ll fit in my SpiBelt on Monday.

Dave

Cyberic

LR done. Less mileage (18), but with intensity.

For reference:

6K = 3.73 miles

3K = 1.86 miles

2K = 1.24 miles

1K = 0.62 miles

~5 miles WU + a few pickups + 6K@HMP + 1K@E + 3K@HMP + 1K@10K + 1K@E + 2K@10K + 1K@E + 1K@10K (finish strong) + ~3 miles CD. It. Was. Hard. Am not too happy with my HMP. I think I was giving it a decent effort, but I would have thought the pace would be faster. Things got better in the faster sections. But after that last 1K I was beat. I struggled on my jog back home. I even stopped a couple of times to get some rest. A workout like that shoves in my face the fact that I was sandbagging it all winter long.

Paces: 6:41 and 6:42 on the HMP parts, 6:15 on the 10KP parts, and 6:09 on the last 10KP split (finish strong).

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 65 miles in intermittent light rain.  I was planning on a century, but got tired of the soggy feet and hands.  Temps were in the 50s, and I got a little chilly.  It still beat riding inside.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

BTW, most of you know there is a regular Body Glide and a lady version. But who knew they had a baby? How freaking adorable is this? That’ll fit in my SpiBelt on Monday.

There is an even smaller version than that, called the Mini Body Glide (both male and female).  The one that fits everywhere and normally lasts one marathon (for me). If you see that one, you'll see the baby of this baby, ha.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 5 miles and I'm hoping to do some more Bosu workouts for my knee.

Damaris

Cyberic

Oh, I wore my Boston marathon LS shirt on my run this morning. Just because 

Oh, I wore my Boston marathon LS shirt on my run this morning. Just because 

I approve. Saw a lot of Boston shirts on my runs in the past week.

MTA: I am now in the car en route to the airport, wearing The Jacket for the first time since I bought it. It’s beautiful.

Dave

Cyberic

I approve. Saw a lot of Boston shirts on my runs in the past week.

MTA: I am now in the car en route to the airport, wearing The Jacket for the first time since I bought it. It’s beautiful.

Made me look good, but didn't help with my workout, though.

Have a nice trip!

delicate flower

Is this a true thing, or just some kind of incantation you’re repeating to try to make it happen?

That is the current forecast  Straight 20 mph tailwind the entire race.

<3

sdWhiskers

4 miles. I stayed in bed too long and then that's all I had time for before DS's baseball game.

Cyberic

That is the current forecast  Straight 20 mph tailwind the entire race.

Wishing you just that!

My photo-journey begins.

LOL don’t worry I won’t be doing this the whole trip. Probably. Anyway, I’m at the gate, and not a single other jacket in sight. It’s this coming Monday, right??

Dave