Beginners and Beyond

Past 12 SunDAILIES (Read 31 times)

DavePNW

Ran 10, to bring my weekly total to a satisfactory 49 miles.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

I need to watch my mouth when cars have their windows open. Towards the end of my run, I was crossing a major road. I was in the intersection with a walk signal. When I cross here, even with the signal, I watch drivers in the right turn lane, because despite the red light & cross traffic, they don't fucking stop. So, bitch does just that--doesn't stop until she is right on top of the crosswalk. Me: wow, you're an asshole. She heard me and then yelled it back out the window, I just said yep and continued. Probably not the smartest thing on my part.

And cramplett? 

The first few early were little buzz cramps, maybe the size of a pencil eraser...

so ‘cramplett ‘ seemed about right 😛

the later two cramps were more like being shot with a pellet gun and I had to popo not to fall.

bluerun

Super B****

I'm just here to tell people who were traumatized by all my years of sub-6 bitching that I can probably stop now.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

He's baaaack 

I feel a little slow (I am, actually) but I feel great. I have a tryout with a club that I could go to on Tuesday morning  at 6:30    .  I now mentally feel I could easily keep training by myself and follow my own schedule. But since two weeks ago I felt like I needed group support I haven't decided yet if I will just cancel or if I will show. No big deal either way for the club. So it's just me. But yeah, I'm ready to tackle on some months of training right now.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

18 TM miles done. I went up a notch on the TM every 5 miles. 50 for the week.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Probably not the smartest thing on my part.

I beg to differ.

<3

sdWhiskers

I'm just here to tell people who were traumatized by all my years of sub-6 bitching that I can probably stop now.

Glad to see you pop in! Congrats on hitting your goal!! (I'm guessing?)

onemile

I feel a little slow (I am, actually) but I feel great. I have a tryout with a club that I could go to on Tuesday morning  at 6:30    .  I now mentally feel I could easily keep training by myself and follow my own schedule. But since two weeks ago I felt like I needed group support I haven't decided yet if I will just cancel or if I will show. No big deal either way for the club. So it's just me. But yeah, I'm ready to tackle on some months of training right now.

What does the try out entail?

DavePNW

Dave

LRB

Hobbs & Shaw

Dwayne Johnson cracks me the hell up. I love that dude.

Cyberic

What does the try out entail?

I show up, I do the group workout, and I leave. After that I see if I like it and I want to join or not (I guess the coach could also decide he doesn't like me). The coach is not very email talkative. I asked him a few questions (by mail), and his answer was come try it out.

I had mentioned I was a morning runner and his morning sessions are at 6:30. I should go try it out, but if i know in advance I prefer to continue training by myself, I'm not going to get up at 4:45 to make it to a group workout for nothing.

A very good part of the group would be for winter running, as their group has access to one of the few indoor 200m tracks.

The downside is the strict schedule: trainings are at fixed times, of course. I'm used to not having any schedule obligations for my running.

onemile

I show up, I do the group workout, and I leave. After that I see if I like it and I want to join or not (I guess the coach could also decide he doesn't like me). The coach is not very email talkative. I asked him a few questions (by mail), and his answer was come try it out.

I had mentioned I was a morning runner and his morning sessions are at 6:30. I should go try it out, but if i know in advance I prefer to continue training by myself, I'm not going to get up at 4:45 to make it to a group workout for nothing.

A very good part of the group would be for winter running, as their group has access to one of the few indoor 200m tracks.

The downside is the strict schedule: trainings are at fixed times, of course. I'm used to not having any schedule obligations for my running.

Ohhh you are just trying it to see how you like it.

It wouldn't be getting up at 4:45 to make it to a group workout "for nothing" though. There are benefits to running with a group.

Cyberic

It wouldn't be getting up at 4:45 to make it to a group workout "for nothing" though. There are benefits to running with a group.

Of course, but if it's only going to be that one time, I don't know if the benefit is worth the trouble. If I'm going to do it regularly, or if I consider it, then yeah.

onemile

Of course, but if it's only going to be that one time, I don't know if the benefit is worth the trouble. If I'm going to do it regularly, or if I consider it, then yeah.

try it and see if you think it's worth it.  I drove 25 min today (each way) to run for less than an hour with RP; but it made what I usually dread (day after long run slog) much more enjoyable to have company and a chance of scenery (ran a new route around a lake)