Beginners and Beyond

Past 12 SunDAILIES (Read 31 times)

onemile

has anyone tried magnesium oil spray? This stuff is amazing

onemile

Ran 10, to bring my weekly total to a satisfactory 49 miles.

doesn't it leave you a little empty knowing you could have run one more mile to get to 50? 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Dwayne Johnson cracks me the hell up. I love that dude.

Me too.  It was a fun movie.  They get bigger and more unbelievable every movie but still entertain.

Damaris

KCRuns

It wasn’t pretty, but I completed 16 run/walk, emphasis on walk. It was hot and humid, but the company was great and the miles got done, albeit a lot slower than I’m used to. I feel like I’m starting from scratch.

From the Internet.

17.1 at 8:04 average, 70 miles for the week and I'm gonna sleep like a baby tonight. Legs feel good but it was HOT. 2 gels and a ton of water.

LRB

A fueling idea overheard during my run yesterday; a single Cliff Bloks chew every mile of the race.  That's 780 calories or the equivalent of 8 GUs. Sounds great except you'd be carrying 4.5 packs of chews. 🤔

sdWhiskers

A fueling idea overheard during my run yesterday; a single Cliff Bloks chew every mile of the race.  That's 780 calories or the equivalent of 8 GUs. Sounds great except you'd be carrying 4.5 packs of chews. 🤔

I do 1 chew every other mile, so 2 packs for a marathon.  Can't imagine eating more...

DavePNW

That’s twice as many Gu as I use in a marathon. You’d almost gain weight during the race with that approach. 

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I liked the Chews but I take 5 GUs during marathons and the amount of chews that would need is a bit much.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That’s twice as many Gu as I use in a marathon. You’d almost gain weight during the race with that approach. 

I know a couple of sub-3 marathoners that take 6-7 GUs during marathons...

Damaris

DavePNW

has anyone tried magnesium oil spray? This stuff is amazing

For what exactly?

Dave

GinnyinPA

8.5 on the TM. I intended more, but just wasn't feeling it, plus my hamstring was complaining at every step.

LRB

DavePNW

doesn't it leave you a little empty knowing you could have run one more mile to get to 50? 

Coming from you, I assume that is intended to be facetious. At one point in my life I would have. But no. Pretty content to be at this level right now.

Dave

onemile

Coming from you, I assume that is intended to be facetious. At one point in my life I would have. But no. Pretty content to be at this level right now.

yes, it was a joke and