Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies are all wet. (Read 40 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I jogged a fairly uncomfortable 3 miles in 45F rain.  I was planning on 6, but I was cold when I came back by my driveway.  It still beat a trip to the dentist.

Have a great Monday!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  RD for me for the next few days.  We have to be in the hospital by 11am for the first procedure (angio) today.

Damaris

delicate flower

'Morning!  'Monday.  Back in the office after a week of work travel.  2500 yard swim done bright and early.  Well technically it was before sunrise, but you feel me.  Run after work.  Speaking of run, the HM I ran in Atlanta the other day was officially in record high temps.  Ha!

<3

Cyberic

Run commute day

It would have been all wet if a few degrees warmer. Instead, did 4 very cautious miles dodging icy patches. Managed to navigate them without incident, at ultra-slow pace, but watched a cyclist go down.

Dave

delicate flower

I see my data from my first marathon is still on my old Nike+ account.  Dare I say, these splits aren't that bad, all things considered.

9'00"

8'45"

8'42"

8'52"

9'06"

9'00"

8'55"

8'55"

9'43"

8'45"

8'59"

9'08"

9'20"

9'15"

9'10"

9'25"

9'41"

9'28"

9'52"

10'11"

10'17"

10'05"

10'24"

10'12"

9'56"

10'29"

9'56"

<3

My first marathon resulted in about the same finish time as Baboon's. I was not wearing any kind of tracking device, but I logged the splits provided by the race. You all can guess how that last 10k felt.

Distance Elapsed Time Pace
                7 mi 1:02:53 8:59
                6.1 mi 2:00:26 9:27
                6.9 mi 3:04:31 9:18
                6.2 mi 4:16:13 11:34

Dave

RunningOnSand

You guys are rockstars. My first marathon was a 5:05 finish! I ran maybe 3x/wk, did 1 of each even numbered long run (aka 1-20mi, 1-18mi, etc.), and I think my avg mpw was in the 20s or early 30s. My next marathon was the same training but I got a 4:50. And my last marathon was 4-5x/wk running, no workouts, and it yielded me a 4:23, prob avg mpw in the 30s. And of course no formal workouts. I'm waffling about my fall marathon. I think it was Ginny who recommended Wineglass? So that's in the running now (Wineglass or Milwaukee Lakeshore). I'm hoping for a sub4.

I have another SRD. Legs are feeling remarkably good! BTW thank you guys all so much for the congratulatory wishes!!! It goes down as my best day in racing, bar none. Still flying high. Big grin

Good afternoon, people.

Nice rainy three, PleasantRidge.

Damaris, good luck to you and DH.

Baboon, beautiful swim. Have a pleasant run after work.

Cyberic99, how many miles do you run to work?

DavePNW, I’m happy that you completed your four-miler safely.

RunningOnSand, have a relaxing and refreshing rest day.

I don’t have my splits. I remember completing my first marathon (Jerusalem) in 4:53. I intend to do it again in 2019.

I’ll do about seven miles after work.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Mine was 5:52. Don’t even watch the splits as I think I walked the last 10 miles. I did run a 4:52 two months later. Ha.

Damaris

Bert-o

I lost my rama

My first was supposed to be a one-and-done.  3:52.  I was disappointed and determined to do better.  Did 2 faster and 2 slower since then.  I guess it wasn't that bad after all.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

delicate flower

You all can guess how that last 10k felt.

I am guessing it felt like you ran a 1:12 10K.

<3

onemile

I caved in and went to a PT this morning because my stupid back and hips hurt so much from running a whole 10 miles yesterday.  I was expecting the 'you have weak ___ and here are your strengthening exercises to do' shit but instead he did a bunch of spinal manipulation and some active release type stuff and now I have an appointment for dry needling on Thursday.

I am guessing it felt like you ran staggered through a 1:12 10K.

More this.

Dave

You guys are rockstars. My first marathon was a 5:05 finish! I ran maybe 3x/wk, did 1 of each even numbered long run (aka 1-20mi, 1-18mi, etc.), and I think my avg mpw was in the 20s or early 30s. My next marathon was the same training but I got a 4:50. And my last marathon was 4-5x/wk running, no workouts, and it yielded me a 4:23, prob avg mpw in the 30s. And of course no formal workouts. I'm waffling about my fall marathon. I think it was Ginny who recommended Wineglass? So that's in the running now (Wineglass or Milwaukee Lakeshore). I'm hoping for a sub4.

Ha, my "training plan" looked exactly like this. In hindsight it's pretty amazing I did as well as I did.

I don't think I did any serious "workouts" for my first 3 marathons, although I significantly increased my mileage and days/week.

Dave